Veterans for Peace observes Iraq inva...

Veterans for Peace observes Iraq invasion anniversary | NEWS | ...

There are 34 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Feb 19, 2008, titled Veterans for Peace observes Iraq invasion anniversary | NEWS | .... In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

ASHEVILLE The local chapter of Veterans for Peace will be observing the fifth anniversary of the Iraq invasion with several events.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
1911-govt

Elm City, NC

#1 Feb 19, 2008
Peace through superior firepower.
Niner Niner Delta

Hickory, NC

#2 Feb 19, 2008
I remember these guys being interviewed on the radio a while back. They couldn't tell you where they served, who they served with, or where their important documents were.

Basically they are useful idiot cowards hiding behind the "veteran" label.
9thID

Asheville, NC

#3 Feb 19, 2008
Not a DD214 among them.
1911-govt

Elm City, NC

#4 Feb 19, 2008
Niner Niner Delta wrote:
I remember these guys being interviewed on the radio a while back. They couldn't tell you where they served, who they served with, or where their important documents were.
Basically they are useful idiot cowards hiding behind the "veteran" label.
Apparently there were many posers in the group. Shameful to masquerade as a vet......

“Man, 2 mo' years...Whew!”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#5 Feb 19, 2008
How is it that 4 slackers can get so much attention in this town?

Thomas38

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#6 Feb 19, 2008
How is it that if peace in Iraq is mentioned the chicken hawks start screaming from the mountain tops? It's easy to be critical and use a small handful of examples to support your argument but has anyone actually looked deeply into the membership of this group and examined their credentials and experiences? I doubt it. The usual path is to continue believing what you have already concluded and never ever consider the possibility that you are in error.

About Veterans for Peace: http://www.veteransforpeace.org/Board_of_Dire...
Mark

Lake Mary, FL

#8 Feb 19, 2008
5 years of death and destruction to the sovereigned nation of Iraq and 7 years bin Laden still lives to terrorize the world.

Bush's war on terror is a total joke.

Ghost Dog

United States

#9 Feb 19, 2008
Members of VFP have to have a DD Form 214, Associate members do not, the two are different. The first, members, have served and the second are merely supporters.
Jim Greenwood

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Feb 19, 2008
Mark wrote:
5 years of death and destruction to the sovereigned nation of Iraq and 7 years bin Laden still lives to terrorize the world.
And you're certain of Bin Laden's survival because?
Jim Greenwood

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Feb 19, 2008
Thomas38 wrote:
How is it that if peace in Iraq is mentioned the chicken hawks start screaming from the mountain tops? It's easy to be critical and use a small handful of examples to support your argument but has anyone actually looked deeply into the membership of this group and examined their credentials and experiences? I doubt it. The usual path is to continue believing what you have already concluded and never ever consider the possibility that you are in error.
Thanks for the link. These individuals have indeed earned the right to protest and voice their opinions.
Ghost Dog

United States

#12 Feb 19, 2008
He keeps sending out videos!
Jim Greenwood

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Feb 19, 2008
Ghost Dog wrote:
He keeps sending out videos!
Are we certain these videos are....."current"?

Location hidden

#14 Feb 19, 2008
Thomas38 wrote:
Go to the chapters section. The NC state chapter is here in Asheville. Why do you suppose that is? Not Raleigh, not Charlotte, not Winston-Salem...nope, Asheville. Then, click on contacts and see all 5 of them. Next, click on military sercive. It is an identical version of Code Pink's 'war plans."

Sure, they've the right to protest. And I've the right to say what I said. And, Thomas, I'll guarantee that my sentiments are shared by the VAST majority of ALL veterans.

Ungrateful and bitter and they accomplish nothing.

Since: May 07

Candler, NC

#15 Feb 19, 2008
Mark wrote:
Well, we haven't had another attack on US soil so Bush must be doing something right. Too bad I can't vote for him again. Great president.
Bru

East Berlin, CT

#16 Feb 19, 2008
Thomas38 wrote:
I believe you must be listening to good ol boy Rush L.....that spiel sounds so much like what he says when he disagrees with anybody.
What do you think about the organization that is only the Veterans of the Iraq War?
Wars are ugly and lots of people thought that Hitler HAD to be fought against. This war is not in that category !!!!

