Skopje opposes 'geographical' name dispute solution

May 20, 2009 Full story: www.sofiaecho.com 33

Macedonian president Gjorge Ivanov says that Skopje is ready for a "reasonable compromise" in the dispute with Athens over the use of the name Macedonia, but media reports suggest that attaching a geographical prefix to Macedonia’s name will not be accepted.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BalkanMaestro

Fairport, NY

#22 May 21, 2009
Stop, drop, and read. For all those who feel as they are 100 percent "Macedonian" not related to Serbs, Bulgars, or Greeks:(Written BY a former "Macedonist" that believed in the dogma): http://shorttext.com/rymmd5m3
more truths

United States

#24 May 21, 2009
The name is already decided.....

Nova Makedonche

Welcome to the civilized world....

“ein anderer Schauplatz”

Since: Jan 09

Athens

#25 May 21, 2009
PRIAPOS wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are GREAT man!
ena koritsaki einai.
CANADEZOS

Scarborough, Canada

#26 May 21, 2009
United Macedonians wrote:
<quoted text>
Greeks, in an last ditch attempt to grasp at straws of hope, are now are calling 'United Macedonias','United GREEKS'.
Too Much. Too Much.
When will you learn! You live in a make believe world, and everyone is laughing at you.
From Watchmen, "...my inspiration comes from a man born 300 years before Jesus. His name was Alexander the Macedonian, though you may know him as Alexander the Great."
The only thing united about Greeks during Alexander's time, was their opposition to his army. United they stood with the Persians, AGAINST the MACEDONIANS.
YUGOSLAVIAN ILLITERATE RIDICULE=>LOOK WHAT ARIAN WROTE ABOUT YOUR TITOIST FABRICATED COMMUNIST LIES&SLAVOSKOPIAN MALAKIES!==>>

Originally Posted by Alexander the Great talking to the troops before the battle
there are Greek troops, to be sure, in Persian service – but how different is their cause from ours ! They will be fighting for pay— and not much of it at that; WE on the contrary shall fight for GREECE, and our hearts will be in it. As for our FOREIGN troops —Thracians, Paeonians, Illyrians, Agrianes — they are the best and stoutest soldiers of Europe, and they will find as their opponents the slackest and softest of the tribes of Asia.

Arrian "The Campaigns of Alexander" . Book 2-7 Penguin Classics. Page 112. Translation by Aubrey De Seliucourt

AS IF ARIAN KNEW 3000 YRS AGO!THAT YUGOSLAVIAS BULGARS WOULD TRY TO STEAL THE HISTORY OF THE ANCIENT MACEDONIANS! SLAVIC MORON!
CANADEZOS

Scarborough, Canada

#27 May 21, 2009
United Macedonians wrote:
<quoted text>
Greeks, in an last ditch attempt to grasp at straws of hope, are now are calling 'United Macedonias','United GREEKS'.
Too Much. Too Much.
When will you learn! You live in a make believe world, and everyone is laughing at you.
From Watchmen, "...my inspiration comes from a man born 300 years before Jesus. His name was Alexander the Macedonian, though you may know him as Alexander the Great."
The only thing united about Greeks during Alexander's time, was their opposition to his army. United they stood with the Persians, AGAINST the MACEDONIANS.
YUGOSLAVIAN COMMUNIST RIDICULE WAS DANIEL ALSO A PROPAGANDIST!=>WHO CLEARLY STATES "ALEXANDER KING OF THR GREEKS" SLAVIC MORONS!

mze

Since: May 09

Limassol, Cyprus

#28 May 23, 2009
United Macedonians wrote:
<quoted text>
Greeks, in an last ditch attempt to grasp at straws of hope, are now are calling 'United Macedonias','United GREEKS'.
Can we get with the program folks. The Macedonians of the past did not spread Slavism because the Slavs did not reside in that area prior to the 6th century AD



America's European and Eurasian Affairs Matthew Bryza tells you in english at 1:10 in the video about Philip and Hellenism. He is telling you that America knows the real history of the region. Isnt it time you did as well?
Darko

Skopje, Macedonia

#29 May 24, 2009
Skopidia wrote:
<quoted text>
Athens and Thebes did not represent all Greeks you TOUVLO!!
The Persians referred to him and his army as Yunan - which mean GREEKS!
From this post we can finally deal about the name:

We will change our name Macedonia to Beautyful Macedonia and the people will be beautyful Macedonians and you can call yourself Yunanistan and the people will be Yunanistanians.
Makedonikos Agon

