Who wants Macy's in San Luis Obispo?

Who wants Macy's in San Luis Obispo?

Created by David on Jun 6, 2008

233 votes

Click on an option to vote

yes

no

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Not here

United States

#1 Jun 6, 2008
What exactly does Macy's provide shoppers that doesn't already exist?
Nothing.
David

Turlock, CA

#2 Jun 6, 2008
Good sales, in-fashion from the East Coast, and more clothing for colder seasons than Gottschalks.
Not Needed

United States

#3 Jun 8, 2008
If someone wants to go to Macy's, Santa Maria is a little over 30 minute drive. PLAIN and SIMPLE.

WE DON'T NEED A MACY'S HERE!

STOP YOUR CHILDISH BEGGING HERE IN SLO!!!

DAVID FROM PASO, YOU ARE A PEST!
David

Turlock, CA

#4 Jun 8, 2008
Not needed, you are "not needed". The majority of San Luis Obispo citizens are college students that want the cheap stores like Macy's, Target, Costco, and Lowe's. The 52% that voted down Dalidio's project will be saying yes, once Macy's is back in his project. The college students make SLO's economy so good. If you don't like all the young people in SLO and their pro-growth, then go to another city and whine there. You are "not needed" in SLO then. When I live in SLO while going to Cuesta College I'm going to register to vote and I'm going to be in favor of all development projects in the city.
Not here

United States

#5 Jun 8, 2008
David wrote:
Not needed, you are "not needed". The majority of San Luis Obispo citizens are college students that want the cheap stores like Macy's, Target, Costco, and Lowe's. The 52% that voted down Dalidio's project will be saying yes, once Macy's is back in his project. The college students make SLO's economy so good. If you don't like all the young people in SLO and their pro-growth, then go to another city and whine there. You are "not needed" in SLO then. When I live in SLO while going to Cuesta College I'm going to register to vote and I'm going to be in favor of all development projects in the city.
Your argument is wearing thin.

Instead of telling us to move, you should be the one to move to another city that has what you so desperately need. We LIKE our city the way it is.
the eye

United States

#6 Jun 8, 2008
David wrote:
Not needed, you are "not needed". The majority of San Luis Obispo citizens are college students that want the cheap stores like Macy's, Target, Costco, and Lowe's. The 52% that voted down Dalidio's project will be saying yes, once Macy's is back in his project. The college students make SLO's economy so good. If you don't like all the young people in SLO and their pro-growth, then go to another city and whine there. You are "not needed" in SLO then. When I live in SLO while going to Cuesta College I'm going to register to vote and I'm going to be in favor of all development projects in the city.
You just dont get it...Cal Poly students are NOT legal rsidents of the city. The city & county governments are here to serve the RESIDENTS of the city, NOT the students.

We the people voluntarily moved here to live in the existing conditions. If you don't like it, move to Santa Monica.
David

Turlock, CA

#7 Jun 8, 2008
I have no other choice but to go to the closest community college with the courses I need. And a resident is anyone who lives in the city. If they live in the dorms, then they are not residents, otherwise they are considered residents and citizens for however long they are going to be in the city. I'm sorry to break it to you, but only 6,200 students live in Cal Poly. The rest of the 25,000 students live in SLO or nearby cities.

If the city and governments aren't here to serve the city, then why is the downtown so heavingly designed for college students? Why are there so many businesses appealing to college students-book stores, coffee shops, bars? Why are there so many housing units designed for college students to live there?

San Luis Obispo and the state of California is sick of catoring to the elderly in San Luis Obispo. Sooner or later the new housing developments for families in the city will start being built, the Poly Canyon Village apartments will be built, and more people will be coming to the city.

Mitchell Park will have a part of it torn down to accomodate for more elderly people to get what they want. Thank goodness we have Mayor Romero for being in favor for retail growth and Alan Settle and Andrew Carter being in favor of new housing development.
the eye

United States

#8 Jun 9, 2008
David wrote:
I'm sorry to break it to you, but only 6,200 students live in Cal Poly. The rest of the 25,000 students live in SLO or nearby cities.
Sorry to break THIS to you, those students who have legal residency in their home state are not local SLO residents.

Sorry to break THIS to you as well, from the last census done you'll find that local SLO residents aged 20-24 make up 26% of the population. Those that are 25 and up make up more than 60%.

