Prescription for good health: Walk in a park

Full story: Marin Independent Journal

Forget the Prozac and prescribe the parks. That's one of the concepts that emerged last week at the second annual Turning the Tide conference at The Institute at the Golden Gate at Fort Baker in Sausalito, which gathered scientists, philanthropists, activists, venture capitalists and nonprofit leaders to address global sustainability and other ...
Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Apr 21, 2010
Just in Case

Alameda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

But the TeaBaggers wnat to close the parks ?
TGP

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2010

Judged:

Unless it's the Corte Madera town Park, wherein you just get robbed.
WF_Doo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

TGP wrote:
Unless it's the Corte Madera town Park, wherein you just get robbed.
Or San Rafael: "Prescription for good health: Walk in a park.. "RUN FORREST RUN!!"
Batman

Ross, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

And how much public monies were squandered on this boondoggle?
nimh

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

SPOCK wrote:
So a bunch of scientists, philanthropists, activists, venture capitalists and non-profit leaders got together at posh Cavallo Point to hob-nob amongst each other, and this is what they came up with. Exercise more. Brilliant.
Yes, and they want to charge you for a doctor visit to prescribe it. Just make sure it's not a park in Corte Madera because that is apparently hazardous to your health.
nimh

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Just in Case wrote:
spoken like the true mentally deficient that you are.

Since: Dec 09

Mill Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Just in Case wrote:
Hey "Just in Case", never go full retard. Never.

You sound like a drooling Pavlov's Dog from the MSNBC, Bill Maher studio audience. Sorry the world is not so black and white as it seems for you.
Bready

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2010

Judged:

Exercise. What a concept. I'm glad that Michelle's recommendation coincides with California's desire to close public park lands. Maybe they can mandate it in health care reform, and get doctors to prescribe it as a "disease prevention." If it falls under a "disease", the government could prescribe it and tax it until the parks are open again, and we could deduct it on our health care. That might be the bigger picture. Tax tax tax..........
health4u

Dickerson, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2010

Judged:

If all of us were bright enough to follow common sense and be physically active – which is not to say we have to rise to the level of ‘exercise’- we could save billions in health care costs each year. Instead, we would rather pop an expensive pill (hey, profits to a pharmaceutical company – I’ll invest!) and go on about our blubbery life on the sofa gulping down quarter pounders. What’s not to like? Me. I'll take a hike!

Since: Apr 10

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Judged:

How about a beer in the park?
MR HEALTHY

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

And take along some weights. Lift weights. That will make you healthier, for sure. You will be able to put up with the greatly increased bullsheeeiyte in this world.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Francisco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sinful Movie has Visuals to Die For in San Fran... 11 min Culture Auditor 1
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 16 min Farfel 54,787
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr Pea solved 200,564
Manslaughter verdict in bizarre San Francisco s... 5 hr Mitts Gold Plated... 2
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 10 hr Donny B 7,922
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Tue matches lighters 15,961
'Robin Williams' should adorn rainbow tunnel: p... Mon Marvinfish 6
•••

San Francisco News Video

•••
•••

San Francisco Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

San Francisco People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE