Would you vote to retain Judge Jane S...

Would you vote to retain Judge Jane Shuler-Gray?

Created by Ethics 1st on Oct 20, 2008

292 votes

Click on an option to vote

NO

YES

UNDECIDED

DON"T CARE

WON"T VOTE

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SaynotoJane

Levelland, TX

#1 Oct 21, 2008
Let's get her out of office!!!!
bourbon red

Clovis, NM

#2 Oct 23, 2008
Let's quit breaking the law and you won't have to worry about her being in office!!!!!!

Since: Oct 08

Carlsbad, NM

#3 Oct 23, 2008
bourbon red wrote:
Let's quit breaking the law and you won't have to worry about her being in office!!!!!!
LOL!!!! Yeah stop breaking the law and you have nothing to worry about. Or better yet leave Eddy County and you wont have nothing to worry about.

Judge Gray All The Way!!!!!!!!!!
Yep

Lovington, NM

#4 Oct 23, 2008
i would vote for Gray she is awesome.

Carlsbad, NM

#5 Oct 24, 2008
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!
what

Carlsbad, NM

#6 Oct 24, 2008
Hell no and I didn't

“We need a change”

Since: Sep 08

Not a Carlsbad native

#7 Oct 25, 2008
But then, I didn't vote for any incumbent except for Senator. Had no choice. But I voted "No" on each judge after constantly seeing lopsided decisions in the paper. Over $200 for letting a dog run loose and no city tag, but $27 for someone driving with revoked licence? To quote Elmer Fudd," There's something scrwewy going on awound here"

Carlsbad, NM

#8 Oct 25, 2008
Some decisions might not seem fair compared to each other. I can kinda see why it's a $200 fine for dogs running loose. What if they had rabies or something and bit your child. Or any dog bit your child for that matter. But as a person and a judge she is fair.
rebel

Carlsbad, NM

#9 Oct 25, 2008
I have seen DWI's get off for less than the $200 dog fine. And by your reasoning, what if the dwi had of killed someone...its not equal justice in eddy county. We need new QUALIFIED judges from the ground up. But then again who would move to Carlsbad if they were qualified...We can't win for loosing..

Carlsbad, NM

#10 Oct 25, 2008
I admit, some DWI cases have gotten off with almost nothing, with every judge. Do I agree with that, NO! But isn't this problem across the nation and not just in Carlsbad? I also think their getting tougher on DWI cases. No matter what judge sits on the bench each one will be criticized for something. My point in this thread is that Judge Gray is probably the fairest judge in Eddy County. If she's gone we'll probably get someone not as qualified.
Helltotheno

Carlsbad, NM

#11 Oct 25, 2008
I'm only sorry they didn't have a "Hell no!" option.
rebel

Carlsbad, NM

#12 Oct 25, 2008
RetainGrey wrote:
I admit, some DWI cases have gotten off with almost nothing, with every judge. Do I agree with that, NO! But isn't this problem across the nation and not just in Carlsbad? I also think their getting tougher on DWI cases. No matter what judge sits on the bench each one will be criticized for something. My point in this thread is that Judge Gray is probably the fairest judge in Eddy County. If she's gone we'll probably get someone not as qualified.
No its not the same across the nation. Last month in Travis county in Central Texas a man with his 5th DWI was sentecened to life in prison. Just to the north in Willianson county a man with 4 DWI's got life in prison. So its not the same here as any other part of the nation. In New Mexico we hear alot of people with 15 and 25 DWI's and they are still out there driving and probably going to kill someone. Maybe even you. We do need tougher judges.

Carlsbad, NM

#13 Oct 25, 2008
They might have been sentenced to life in prison but in Texas the good time is ridiculous and unbelievable. They'll most likely be out in no time. I do agree with you in regards to DWI. I think it's out of hand and more needs to be done. The Judges also have sentencing guide lines they have to go by, so it's not all the judges fault when it comes to the sentencing phase for DWI's. Laws need to be changed in regards to the sentencing guide lines. If the judge was to sentence a person convicted of DWI beyond the sentencing guide lines they would be out on an appeal. But I still think Judge Gray is good for Eddy County.
Heckno

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#14 Oct 26, 2008
Jane Shuler Gray is the most spiteful and unethical judge on the bench. The law is how she sees it, not how our founding fathers' chose to formulate in the Constitution. Remember the old saying "When they came for the Jews, I said nothing, because I wasn't a Jew..."

Artesia

#15 Oct 26, 2008
Gray is far from spiteful and far from unethical. She follows the law and makes good decisions. I hope you all can sleep at night with all this crap you're saying. Liars go to hell, remember that!

Quay, NM

#16 Oct 26, 2008
This stuff about Judge Gray is ridiculous. You guys need to grow up or sign back up for grade school.

Gray is spiteful????? Give me a break!!! She's far from unethical...
Heckno

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#17 Oct 26, 2008
The only thing ridiculous is that an unethical lawyer attained the office to allow her to become an unethical judge.
roadrunner

United States

#18 Oct 28, 2008
no, i would not retain her, she needs to Go, shes bad as a judge..........Time for change of
scenery.........Heard lots about her and none of it is any good!!!!!!!!!!
Amazed

Carlsbad, NM

#19 Oct 29, 2008
FYI, I voted NO today on retaining her! The lines are already starting to form and I went in the middle of the afternoon, not during the lunch break.
If you are planning on voting, I suggest you go ahead and "get er done". I don't think its going to get any less congested.
Heck yeah

Carlsbad, NM

#20 Oct 29, 2008
She's a great judge and I voted YES!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlsbad Current-Argus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carlsbad inmate granted new trial (10:53 a.m.) (Apr '11) 16 hr Bobby 32
News County hears concerns over RV parks Apr 25 xray45 1
News Shots fired during fast-food restaurant robbery (Jan '11) Apr 22 Martinez 17
News Report: Carlsbad saw 94 days with elevated smoga Apr 13 You know 5
News How we got here: Waste Isolation Pilot Plant re... Apr 11 Myrna the Mermaid 2
News One arrested after string of armed robberies Apr 10 Frankenfool X 22
News Police warn of new Craigslist scam (May '11) Apr 9 SLB 17
More from around the web