Two Customs officers arrested at Kenn...

Two Customs officers arrested at Kennedy Airport

There are 130 comments on the AMNY story from May 29, 2008, titled Two Customs officers arrested at Kennedy Airport. In it, AMNY reports that:

Federal agents arrested two Customs and Border Protection officers from Long Island and others yesterday and charged them with being part of a Kennedy Airport bribery and drug ring.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AMNY.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
bbednarz

Bloomfield, NJ

#126 Jun 2, 2008
..So when can we hang them??
..I'm willing to take my chances with a jury afterward
abc

United States

#127 Jun 3, 2008
Mee1013 wrote:
"It is disturbing that DEA has to investigate and uncover corrupt CBP employees. Where is their own Internal Affairs Agents in this case?"
CBP internal affairs only has the power to investigate administrative misconduct. On the other hand, ICE internal affairs investigates CBP criminal misconduct. And yes, ICE was there. DEA stole the press on this case. But ICE was there. So why does another agency investigate CBP? Because the Homeland Security blunder.....i mean, merger split the old U.S. Customs that way.
Also, I wish people would stop calling these CBP officers (inspectors) "Agents". The Agents are the good guys who arrested them. Becoming a Special Agent at any agency is far more difficult and the work is far more complex than that of a CBP officer. The people hired are much better screened for both intelligence, skills and integrity. Few Special Agents are ever involved in corruption while the inspectors ARE, and quite frequently.
Give me a break!!!!!! I guess you are a special agent. If it isn't for the officers that catch the contraband or bad guys and call you, you wouldn't get half of the cases you have. You sound like a real snob who thinks you are all that! Get a grip!!!
Big Doggie

Laurel, MD

#128 Jun 25, 2008
Yeah well, I think that special agents are the stuff of legend. And me, being extremely intelligent, skilled and handsome, should be the role model all special agents should aspire to be.

“Jesus beat satan”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#129 Jul 6, 2008
jonny rocket wrote:
<quoted text>
that u suk!
****. Dog.
FREE MAN

United States

#130 Jul 8, 2008
Zena Princess wrote:
<quoted text>
****. Dog.
WASH YOU. CAT.
Just Saying

Laurel, MD

#131 Jul 8, 2008
Mee1013 wrote:
"It is disturbing that DEA has to investigate and uncover corrupt CBP employees. Where is their own Internal Affairs Agents in this case?"
CBP internal affairs only has the power to investigate administrative misconduct. On the other hand, ICE internal affairs investigates CBP criminal misconduct. And yes, ICE was there. DEA stole the press on this case. But ICE was there. So why does another agency investigate CBP? Because the Homeland Security blunder.....i mean, merger split the old U.S. Customs that way.
Also, I wish people would stop calling these CBP officers (inspectors) "Agents". The Agents are the good guys who arrested them. Becoming a Special Agent at any agency is far more difficult and the work is far more complex than that of a CBP officer. The people hired are much better screened for both intelligence, skills and integrity. Few Special Agents are ever involved in corruption while the inspectors ARE, and quite frequently.
Very true. Homeland Security is a joke, and the merger of Customs and INS into CBP and ICE is still a disaster 5 years later!
Just Saying

Laurel, MD

#132 Jul 8, 2008
abc wrote:
<quoted text> Give me a break!!!!!! I guess you are a special agent. If it isn't for the officers that catch the contraband or bad guys and call you, you wouldn't get half of the cases you have. You sound like a real snob who thinks you are all that! Get a grip!!!
I think this response was more about setting the record straight regarding who does what, and what the job titles are, than bragging about who is better. Newsday and the media in general always called Customs inspectors and now CBP officers "Customs agents", which is incorrect.

Reminds me of my brother, who is a paramedic. He always gets upset when the media refers to them as "ambulance drivers". If you're a journalist, you need to get your facts right, period!
Billy Bob

Elmhurst, NY

#133 Aug 25, 2008
Just to clear up the confusion, this case WAS investigated by ICE - OPR and ICE-OI. DEA Strike Force, being the political animal that it is, decided to steal all the glory and failed to mention this little fact in the Press Release.
Justifiably Bellicose

West Palm Beach, FL

#134 Aug 25, 2008
Frank Edder wrote:
Cicero once said "There is no fortress so strong, that money can not find a way in". Looks like he was right on the money (pun intended).
I'm also reminded of the age-old question, "Who will watch the watchers?"
ROCKY

Highland, NY

#135 Sep 6, 2008
As can be evidenced by the fact that CBP-IA, Miami were just issued body armor and SMGs, they are definitely slated to siphon off some of the ICE OPR and DHS OIG work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

AMNY Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr Brian_G 311,325
News Trendy puggles lose their appeal all too soon - (Oct '07) Jun 15 pugglelover 121
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Jun 13 Joel 72,030
News Hogar Crea, regional drug rehab group, ripping ... (Apr '08) May '16 A3B77C8 170
News Bill Maher vs. God: 'Real Time' host crucifies ... (Sep '08) May '16 Yeshua WasIS God-... 2,315
News 4 NYPD cops accused in assault on bar patron in... (Feb '08) May '16 JDL owns NYPD 51
News City Living: Woodhaven, Queens -- amNY.com (Sep '07) May '16 Kasparoza 110
More from around the web