If Macy's means so much to the enjoyment of your life, might I suggest you try living in the following cities:

Costa Mesa
Newport Beach
Santa Ana
Westminster
Irvine
Laguna Hills
Mission Viejo
Santa Barbara
Ventura
Thousand Oaks
Simi Valley
Santa Maria
Santa Clarita
Canoga Park
Northridge
Bakersfield
Fresno
Modesto
Monterey
Salinas
San Jose
Santa Clara
Sacramento
Roseville
Richmond
San Francisco
San Rafael
San Mateo

...just a few of the communities that already offer what you want. And I know for a fact that most of them have quality community colleges.
David

Turlock, CA

#9 Jun 9, 2008
Do you have any source or reference for that information or did you just make it up? And 25 year old ppl can still be considered a college student. Who cares if college residents aren't local, they are still residents who live in the city and can vote. And like I said, I have no choice but to go to Cuesta College. A majority of the students from Templeton are going to Cuesta. That's what kids do, they go to a "community" college in their "community". And once I'm in SLO I'm going to be voting pro for all developments and I'll go to all city council meetings and I will encourage all there to be pro-growth.

Give it up the eye. You are stupid, you have no real evidence, and all you're doing is blowing steam. The facts are in the figures. 49% of the citizens wanted Dalidio's shopping center, and the other part would have voted for it cuz of Macy's. Just don't cry when you see Macy's go into San Luis Obispo. Everyone else is going to be enjoying it.
the eye

United States

#10 Jun 9, 2008
David wrote:
Do you have any source or reference for that information or did you just make it up?
Give it up the eye. You are stupid, you have no real evidence, and all you're doing is blowing steam.
I'm guessing you are smart enough to do your own research? I said it was from the last census...look it up Einstein.

All I'm doing is telling the truth...all you seem to do is stomp your feet like a spoiled brat who doesn't get what they want for their birthday.

Grow up.
Lou

Arroyo Grande, CA

#11 Jun 9, 2008
If the college students change their voter registration to SLO then their vote counts, otherwise they have no right to vote. A lot of the college students aren't even registered so.. If they want to have a Macy's they can change their address of record and fight to have it put in. I doubt anyone of them want it that bad..
SLO Resident

San Luis Obispo, CA

#12 Jun 10, 2008
David wrote:
I have no other choice but to go to the closest community college with the courses I need. And a resident is anyone who lives in the city. If they live in the dorms, then they are not residents, otherwise they are considered residents and citizens for however long they are going to be in the city. I'm sorry to break it to you, but only 6,200 students live in Cal Poly. The rest of the 25,000 students live in SLO or nearby cities.
If the city and governments aren't here to serve the city, then why is the downtown so heavingly designed for college students? Why are there so many businesses appealing to college students-book stores, coffee shops, bars? Why are there so many housing units designed for college students to live there?
San Luis Obispo and the state of California is sick of catoring to the elderly in San Luis Obispo. Sooner or later the new housing developments for families in the city will start being built, the Poly Canyon Village apartments will be built, and more people will be coming to the city.
Mitchell Park will have a part of it torn down to accomodate for more elderly people to get what they want. Thank goodness we have Mayor Romero for being in favor for retail growth and Alan Settle and Andrew Carter being in favor of new housing development.
You DO HAVE A CHOICE!

Get a job in a larger town with Macy's and LIVE THERE!

Really, grow-up! Its not so hard!
David

Turlock, CA

#13 Jun 10, 2008
You guys keep believing a bunch of false truths. The facts are in the figures. 49% of voters said yes to the project, and the other 51% would have if Macy's was in the project. And let's not forget the 65% that passed the county project. If it's not going to be a shopping center, it's going to be more housing. Take your pick-50,000 population sooner than later or the shopping center with Macy's.

And what a shame to what u did to the thread. You get your friends to come back you up and then start rating each other post up. Pathetic.
the eye

United States

#14 Jun 11, 2008
David wrote:
The facts are in the figures. 49% of voters said yes to the project, and the other 51% would have if Macy's was in the project.
Proof that they "would have"???

You make our point for us David. The majority said no.
the eye

United States

#15 Jun 11, 2008
David wrote:
If it's not going to be a shopping center, it's going to be more housing.
Fine. Again you make our point for us.

We NEED the housing, NOT the shopping.
the eye

United States

#16 Jun 11, 2008
David wrote:
And what a shame to what u did to the thread. You get your friends to come back you up and then start rating each other post up. Pathetic.
I can't stop others from posting what they believe here...who by the way, are not my "friends". But I have a feeling some of yours have been here, and that's fine by me. Everybody is entitled to their opinion on this thread.

Read your own post, and then tell me who is "pathetic".