Since: Nov 07

Asheville

#17 Feb 19, 2008
reasonable wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to the chapters section. The NC state chapter is here in Asheville. Why do you suppose that is? Not Raleigh, not Charlotte, not Winston-Salem...nope, Asheville. Then, click on contacts and see all 5 of them. Next, click on military sercive. It is an identical version of Code Pink's 'war plans."
Sure, they've the right to protest. And I've the right to say what I said. And, Thomas, I'll guarantee that my sentiments are shared by the VAST majority of ALL veterans.
Ungrateful and bitter and they accomplish nothing.
If they're not accomplishing anything why are you so worked up about it?

Since: Nov 07

Asheville

#18 Feb 19, 2008
mlc9852 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we haven't had another attack on US soil so Bush must be doing something right. Too bad I can't vote for him again. Great president.
Why does it matter where terrorists kill Americans?

Location hidden

#19 Feb 19, 2008
SlickMr wrote:
<quoted text>
If they're not accomplishing anything why are you so worked up about it?
I believe I was addressing Thomas' "worked up" issue. Thanks for caring, though.

“Asheville”

Since: Jul 07

Asheville

#20 Feb 19, 2008
I am a veteran and also think that bush went into this war for motives that had nothing to do with national security. I think he wanted this war before he was even elected.

Anyone who would like to see my DD214 to verify that there is such a thing as a veteran who thinks Bush has done more to HARM us than to keep us safe, can contact me and make plans to come look at my DD214. I will gladly let you do that.

The one thing you can always count on the conservative right to do is to immedaitely question the patriotism of anyone who thinks Bush is anything less than the messiah.

I have a DD214, and I think Bush has damaged us for decades to come.

What I would really like to see is the DD214 of all the "W" fans who drive their SUV's with the yellow 99 cent "support our troop" and have the balls to assume that you either have to drink every drop of the bush cool-aid or you are not a patriot and can't possibly be a veteran.

respectfully,
brent

“Why do ya need to know that?”

Leicester

#22 Feb 19, 2008
Brent Holland wrote:
I am a veteran and also think that bush went into this war for motives that had nothing to do with national security. I think he wanted this war before he was even elected.
Anyone who would like to see my DD214 to verify that there is such a thing as a veteran who thinks Bush has done more to HARM us than to keep us safe, can contact me and make plans to come look at my DD214. I will gladly let you do that.
The one thing you can always count on the conservative right to do is to immedaitely question the patriotism of anyone who thinks Bush is anything less than the messiah.
I have a DD214, and I think Bush has damaged us for decades to come.
What I would really like to see is the DD214 of all the "W" fans who drive their SUV's with the yellow 99 cent "support our troop" and have the balls to assume that you either have to drink every drop of the bush cool-aid or you are not a patriot and can't possibly be a veteran.
respectfully,
brent
Hello, Brent. I dont think Bush is the messiah. I think hes almost the devil. I am conservative and I dont think anyone questions my patriotism.

I think that blows your theory. However, I am not a Repub or a Democrat, either.

Thank you for serving our country, though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Citizen-Times Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 31 min Science 164,685
News Latest victims of $4 gas? NC gas station owners (Jun '08) 15 hr George 3
News Arrests: Man charged with meth trafficking (Oct '08) Nov 15 Cop 7
News Robert Dean Taylor found guilty in 1993 1st deg... (Jul '08) Nov 14 The answer 33
News Asheville man uplifts others after prison stint (Jan '14) Nov 4 Hon Jill W Rose 10
http://www.springcreeknc.com/--- Proof that a B... (Feb '08) Oct 23 Arlaine 21
News French Broad River water levels are advantageou... (Aug '08) Oct '17 jdr3366 13
More from around the web