The Ultimate Anti-Gay Marriage Ad

The Ultimate Anti-Gay Marriage Ad

There are 35 comments on the www.huffingtonpost.com story from Mar 4, 2013, titled The Ultimate Anti-Gay Marriage Ad. In it, www.huffingtonpost.com reports that:

We've heard it all before: Gay marriage will ruin the institution and sanctity of marriage, right?

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.huffingtonpost.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JrEsq

United States

#1 Mar 4, 2013
"We've heard it all before: Gay marriage will ruin the institution and sanctity of marriage, right?"
Why wouldn't it? After all, homosexuality has attempted to destroy anything that is good and just. For example, the Roman Catholic Church and the Boy Scouts of America.
JrEsq

United States

#2 Mar 4, 2013
At present, homosexual marriage takes place on a very limited scale, and is attractive only to a limited number of homosexuals who probably, as a subgroup, are in committed, monogamous relationships.
The structure of homosexual marriage is bound to change drastically however, if homosexual marriage becomes more widespread, especially if economic benefits are granted. On a large scale, the majority of homosexual marriages would not be committed, monogamous relationships.
This large number of "open" non-committed marriages could only have a negative effect on traditional marriage, and the nurturing environment that it provides for raising children.

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#3 Mar 5, 2013
if I have to vote on videos I'd pick

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#4 Mar 5, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
"We've heard it all before: Gay marriage will ruin the institution and sanctity of marriage, right?"
Why wouldn't it? After all, homosexuality has attempted to destroy anything that is good and just. For example, the Roman Catholic Church and the Boy Scouts of America.
I'd have to say that Martin Luther would certainly disagree with you there.
JrEsq

United States

#5 Mar 5, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd have to say that Martin Luther would certainly disagree with you there.
Was Martin Luther a Scout?

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#6 Mar 5, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
No. He was a former Roman Catholic who beame famous for a number of things including operating a brewery. After leaving church services each Sunday, he was famous for always shouting: "More Bier ! Katie, more Bier !:)"
JrEsq

United States

#7 Mar 5, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
No. He was a former Roman Catholic who beame famous for a number of things including operating a brewery. After leaving church services each Sunday, he was famous for always shouting: "More Bier ! Katie, more Bier !:)"
So then he was a Pisscopalian?

“Where's my fairy wand!”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#8 Mar 5, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
The Boy Scouts and the RCC didn't need our help - they destroyed themselves quite well.

We didn't hide the pedophiles from the police and move them from parish to parish allowing them to molest children over and over - while paying off vitims and their families - the RCC did that all by themselves.

We didn't fight for our bigoted and prejudicial ideals in the Supreme Court and then moan and whine when people and companies and sponsors with character and decency decided not to support us - the Boy Scouts did that all by themselves.

“Where's my fairy wand!”

Reading PA

#9 Mar 5, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
At present, homosexual marriage takes place on a very limited scale, and is attractive only to a limited number of homosexuals who probably, as a subgroup, are in committed, monogamous relationships.
The structure of homosexual marriage is bound to change drastically however, if homosexual marriage becomes more widespread, especially if economic benefits are granted. On a large scale, the majority of homosexual marriages would not be committed, monogamous relationships.
This large number of "open" non-committed marriages could only have a negative effect on traditional marriage, and the nurturing environment that it provides for raising children.
Please explain how the thousands of gay marriages that have already taken place in the United States already have had any impact whatsoever on any opposite sex marriage anywhere in the country?

The enemy of marriage is divorce - not more marriages.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#10 Mar 5, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
Actually, most gay married folks do not have "open marriages", any more than straight folks do. I'm sure it happens, but that's only the concern of the couples involved, and not yours. Straight people with such arrangements are allowed to marry, and remain married, and married folks who cheat are even allowed remain married and to remarry.

But, YOUR argument here seems to be that straight people are so weak willed and simple minded as to fashion their own marriages after what they believe gay folks might be doing.

Don't you think that's rather insulting to yourself, and other straight people? If I were that weak and insecure, I wouldn't want to broadcast it.

Most of the straight married folks I know don't seem to be that silly. They just make their own mistakes for their own reasons.