Miami, FL

#30 May 24, 2009
Darko wrote:
<quoted text>
From this post we can finally deal about the name:
We will change our name Macedonia to Beautyful Macedonia and the people will be beautyful Macedonians and you can call yourself Yunanistan and the people will be Yunanistanians.
agreed on the 1st part. For the second they will probably prefer True MAcedonia(ns)!:))
Skopidia

Katoomba, Australia

#31 May 24, 2009
Darko wrote:
<quoted text>
From this post we can finally deal about the name:
We will change our name Macedonia to Beautyful Macedonia and the people will be beautyful Macedonians and you can call yourself Yunanistan and the people will be Yunanistanians.
This is how were referred in Persian/Arabic, and still are, as we are referred too as Grece, Greco, Greece in Italian, Latin, English, as we all ourselves Ellines - ELLAS/HELLAS in Greek/Ellinika.

The thing is you are referencing yourself to a Greek name, but you want us Greeks to change our name to suit your needs - Darko, when Hell freezes this will happen.
United Macedonians

Scarborough, Canada

#32 May 26, 2009
Ilias wrote:
Alexander the Great can not be the ancestor of both, Greeks and Slavs.
Somebody is lying to their people.
Yugoslavians consistantly lie to their children, they have cheated their people out of their true history and heritage, their Slavic history and heritage.
Alexander the Great was no Slav, the ancient Macedonians were not Slavic, these are lies.
Over 200 fully accredited with recognized qualification,International scholars now support the Greek postion in the name dispute issue.
Who's been lying and cheating then!
I don't give a Darn if the Macedonians Spoke Chinese back then. The point is, the Ancient Macedonians did not evaporate. The are still proud of their nationality (and have been for the last 100 years that Greece tried to ethnicide them), and the Greeks who only want to re-dress Alexander's Macedonians, to be called GREEKS are fooling only themselves. I speak to you in English today, but I am still Macedonian, and most of you commenting on this forum, are .... G R E E K !. Get that through your Teekvee.
possIdon 6943

Lowell, MA

#33 May 26, 2009
United Macedonians wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't give a Darn if the Macedonians Spoke Chinese back then. The point is, the Ancient Macedonians did not evaporate. The are still proud of their nationality (and have been for the last 100 years that Greece tried to ethnicide them), and the Greeks who only want to re-dress Alexander's Macedonians, to be called GREEKS are fooling only themselves. I speak to you in English today, but I am still Macedonian, and most of you commenting on this forum, are .... G R E E K !. Get that through your Teekvee.
>>>what smart guy you are! you tell us you come from VANCOUVER, but you are not CANADIAN? IF YOU WANT TO BE CALL MACEDONIA YOU MUST BE HELLENIC ! you clown! which never will happen ! with pigs head ? no way ,go back to your home at bardaskan ass to take care your goats, after all how long have you being in canada? since titos cage,s open 1993, no? you are mounkey donkey ass! gypsies !... POSSIDON!!!
United Macedonians

Scarborough, Canada

#34 May 28, 2009
possIdon 6943 wrote:
<quoted text>>>>what smart guy you are! you tell us you come from VANCOUVER, but you are not CANADIAN? IF YOU WANT TO BE CALL MACEDONIA YOU MUST BE HELLENIC ! you clown! which never will happen ! with pigs head ? no way ,go back to your home at bardaskan ass to take care your goats, after all how long have you being in canada? since titos cage,s open 1993, no? you are mounkey donkey ass! gypsies !... POSSIDON!!!
Listen here you Greek,... If you want to be Macedonian, you must be MACEDONIAN!

(I know that is a hard concept for an Ethiopion emigre to grasp)

Bre Teekva
Mr Veto

Melbourne, Australia

#35 May 17, 2011
Skopje have missed their chance to secure a identity with the Macedonian region. To finally be recognise by the United Nations under a official name & not a Provissional name which will secure their Macedonian identity

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ljubljana, Slovenia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rouhani: Iran-Slovenia ties bring Middle East, ... (May '14) May '14 Qasim Assi 1
News Slovenia PM Resigns, Seeks New Elections (May '14) May '14 Tim 1
small insurance (Apr '14) Apr '14 helltha m 1
art parassite n g n (Apr '14) Apr '14 jonh 1
soccer chip . . gorizia gradisca milan (Apr '14) Apr '14 jonh 1
News Thousands rally for, and against, Slovenia's gov't (Feb '13) Mar '14 Watchingtheweasels 4
f v g n g m b k p c e l j .. new york garbage (Feb '14) Feb '14 jonh 1
More from around the web