The Ultimate Anti-Gay Marriage Ad

There are 15 comments on the Mar 4, 2013, www.huffingtonpost.com story titled The Ultimate Anti-Gay Marriage Ad. In it, www.huffingtonpost.com reports that:

We've heard it all before: Gay marriage will ruin the institution and sanctity of marriage, right?

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.huffingtonpost.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#21 Mar 5, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>....Don't you think that's rather insulting to yourself, and other straight people? If I were that weak and insecure, I wouldn't want to broadcast it.
Most of the straight married folks I know don't seem to be that silly. They just make their own mistakes for their own reasons.
Oddly enough, pretty much ALL the anti-marriage arguments include the assumption that straight people are all too foolish to make their own decisions and too irresponsible to take care of themselves.

The underlying assumption is that straight people will somehow "forget" that they're straight and start wanting to marry people of their own gender and stop having children if gay people are allowed to get married, too. SO bizarre.

But then, considering that in order to make such stupid arguments, the person making them must *also* be pretty stupid, it kinda does make some sense that they'd feel that way.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#22 Mar 5, 2013
AzAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
...Your sincerely held beliefs and emphatic declarations are not going to sway the law. Besides being unfounded, your statements don't even say what it is you believe will happen.
Try again
Uh,*Knowledge* is the *enemy* of the Fundie!! They're not *supposed* to give specifics. EVER!! If they do, then people might start thinking and realize that the Fundies *have* no arguments that make any sense. That's the whole point of being a Fundie--don't think. It's just easier that way.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#23 Mar 5, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...the muscles in the collective pelvic floor of all of the worlds lesbians can have alarming effects on plate tectonics!...and if they all go at once it`s a case of MAN THE LIFEBOATS!
Please don`t joke about such things the very fabric of our society and EARTH ITSELF depends upon...these people...not acting on their urges.
This reminds me of the aftermath of that horrible earthquake a few years back that leveled most of Christchurch, New Zealand. A fundie website was quoted as saying that the earthquake was caused by "Lesbians running around loose on the South Island."

My first thought was, "Wow!! The Lesbians in New Zealand must be GIANTS if their running around could cause such an earthquake!!"

But I'm sure that's not how they meant it....

Since: May 11

UK

#24 Mar 5, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
This reminds me of the aftermath of that horrible earthquake a few years back that leveled most of Christchurch, New Zealand. A fundie website was quoted as saying that the earthquake was caused by "Lesbians running around loose on the South Island."
My first thought was, "Wow!! The Lesbians in New Zealand must be GIANTS if their running around could cause such an earthquake!!"
But I'm sure that's not how they meant it....
LOL @ Lesbians running around loose, wild, feral lesbians practising escape and evasion all over South Island while straight white men dressed as puritans attempt to corral them back in their pens.

Monty Python anyone?

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#25 Mar 5, 2013
Just look at how many TeaParty people want to go back to the days of discrimination and bigotry, because doing away with them has ruined their lives.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#26 Mar 5, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Oddly enough, pretty much ALL the anti-marriage arguments include the assumption that straight people are all too foolish to make their own decisions and too irresponsible to take care of themselves.
The underlying assumption is that straight people will somehow "forget" that they're straight and start wanting to marry people of their own gender and stop having children if gay people are allowed to get married, too. SO bizarre.
But then, considering that in order to make such stupid arguments, the person making them must *also* be pretty stupid, it kinda does make some sense that they'd feel that way.
But with our "MASTER PLAN" we will work ceaselessly and tirelessly to fully homosexualize EVERY str8 person in the U.S.! Resistence is futile.

We will not stop until EVERY American has a Bette Midler poster on the wall of their bedroom, and a Barry Manilow cd blaring form teh speakers of their car.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#27 Mar 5, 2013
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
Heterosexuals have already destroyed the institution and sanctity of marriage. They, and you, are just trying to find a scapegoat, because you people are not mature enough to take the blame where it belongs.
Too true! Considering STRAIGHT people drop their marriage vows at least FIFTY percent of the time to dump their precious marriages that they so worry about being compromised, it is a bit hard to take, isn't it?

When THEY stop getting divorced at the drop of a hat, then we can talk. Until then, they may keep their big flapping mouths SHUT.

Palm Springs, California

#28 Mar 5, 2013
WDRussell wrote:
Just look at how many TeaParty people want to go back to the days of discrimination and bigotry, because doing away with them has ruined their lives.
As far as I can tell for the teabaggers, they want some rosy eyed Leave it To Beaver world, that never existed. From what I have heard, the 50's were a HORRIBLE time for anyone not white bread Anglo.
flier

Denver, CO

#29 Mar 5, 2013
Are you smoking crack? Your arguments are laughable!
What part of equal rights guaranteed under the constitution do you not understand.
Please, I see Esq....if you are an attorney, you of all people should understand how the provisions of the 14 Amendment apply, or...hmmmm, did you get your JD out of a box of Cracker Jacks????
JrEsq wrote:
At present, homosexual marriage takes place on a very limited scale, and is attractive only to a limited number of homosexuals who probably, as a subgroup, are in committed, monogamous relationships.
The structure of homosexual marriage is bound to change drastically however, if homosexual marriage becomes more widespread, especially if economic benefits are granted. On a large scale, the majority of homosexual marriages would not be committed, monogamous relationships.
This large number of "open" non-committed marriages could only have a negative effect on traditional marriage, and the nurturing environment that it provides for raising children.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#30 Mar 6, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
"We've heard it all before: Gay marriage will ruin the institution and sanctity of marriage, right?"
Why wouldn't it? After all, homosexuality has attempted to destroy anything that is good and just. For example, the Roman Catholic Church and the Boy Scouts of America.
The biggest thing that ruins the so called sanctity of marriage is..... DIVORCE!

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#32 Mar 6, 2013
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you queers get done with it.
Oh, because there is so much to destroy. Get over yourself, R1. Marriage will never be an option for you!

Palm Springs, California

#33 Mar 6, 2013
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you queers get done with it.
If you hets love marriage so much, why aren't you on here screaming at them for letting 50% of marriages fail, hypocrite?

And STOP lying with your fake names, liar.

UK

#34 Mar 6, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>If you hets love marriage so much, why aren't you on here screaming at them for letting 50% of marriages fail, hypocrite?
And STOP lying with your fake names, liar.
Nine out of ten divorced evangelical christians say that marriage is sacred....

Palm Springs, California

#36 Mar 6, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Nine out of ten divorced evangelical christians say that marriage is sacred....
Until something better comes along...

UK

#37 Mar 7, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Until something better comes along...
That wasn`t just rhetoric, Barna and Gallup polls confirm that with:

"survey after survey demonstrating that evangelical Christians are as likely to embrace lifestyles every bit as hedonistic, materialistic, self-centered, and sexually immoral as the world in general." Divorce is more common among "born-again" Christians than in the general American population. Only 6 percent of evangelicals tithe. White evangelicals are the most likely people to object to neighbors of another race. Josh McDowell has pointed out that the sexual promiscuity of evangelical youth is only a little less outrageous than that of their nonevangelical peers".

That`s from a christian source for all you `believers` out there in topix land.

The Scandal of the Evangelical Conscience
Why don't Christians live what they preach?
By Ronald J. Sider

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Soccer Players Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mauricio Pochettino, left, went head-to-head wi... Sat Fartin Peter 2
News Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti, pictured, ... Apr 23 tom wingo 2
News Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, pictured, once a... Apr 20 tom wingo 4
News Rodgers shocked by Balotelli abuse Apr 18 tom wingo 2
News Richard Kilty has challenged Arsenal pair Hecto... Apr 15 tom wingo 2
News Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers still thinks ... Apr 14 tom wingo 2
News Aston Villa's Christian Benteke, left, celebrat... Apr 8 tom wingo 2
More from around the web