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#11 Mar 5, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
You should make a video. It would be just as humorous as the one in this article! You do realize that it's people like you that help others see just how far some people will go because of stupidity and hate. Thanks for posting on the gay forums!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#12 Mar 5, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, most gay married folks do not have "open marriages", any more than straight folks do. I'm sure it happens, but that's only the concern of the couples involved, and not yours. Straight people with such arrangements are allowed to marry, and remain married, and married folks who cheat are even allowed remain married and to remarry.
But, YOUR argument here seems to be that straight people are so weak willed and simple minded as to fashion their own marriages after what they believe gay folks might be doing.
Don't you think that's rather insulting to yourself, and other straight people? If I were that weak and insecure, I wouldn't want to broadcast it.
Most of the straight married folks I know don't seem to be that silly. They just make their own mistakes for their own reasons.
Most gay couples I know go through a similar evolution as a lot of straight couples: being young and playing the field, growing tired of the game playing, the thrill of the one night stands wears off, the sense of getting older, the awakening of the need to settle down and have a stable platform in which to personally grow and develop, so when they do meet that certain ONE in which they feel they can grow old with it pretty much becomes an exclusive enterprise. I'm sure there are exceptions-there always are-but as I've always maintained that as gay and lesbians are allowed to mainstream and their relationships allowed to develop along naturally lines that they tend to look a great deal like their straight counterparts, and that certainly is true among the couples I know including my partner and myself, tend to creat a universe all of our own, becoming old and boring in our ordinariness. So I agree with you Darling, and if there is any change in marital attudes amongst staights, some of it is economics, where unemployment and the fact that needed entitlements to survive are only offered to single wymyn and children taking away the incentive for marriage, maybe the legal burning a lot of ment take in divroce making them hesitant to commit to marriage second time, a whole host of reasons-but I would like anyone to actually prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that the fact of gays getting married has any bearing whatsoever on straights marrying or not.
AzAdam

Shipman, VA

#13 Mar 5, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
Instead of saying "bound to" and "negatively impact," a coherent argument should include the specific negative effects you expect and how, specifically, gay marriage will bring about these negative impacts.

Your sincerely held beliefs and emphatic declarations are not going to sway the law. Besides being unfounded, your statements don't even say what it is you believe will happen.

Try again

Since: May 11

Brighton, UK

#14 Mar 5, 2013
They legalised gay marriage in the UK...on the 6th of February 2013 and on the 7th of February my fridge broke and on the 15th of february Russia was struck by a meteorite almost sparking a nuclear catastrophe.

Don`t these people realise what they`re doing? Doesn`t anyone think of the children?

Location hidden

#15 Mar 5, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
They legalised gay marriage in the UK...on the 6th of February 2013 and on the 7th of February my fridge broke and on the 15th of february Russia was struck by a meteorite almost sparking a nuclear catastrophe.
Don`t these people realise what they`re doing? Doesn`t anyone think of the children?
I have a multiple orgasm; an 8.6 earthquake in Afghanistan-coincidence....?

Since: May 11

Brighton, UK

#16 Mar 5, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a multiple orgasm; an 8.6 earthquake in Afghanistan-coincidence....?
...the muscles in the collective pelvic floor of all of the worlds lesbians can have alarming effects on plate tectonics!...and if they all go at once it`s a case of MAN THE LIFEBOATS!

Please don`t joke about such things the very fabric of our society and EARTH ITSELF depends upon...these people...not acting on their urges.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#17 Mar 5, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
Good lord, you are STUPID. Why not pick up a book now and then? You know what a book is, one of those things with lots of words in it. I guess it would interfere with your TeeVee Honey Boo Boo and "Storage Wars" marathons.

Martin Luther was one of the more influential names in the protestant church.

I knew you were dumb, but I thought even YOU had limits of stupid.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#18 Mar 5, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
Obviously YOUR marriage is SO weak and so lacking in any true love or commitment that the thought of at most possibly %5 of the population doing something will drive you right into divorce court. Wow. I actually pity you, knowing now that you are in such a miserable relationship. As if it weren't bad enough, living in El Segundo, you are with a woman you can barely tolerate or she you.
Brian

Houston, TX

#19 Mar 5, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
Heterosexuals have already destroyed the institution and sanctity of marriage. They, and you, are just trying to find a scapegoat, because you people are not mature enough to take the blame where it belongs.

Location hidden

#20 Mar 5, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...the muscles in the collective pelvic floor of all of the worlds lesbians can have alarming effects on plate tectonics!...and if they all go at once it`s a case of MAN THE LIFEBOATS!
Please don`t joke about such things the very fabric of our society and EARTH ITSELF depends upon...these people...not acting on their urges.
Oh Hon, not to mention supernovas!!!! Could it be lesbians, in a galaxy far, far away...?!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Soccer Players Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gareth Bale vows to stay at Real Madrid despite... Aug 9 Vows phart 2
News Matic 'fits the bill' for Man Utd but 'strange'... Aug 2 Utd Phart 4
News Arson Suspected In Fire At Uptown Building Unde... Jul 23 TherePharts 2
News Football rumours from the media Jul '17 DotsPharts 2
News Tim Hardaway Jr. signs 4-year, $71M offer sheet... Jul '17 The Phartr 2
News Cristiano Ronaldo - outraged' and determined to... Jun '17 LeavePhartss 2
News Anti-Muslim protesters march against Islamic la... Jun '17 We phartzz 2
More from around the web