American men ready to take on world

American men ready to take on world

There are 35 comments on the The Clarion-Ledger story from Jan 29, 2007, titled American men ready to take on world. In it, The Clarion-Ledger reports that:

Well, well, well. Look who'll be bringing some new tricks to the world championships.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Clarion-Ledger.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Hope for Best- Expect Worst”

Since: Jan 07

Somewhere in Colorado

#22 Mar 9, 2007
Sk8r Girl _ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right!
I have shutt the door to the outhouse. I can no longer smell the sewage!!!
I agree fully. Isn't it interesting that some stalkers cannot understand plain simple English and stop stalking, don't have the decency to blog with those who want to blog with them and can't stop throwing garbage at people who are not interested in the least......amd continues to impose their unwanted opinions like a VERBAL RAPIST.

Somewhere in Colorado

#23 Mar 9, 2007
Sk8r Girl,

Were you trying to make a point about the subject of this blog. I have forgotten what it is in this sea of stalker garbage being slung right and left.

Somewhere in Colorado

#24 Mar 9, 2007
Sk8r Girl _ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right!
I have shutt the door to the outhouse. I can no longer smell the sewage!!!
I know what you mean. Your comment is mild when I think back and I don't want to, of the horrible things this stalker called me and said about me.
I think it is nobody's business who or what we are and I think it is not right for anyone to be calling anyone names.

I think that Johnny Weir is very talented and I wish him the best at worlds, and I hope he keeps going. Except as a skater, nothing else about him is anyone's business. Incidentally, what do you think about the price of tea in China?

“... Addicted To Figure Sk8ng ”

Since: Mar 07

Long Island NY

#25 Mar 9, 2007
Stefanya wrote:
Sk8r Girl,
Were you trying to make a point about the subject of this blog. I have forgotten what it is in this sea of stalker garbage being slung right and left.
Don't even acknowledge it.

Put it on ignore!

When a dog barks, if you give heed to "it", it will continue on with his baRking; however if you give it no attention, eventually it will wag its tail amd whimper away.

Somewhere in Colorado

#26 Mar 9, 2007
Sk8r Girl _ wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't even acknowledge it.
Put it on ignore!
When a dog barks, if you give heed to "it", it will continue on with his baRking; however if you give it no attention, eventually it will wag its tail amd whimper away.
From your mouth to God's ears.

Somewhere in Colorado

#27 Mar 9, 2007
Sk8r Girl,

Incidentally what do you think of the American Men's changes in taking on the world?

Somewhere in Colorado

#28 Mar 9, 2007
To Sk8r Girl,

How embarassing, I meant "CHANCES" of course in the blog above.

What do you think of the American men's chances as in their being ready to take on the world?

“All MEN ARE VINCIBLE!!!!!!!! !!”

SomeWhere in Georgia

#29 Mar 9, 2007
I am glad to see it happen. I think, Lysacek has a better attitude than, Weir. I glad it happen to someone that do not kisses-up and idolize the Russians, when one does not need too. Yes, Johnny "gigi boy" Weir need to do a Quad to won. He is nothing like Timothy Goebel. Also, it is well with Brian Jourbet. As the article states, the first to man to do a Quad was a Canadian, Kurt Browning. I glad a Russian do not set all of the precedent or "we" have that push in "our" faces. I hope, frankly, Johnny Weir never completes a Quad successfully, and continues to wear a USSR jacket. That showing him Lysacek, one do not have to need a Russian coach to win. One just concencrate on doing the performance of one's lifetime. It was perfect, you can watch it this Sunday on ABC network. Check local listings for the times will be broadcasted in your area. YouTube. com already have a video.

If Jonny "gigi boy" Weir did not idolized Russians, some skater fan will not like him, and you better BELIEVE!

Sk 8 r (Sk eight er) really does make any sense! Some moniker are poorly thought of in the creation!

Long Island NY

#30 Mar 9, 2007
Stefanya wrote:
To Sk8r Girl,
How embarassing, I meant "CHANCES" of course in the blog above.
What do you think of the American men's chances as in their being ready to take on the world?
During the National championships I am usually relax as opposed to "World, Winter Games, or Four Continents" I get vety tense because the competition brcomes gr8r. I know the men team have been working hard I have faith in them. I am hoping for a sweep.

SomeWhere in Georgia

#31 Mar 9, 2007
I am hope for someone finally showing Plushenko that he is not all that? It is interesting that he did not take a break by choice, but by an inevitably choice. It hope it continues, with the divorce and all! He can lose the GOLD.

All the trainning in the WORLD, will not take away the potential of losing the GOLD, even with a Russian coach. We still may not see Sk8r girl on the podium.

I will watch for some newcomer to move up in the ranks! I doubt a Russian coach will help you, though! You seem to be already defeated in your mind!

Somewhere in Colorado

#32 Mar 9, 2007
Sk8r Girl _ wrote:
<quoted text>
During the National championships I am usually relax as opposed to "World, Winter Games, or Four Continents" I get vety tense because the competition brcomes gr8r. I know the men team have been working hard I have faith in them. I am hoping for a sweep.
It seems in years past, American men had really good chances of winning quite often. Over the past five Olympics and in many world championships Russian men have won. With the situation today, it is probably a good time to hope for American men, but I think that Stephan Lambiel and Brian Joubert will try to spoil the party. But anything can happen. Who knows for sure who will win.

Somewhere in Colorado

#33 Mar 9, 2007
Sk8r Girl _ wrote:
<quoted text>
When a certain moniker follows then you can bet that there will be mininformation about you or me that will not be challenged because a certain party insists on following behind and spewing. Can you see that this party like a vulture cannot exist without feeding off others.

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with hoping for the best for the American men or whoever I will be cheering for at these worlds. I also wish you luck in your skating, win or lose.

SomeWhere in Georgia

#34 Mar 9, 2007
To Poseidon

I frankly hope that the American men beat Plushenko's comeback!!!

Long Island NY

#35 Mar 9, 2007
Stefanya wrote:
<quoted text>
When a certain moniker follows then you can bet that there will be mininformation about you or me that will not be challenged because a certain party insists on following behind and spewing. Can you see that this party like a vulture cannot exist without feeding off others.
Anyway, there is nothing wrong with hoping for the best for the American men or whoever I will be cheering for at these worlds. I also wish you luck in your skating, win or lose.
YOU ARE A TRUE WINNER!!!

SomeWhere in Georgia

#36 Mar 14, 2007
Anyone for the subject line?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnny Weir Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Johnny Weir's husband reports the skater to pol... (May '14) May '14 sophiejc1 2
News Tara Lipinski, Johnny Weir join Derby hat craze... (May '14) May '14 Stella 12
News PHOTOS: Johnny Weir, fashion iconPHOTOS: Johnny... (May '14) May '14 Angelina 1
News Johnny Weir on Being a White, Gay, Male (Jan '11) Mar '13 amw 3
News Is Johnny Weir Too Gay for 'Stars on Ice'? [Dis... (Mar '10) Jan '13 SLIF 2
Johnny Weir - nude ! (Aug '11) Aug '11 Lorraine 1
News Johnny Weir's 'Ice Dreams' To Benefit Japan Ear... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Sachi 1
More from around the web