Dann blow for under-fire Kean

Dann blow for under-fire Kean

There are 2 comments on the Burnley Citizen story from Dec 19, 2011, titled Dann blow for under-fire Kean. In it, Burnley Citizen reports that:

Blackburn boss Steve Kean is reeling from another body blow after confirming defender Scott Dann will be out for six weeks with a groin injury.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Burnley Citizen.

Iiii1111

Braintree, UK

#1 Dec 19, 2011
Blackburn owners Venky's must listen to the people and show manager Steve Kean the door.
Kicking my heels before a delayed Kenny Dalglish press conference at Ewood Park in 1994, I got talking to the groundsman. He asked which paper I was from.“The Telegraph,’’ I smiled. Shaking his head, he said:“Never seen you before.’’
“The Daily Telegraph,’’ I explained helpfully.“There’s only one Telegraph,’’ he harrumphed, and returned to his forking. The Lancashire Evening Telegraph rules in these parts.
That is why the paper’s decision to demand Steve Kean’s sacking as Blackburn Rovers manager is so significant.
Local papers value and nurture their relationship with the club at the heart of their community, almost considering them partnerships, and they rarely weigh in with such heavy criticism as Monday’s broadside.
It sensed their anger towards Kean and acted. Only a foolish board, and the Venky’s have yet to reveal they possess much wisdom, would ignore the call.
Rovers fans are rebels with a cause, a passionate one, a legitimate one, and Venky’s had better listen on Tuesday night.
Nonsense. The die is cast. The Lancashire Telegraph is right.
Even if the board still retains some faith in a lame-duck manager, the total breakdown in relations between dug-out and stands means that the manager is already dead man walking.
That relationship is fractured beyond repair, regardless of what happens tonight. It’s over.
It’s not personal. Rovers followers simply believe the inexperienced Kean is out of his depth.
It is to be hoped that the Premier League monitors closely the situation at both clubs.
Blackburn are simply a mess, a club lacking in leadership from the boardroom to the manager’s office.
The alarm bells should have rung in the Premier League’s Gloucester Place HQ the moment such respected administrators as John Williams and Tom Finn left Ewood. Clubs are crying out for executives of their calibre. So for Blackburn to dispense with their services indicated a club losing its mind and soul.
What is happening at Blackburn is an affront to the club’s traditions, to Walker’s memory.
If matters don’t improve, if Kean isn’t sacked, if the fans’ concerns aren’t heard, then the local paper will soon be calling for Venky’s to go.
Rovers fan in Blackburn

UK

#3 Dec 20, 2011
Couldn't agree more come on Venky's sort it out and give Kean the chop

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peter Odemwingie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cardiff City boss Malky Mackay delighted to lan... (Sep '13) Sep '13 peter 1
News Premier League's newest members will fight for ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Bill 1
News West Brom transfer rumour updates: Daily update... (Jul '12) Jul '12 mosses vandel 1
News West Brom transfer rumour updates: Daily update... (May '12) May '12 jaMes 1
More from around the web