Frenchman Joubert wins at skating wor...

Frenchman Joubert wins at skating worlds, American Lysacek fifth

There are 30 comments on the Boston Herald story from Mar 22, 2007, titled Frenchman Joubert wins at skating worlds, American Lysacek fifth. In it, Boston Herald reports that:

"It's been a great season," Joubert said Thursday after watching hometown favorite Daisuke Takahashi bring the house down with the best free skate of the night but fall short of the lead.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“All MEN ARE VINCIBLE!!!!!!!! !!”

Since: Jan 07

SomeWhere in Georgia

#21 Mar 28, 2007
That is what she like to read. She is like the Russian on their own self-praising of themselves. Believe, me, she knows it!!!! You do not have to tell her, one can pick up on it in many of her article blogs, she writes. Many can impress with lies mixed with truths. You and others are free to believe myths about mere men, as much as you choose.
Carmen wrote:
To Stefanya
I was not bored reading your reply, you seem to be quite versed on Russian skating. Much more than myself. I enjoyed the learning experience, and reading your opinion.

“Hope for Best- Expect Worst”

Somewhere in Colorado

#22 Mar 28, 2007
Carmen wrote:
To Stefanya
I was not bored reading your reply, you seem to be quite versed on Russian skating. Much more than myself. I enjoyed the learning experience, and reading your opinion.
Thank you.

Somewhere in Colorado

#23 Mar 28, 2007
to Carmen:

I too enjoy the skating of Sasha Cohan and Johnny Weir, but nobody can be on top all of the time now that the level of figure skating has been raised thanks to the labor of those Russian coaches over the past 16 years.

Sasha Cohan's Russian gypsy program "DARK EYES" for her short, is one of the very best in figure skating. Johnny Weir is so artistic and fluid and I prefer to watch him over more athletic skater, although today you have to be athletic and make those jumps just to stay alive in the competitions.

There are many great singles skaters in American history, from Peggy Fleming, and Dorothy Hamill, both of whom were inspired by Russian Ballet. Jill Trenary and Karen Kadavy, taught by an Italian coach, were wonderful. The "Memories" program from CATS that Karen Kadavy skated as an exhibition program is so memorable I can still see it in my minds eye. It was a beautiful program skated beautifully to beautiful music. And Kristi Yamguchi and Michelle Kwan, Tara Lipinski, and Sara Hughes all did their share to thrill their audiences.

In the Mens there was Scott Hamilton and Brian Boitano.

But I really liked the Russian men's skaters, starting with Alexi Urmanski, Victor Peterenko, Alexi Yagudin and Evgeni Plushenko.

In the Russian pairs and the ice dance there are too many winning pairs couples and ice dancers to count winning year after year. But they were great in their artistry. And who can forget Ekaterina Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov. Or ice dancers Bestemiamova and Bukin, who won many perfect 6.0's in their careers along with the British ice dancers Torville and Dean.

There have been so many memorable skaters in the past.

There is much to be loved in figure skating, and some day, the Russians will develop their team again, starting from scratch, with new coaches to replace the old. Then it will be a more
interesting competitition IN MY OPINION.

Somewhere in Colorado

#24 Mar 28, 2007
to Carmen,

I realize I left out Ilya Kulik, in that impressive lineup of five olympic champions in a Row from Russia. It was quite a dynasty. Ilya Kulik now is married to Ekaterina Gordeeva and skates singles and sometimes pairs with Ekaterina, professionally. There are other skaters I like as well.

SomeWhere in Georgia

#25 Mar 29, 2007
To Carmen:

Does a Russian secret of figue skating exist? The answer is an outright no! in the meantime, Sonja Henie of Norway, and Ulrich Salchow, of Sweden, long time winning record have never been broken by any nation's skaters, even, the precocious Russians skaters have yet to break their by one person.

Michelle Kwan is the figure skater icon to have come close to both records but not consecutively. Evelyn Kramer is known as the "spin doctor" and has helped many skaters improve their spins. Most of the development of figure skating was created by a former ski jumper named, Gus Lussi,(a Norweigian) who applied skiing techniques to figure skating. He coached the lady called "the spin doctor".

Charlotte Oelschlagel (AKA Charlotte Hayward), was a German skater, who invented the death spiral. Ludmila Belousova and Oleg Protopopov's (Russians) death spiral was a variant ( it was not their orginial move). One cannot trust every bloggers' statements! In looking back at history of figure skating the Russian skaters and coaches do not look all that great! It is very concieting for some to state it, as such.

Figure skating today, as "we" know it, as been revolutionized not by one nationality, but by many nationalities all over the world. The Russians are just like everyone else are copying figure skating elements that were invented by others nationalities. Check it out for yourselves. With the knowledge, one nation does not look so great, even Russia or the dead USSR.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Figure_skating...

SomeWhere in Georgia

#26 Mar 29, 2007

SomeWhere in Georgia

#27 Mar 29, 2007
To Carmen: Does a Russian secret of figue skating exist? The answer is an outright no! in the meantime, Sonja Henie of Norway, and Ulrich Salchow, of Sweden, long time winning record have never been broken by any nation's skaters, even, the precocious Russians skaters have yet to break their by one person.

Michelle Kwan is the figure skater icon to have come close to both records but not consecutively. Evelyn Kramer is known as the "spin doctor" and has helped many skaters improve their spins. Most of the development of figure skating was created by a former ski jumper named, Gus Lussi,(a Norweigian) who applied skiing techniques to figure skating. He coached the lady called "the spin doctor".

Charlotte Oelschlagel (AKA Charlotte Hayward), was a German skater, who invented the death spiral. Ludmila Belousova and Oleg Protopopov's (Russians) death spiral was a variant ( it was not their orginial move). One cannot trust every bloggers' statements! In looking back at history of figure skating the Russian skaters and coaches do not look all that great! It is very concieting for some to state it, as such.

Figure skating today, as "we" know it, as been revolutionized not by one nationality, but by many nationalities all over the world. The Russians are just like everyone else are copying figure skating elements that were invented by others nationalities. Check it out for yourselves. With the knowledge, one nation does not look so great, even Russia or the dead USSR.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Figure_skating...

SomeWhere in Georgia

#28 Mar 29, 2007
Here is the correct weblinked http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category :Figure_skating_elements

SomeWhere in Georgia

#29 Mar 29, 2007
joubertisaarroga nt

New York, NY

#30 Apr 12, 2008
Joubert is boring. Yawn. Evan is way way better. Evan is the true masculine type skater with the quad to boot while Joubert is just a stiff bore with a quad-whatever! If Johnny get his quad out in every competition, Joubert and Evan won't ever see gold again. nuff said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnny Weir Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski Ready to 'Bring It' ... Nov '17 Thess pharts 2
News Johnny Weir's husband reports the skater to pol... (May '14) May '14 sophiejc1 2
News Tara Lipinski, Johnny Weir join Derby hat craze... (May '14) May '14 Stella 12
News PHOTOS: Johnny Weir, fashion iconPHOTOS: Johnny... (May '14) May '14 Angelina 1
News Johnny Weir on Being a White, Gay, Male (Jan '11) Mar '13 amw 3
News Is Johnny Weir Too Gay for 'Stars on Ice'? [Dis... (Mar '10) Jan '13 SLIF 2
Johnny Weir - nude ! (Aug '11) Aug '11 Lorraine 1
More from around the web