Your last name must be Dalidio.
David

Turlock, CA

#17 Jun 11, 2008
The eye. The sad thing about all you old people is that one day when you're old and gasping for breath. I'll be that city planner making space for the shopping centers approved, and getting back what the old took away from the youth.

Look at what happened to Typhoon Family Fun Center. They lost their redemption center, the pool tables, and some good games. I'll make sure when I'm a city planner to bring that place back to the awesome place it used to be.

So you're fine with his project being housing? You don't mind San Luis Obispo getting to 50,000 population sooner rather than later? If it's housing, you realize it's possible for the city to reach 50,000 population before 2020 then.

And lastly, here is every shopping center that has been approved:

Paso Robles:
-Golden Hills Plaza w/ Lowe's (breaks ground in 2010)
-Costco (TBA)

Atascadero
-Mission Oaks at the Annex w/ Super Wal-Mart (EIR is being processed, breaks ground: TBA-2011?)
-Colony Square Centre w/ new theater (when the Super Wal-Mart goes in, there will be money to start this project)

San Luis Obispo
-Prefumo Creek Commons w/ Kohl's (breaks ground: 2010)
-adjacent shopping center (smaller than last Prefumo Creek Commons, breaks ground: TBA)
the eye

United States

#18 Jun 11, 2008
Too bad you'll be in the minority, again. You don't have to believe me. LOOK UP THE CENSUS NUMBERS.

Oh and your "50,000" number you keep throwing around is meaningless. We're there already...again, don't believe me, do your homework.

Do you actually read and comprehend what posters are saying here? Even YOUR own poll is almost 60/40 against your wishes. We have enough non-local, low-wage paying chain stores here. We ALL (except you) know what we do need is more affordable housing to suit the needs of the existing populace.

City planner huh? LOL! Buy some Lego and build your own in Templeton, we like ours the way it is.
David

Turlock, CA

#19 Jun 11, 2008
LOL, haha hah. Oh, that's rich now you are complaining the housing will allow housing for existing families. Wake up and go take a look around. The numbers of families in the area are all leaving to North County. There small homes are being replaced with more old people in San Luis Obispo.

Yeah, this poll here is dead. Since you brought your friends to vote in it, and not to mention the majority of people on these threads are anti-growth ppl. Plus, the polls allow ppl to repeat vote cuz of a glitch.

Sadly, you don't have the facts and figures to prove your point about there being little college students in San Luis Obispo. I have the figures to show you that the census estimates for 2008 show 44,700 population roughly. If you are refering to the fact there are "families" in apartments, in poverty, or living in ghettos that need homes to be counted in that census number then where r the facts?

http://www.dof.ca.gov/research/demographic/re...
the eye

United States

#20 Jun 11, 2008
David wrote:
LOL, haha hah. Oh, that's rich now you are complaining the housing will allow housing for existing families. Wake up and go take a look around. The numbers of families in the area are all leaving to North County. There small homes are being replaced with more old people in San Luis Obispo.
Yeah, this poll here is dead. Since you brought your friends to vote in it, and not to mention the majority of people on these threads are anti-growth ppl. Plus, the polls allow ppl to repeat vote cuz of a glitch.
Sadly, you don't have the facts and figures to prove your point about there being little college students in San Luis Obispo. I have the figures to show you that the census estimates for 2008 show 44,700 population roughly. If you are refering to the fact there are "families" in apartments, in poverty, or living in ghettos that need homes to be counted in that census number then where r the facts?
http://www.dof.ca.gov/research/demographic/re...
OMG have the brains of a fire hydrant. No wonder you're headed to community college. TAKE SOME ENGLISH CLASSES. Show me where I was "complaining" about housing?!

Learn what vocabulary and comprehension mean dummy.

Nice try in attempting to twist my words, but sadly it falls to the floor...like your argument.

Goodbye David. I can't debate someone who only brings a knife to a gun fight. And good luck, you're gonna need it. Let us know if you need a tutor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Luis Obispo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gangs Operating on Central Coast Wed truth 3
Judge Charles S. Crandall under Judicial review... Aug 24 Allen Dawson 2
Dective in training SLO PD Aaron Schafer commit... Aug 24 Allen Dawson 5
News Roandoak of God near Morro Bay: Group home unde... (Jun '09) Aug 22 heavensson 35
SUMMER JOHNSON Scandal arraignment today (Jan '15) Aug 8 curious1 8
public corruption slo (Nov '14) Aug 2 Anonymous 6
San Luis Obispo PD MUSLIM Task Force Jul 28 Wyatt Warp 3

San Luis Obispo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Luis Obispo Mortgages