Bay Area American Indian does Alaska ...

Bay Area American Indian does Alaska diabetes swim

Posted in the San Francisco Forum

Since: Jan 08

San Francisco, CA

#1 Aug 11, 2013
I think the photo caption was partly deleted. Below is the original caption before it was shorted to accompany the photo:

Zolina Zizi, a Richmond, CA resident,  swimming a relay leg of the August 4th Pennock Island Challenge (8.2 miles in mid 50s to low 60s temperature), held in Ketchikan, Alaska.  Zizi, an American Indian (Cheyenne/Arikara Creek), was on the Ketchikan Indian Community relay team that placed third in the fundraiser for the American Diabetes Association. Zizi was the only team member with open water swimming experience. She represented PATHSTAR ( www.pathstar.org ) a San Francisco-based nonprofit, that works with American Indian/Alaska Native communities to inspire healthy nutrition and active lifestyle practices. The annual 2013 PATHSTAR Alcatraz Swim Week will be held October 6 to 14th.
Photo Credit: Ruth Pechay/Ketchikan Indian Community Health Clinic, Alaska  

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Francisco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Same Sex Marriage: It's Officially Legal 3 hr ihveit 813
$15 an Hour 6 hr dirtclod 111
News Sanctuary cities must be ended 19 hr Cat74 7
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 23 hr Belle Sexton 60,802
News San Jose mayor urges county to revise policy on... Wed Jim 4
News Puberty Is Coming Earlier, But That Doesn't Mea... (Oct '13) Jul 28 Shane 2
News Obama to veto legislation limiting cities' ille... Jul 27 xxxrayted 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Francisco Mortgages