GOLD: Within bitter Japan-Korea rival...

GOLD: Within bitter Japan-Korea rivalry, a respect between riva...

There are 2 comments on the LA Daily News story from Mar 24, 2009, titled GOLD: Within bitter Japan-Korea rivalry, a respect between riva.... In it, LA Daily News reports that:

The Liancourt Rocks are located smack in the middle of the Sea of Japan, a pair of small islets surrounded by jagged formations, barely inhabitable but surprisingly beautiful.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

Dok-do

San Gabriel, CA

#1 Mar 24, 2009
The Liancourt Rocks name is Dok-do and It located in the sea of of korea !
mytwocents

Temecula, CA

#2 Mar 24, 2009
Hahaha. The rivalry between Japan and Korea never ends. It's no different than the rivalry between Vietnam and China over similar issues. Still, I am glad those rivalries can be played out in a sporting event rather than in violent ways. Those islands are going to be swallowed up by the sea eventually anyway. What will they fight over then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Korea World Cup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
North Korean Jong Tae-se joins Suwon Smasung Blues (Jan '13) Jan '13 RRM21 1
News Japan beats Korea in 10 innings to win WBC cham... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Chico17 6
News S. Korea's Ulsan demolishes Gamba (Aug '06) Aug '06 Expat 1
News Group G Final Games (Jun '06) Jun '06 Steve 1
More from around the web