Does anyone use a scribe anymore?

Posted in the Figure Skating Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
shoodogg

United States

#1 Feb 11, 2007
I have a scribe from my younger days and was going to sell it on ebay. But I don't know how much it is worth selling for. When I tried to find out what a new one costs, I couldn't find one for sale anywhere. Does anybody use these anymore? If so, how much are they worth?
Krizerz

Conwy, UK

#2 Feb 15, 2007
Sorry, whats a scribe? Please email me @ Kristen.Wood3@moray-edunet.gov .uk thanx!
lckingsaint

Shawnee, KS

#3 Feb 21, 2007
shoodogg wrote:
I have a scribe from my younger days and was going to sell it on ebay. But I don't know how much it is worth selling for. When I tried to find out what a new one costs, I couldn't find one for sale anywhere. Does anybody use these anymore? If so, how much are they worth?
There is currently a scribe on ebay for $10.00. That is the current bid. I would think that they would be worth more than that. There are some skaters that still use them but unaware of where you can even buy one??? Good luck!

Since: Mar 07

Long Beach, CA

#4 Mar 1, 2007
Hi. I'm new to the forum. I use a scribe daily for moves in the field but it's borrowed. Anyone know where I can purchase a scribe these days? Thanks!!
kmbutler3

AOL

#5 Apr 3, 2007
Shoodogg -

I would be very interested in purchasing your scribe for my oldest daughter. I have 2 girls that skate. The oldest is 14 yrs old. She is into the moves and dance and the tech/pattern side of skating. Veronica has been telling me for some time now that she would like to practice figures. I use to skate myself. Unfortunately, I do not have my scribe from my younger days. I have been meaning to buy one for myself for a long time but never got around to it. The Spinner I had a s child cost $60.00 new I remember the price. I am like that! I have tried to buy one on ebay recently. I was out bid on a Pro-Spinner that sold for $31.00. Let me know what you would like for your scribe and I will be happy to pay for it. If it is possible to show it to a pro in your area to be sure that It is in good order first I would appreciate that. My daughters birthday is next week and I know she would be excited to have a scribe and try a few figures this summer. Let me know.

Regards- Karen Butler
email Kmbutler3@aol.com
shoodogg wrote:
Lindsay

Nashville, TN

#6 Apr 6, 2007
I figure skated in the 80s and 90s and used a scribe. I've been carting it around with me all these years and it's in pristine condition. I would gladly sell it. Please email me at greenhillskitten@gmail.com for pictures.
Melissa

Silver Spring, MD

#7 May 2, 2007
I have a scribe, in perfect condition if anyone is interested in buying it. Name a price. I stopped skating and now its just sitting around, I have a nice bag it is kept in also - this was made specifically for the scribe, willing to sell that also. Please email me at melly_skater@msn.com if you are interested.
Melissa

Silver Spring, MD

#8 May 2, 2007
Hi Iceskate, I have a scribe that you can purchase. I am unsure the price of them, suggest a price and we can talk. It is in perfect condition. I stopped skating and now its just sitting around. It is currently stored in a special scribe bag that I will include if you wish to purchase. Please email me at melly_skater@msn.com, if it dosent work, message me back here.
jodie

AOL

#9 May 14, 2007
Hi,
I just came back from the Skater's Edge (skating store in Mayfield Hts, Ohio). I went to get my skates, blades and scribe appraised so that I could put them on Ebay. I have already listed the skates so if anyone is interested in size 7 1/2 AA SpTeri 50 boot with a Pattern 99 blade that has only had one maybe two sharpenings let me know and I can send you the rest of the information. I also have a scribe for sale. they told me that these are most definitely COLLECTOR'S ITEMS and when people are able to find them they go for the minimum of $100 -$150. my email is lovejodie@aol.com. Please feel free to email me if you are interested!!
charles

Silver City, NM

#10 Jul 3, 2007
I am a figure skating coach in New Mexico. I know I feel so old when we talk about school figures and students say what's that? When I took students to Europeans a few years ago they had one in a case with old skates from the 1800's and my Sr Lady asks what's that thing?

I am currently looking for one. Some of my students have no control what so ever. MIF is NOT doing it. I have been trying to find a scribe that no one wants anymore but haven't found anyone yet. 2 of my kids need the control figures teach them.

Charles
charles@cwcrawford.com
shoodogg wrote:
CHAN

Calgary, Canada

#11 Jul 21, 2007
Melissa wrote:
I have a scribe, in perfect condition if anyone is interested in buying it. Name a price. I stopped skating and now its just sitting around, I have a nice bag it is kept in also - this was made specifically for the scribe, willing to sell that also. Please email me at melly_skater@msn.com if you are interested.
DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR SCRIBE? I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN PURCHASING IT. PLEASE LET ME KNOW
Manny

Austin, TX

#12 Aug 15, 2007
I have a figure skating scribe for sale that my daughter used during her ice skating days. It is a Pro-scribe,made in Israel, and comes in its carrying case which is red and blue and says "Pro-scribe" on it. It is in beautiful condition. If interesed, email Manny at:mannydiogo@yahoo.com for more information.Thanks, Manny
Mark

Silverdale, WA

#13 Sep 12, 2007
I have my old scribe from when I skated. Although I hated doing figures, I was sad to see them dropped from the requirements.

Anyhow, I'd be happy to part with my scribe if someone can use it.

email: mhe4 (at) cwru.edu
penny

United States

#14 Oct 11, 2007
I have a skate scribe that was used maybe twice. It belonged to my daughter when she was skating It is in great condition. I am willing to sell it.
email: pjwilliams315@hotmail.com
SarahS

Grande Prairie, Canada

#15 Oct 26, 2007
penny wrote:
I have a skate scribe that was used maybe twice. It belonged to my daughter when she was skating It is in great condition. I am willing to sell it.
email: pjwilliams315@hotmail.com
Hi what kind of scribe is it?? and how much do you want for it??
Joanne

United States

#16 Oct 31, 2007
I am also looking for a scribe. I have been unsuccessful so far on ebay and a few skating shops. Do they come in different sizes? I am an adult skater, so I'd need one that would extend enough for my height.

Please post if there are people out there who have a scribe for sale. Thanks!!
Carley

Lake Forest, IL

#17 Dec 21, 2007
I am looking for a scribe... Please post a note to me if you have one.
Thanks
Jenny

United States

#18 Dec 27, 2007
I would like to purchase a scribe. I can't find one on ebay. Please post if you have one you'd like to get rid of!
Robin - AZ

United States

#19 Jan 10, 2008
Does anyone have a used scribe they are willing to sell? My skating coach is looking for one for us adults to use? Jan. 10, 2008
Please email me at rm-hiller@cox.net

Thanks
Leslie Boulder CO

Denver, CO

#20 Jan 13, 2008
I am also looking for a scribe as I am doing figures again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Figure Skating Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan museum? Apr '15 tom wingo 17
News Was Alberta trip necessary now (Jun '10) Apr '15 tom wingo 7
News On thin ice (Nov '09) Feb '15 Town gets ice cash 5
News US figure skating darling makes racist tweet, a... (Nov '13) Feb '15 Fran 23
News LVPA students are 'well-educated' (Feb '09) Dec '14 LVPA Alum 59
News Park So-youn Makes Strong Debut on ISU Senior C... (Oct '14) Oct '14 YOUNG12241225 2
News Figure skating medal sweep no fluke,... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Yuzu s fan 1
More from around the web