Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201882 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#160101 Sep 20, 2012
Tokens wrote:
Paul D. Ryan and Willard Mitt ROMENY ARE JUST TOKENS NOW, THEY ONLY FILL UP THE AIRWAVES WITH THE gop / rEPUBLICAN / tEA pARTY bULL SHIPPS
We now have the greatest foreign policy disaster in American history.

And the obsequious media focuses instead on Mitt Romney's words at a private fundraiser, not the president's.

Remember Obama's obsequious speeches in Cairo and Istanbul in the spring of 2009? Do you remember what he said to the Arab world? How he appealed to the politicians and the so-called "intellectuals" in the Arab Muslim world?

How Obama came up with lies about Arab enlightenment while Europe was supposedly in the "dark ages"?

There was no enlightenment in the Arab world in that time.

How about the contemporary Arab world, where women are abused and homosexuals are killed? What about the death of intellectualism? The lessening and cheapening of human life?

Look at the Arab world's barbaric legal codes, the marriage of children, the economic practices at every level of Muslim society.

None of this was mentioned by Obama in 2009.

Instead he flattered them. He made up important Islamic contributions to America and to the world we live in.

The fact is: Obama made a disgrace of himself and cheapened America in the Muslim world.

And it's come home to roost.
thisGuy

Stephenville, TX

#160102 Sep 20, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're STILL vomiting incomprehensible gibberish, proving, once again, that your an idiot.
Why? Because I give rational & scientific reasons that show your "alternative lifestyle" is a disgrace? LOL And that you queers were "tolerant" /sarcasm
Tata

Redondo Beach, CA

#160103 Sep 20, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's our Bruno!!!!
Ok what ever I'm sure this Bruno is not the first to tell you how much of an A-Hole you are, think what you want
Winston Smith

United States

#160105 Sep 20, 2012
Tata wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you mean "US" ?
Just the fact that you have to ask what I meant by "US" in that comment lets me know you're a bit dim in the ol' brain box. I'm probably safe assuming you have a rather menial job, if you're employed, and there is no real hope for much better in your future.
Winston Smith

United States

#160106 Sep 20, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Why can't we help those off of welfare in this country and make them clean toilets? That is the problem, it's easier and more money to NOT WORK. We agree, thank you Winston.
Maybe if you actually managed a hotel or a farm you'd understand the answer to your question a bit better.

OTOH, if you'd like a rational discussion about what is wrong with our welfare system I'm more than happy to go there. Just let me know if providing an education or weaning people off welfare as opposed to cold turkey abandonment of them are things that you don't find appealing first. If they are you won't like the reality of what needs to be done to decrease the number of people that are lifers on welfare.
Frank Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

#160107 Sep 20, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>But then the farmers won't hire them. And they all don't come here to work. How much tax will they pay with their income?
I guess you didn't read the two articles I generously provide you on the state of farming in the U.S.

Typical Rittardo...
Frank Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

#160110 Sep 20, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Why can't we help those off of welfare in this country and make them clean toilets? That is the problem, it's easier and more money to NOT WORK. We agree, thank you Winston.
You really need to go back and read exactly who the 47% are, but don't worry, we won't expect you to, seeing as you're probably the biggest Republidouche ever....

Anyhoo...keep maligning your fellow Americans. Glad you're on the the other team---You do them proud!
Winston Smith

United States

#160111 Sep 20, 2012
jacques renault wrote:
winson smith was n his Indiana Jones outfit and this happened:
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/b6a63cac1f/i...
I'm quite happy you enjoy the efforts of a bi-sexual man. I would, however, think a person like yourself would find the sexual orientation of Matt Stone objectionable.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#160112 Sep 20, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you actually managed a hotel or a farm you'd understand the answer to your question a bit better.
OTOH, if you'd like a rational discussion about what is wrong with our welfare system I'm more than happy to go there. Just let me know if providing an education or weaning people off welfare as opposed to cold turkey abandonment of them are things that you don't find appealing first. If they are you won't like the reality of what needs to be done to decrease the number of people that are lifers on welfare.
Then I'm sure u are really boned with the great obama....lol.....number of able-bodied adults on food stamps doubled after Obama suspended work requirement.....This was a blatant attempt by Obama to make sure all those people who are unemployed due to his failed economic policies will still vote for him. He believes in redistribution and this is simply taking from hardworking Americans and giving to those he made less fortunate. If he would just lay off the golf games, partying with Jay-Z and hob nobbing with Rich Hollywood elite, maybe he can "laser focus" on jobs, like he said he would a year ago.
Frank Rizzo

Los Angeles, CA

#160114 Sep 20, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the fact that you have to ask what I meant by "US" in that comment lets me know you're a bit dim in the ol' brain box. I'm probably safe assuming you have a rather menial job, if you're employed, and there is no real hope for much better in your future.
Bruno, I mean "Tata", is a unionized janitor who cleans bathrooms at LAX---between "entertaining" republican senators....[wink-wink]...
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#160115 Sep 20, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you didn't read the two articles I generously provide you on the state of farming in the U.S.
Typical Rittardo...
Yes did you read the article, the farmer has to pay more for labor then hiring illegals and paying them crap. I don't mind paying more for produce, but I never buy from the grocery stores where the labor pees on the crops. "The lack of workers is forcing farmers to pay more. In one of Underwood's fields, pickers are harvesting peppers for $9.25 a hour, or $5 a bucket, whichever is more." Good pay people what they deserve. In other words there is no shortage, it's just the farmer doesn't want to pay a Legal Citizen normal working wages. Go on Craigslist, there are no farm jobs advertised, why can't they hire Citizens?
Frank Rizzo

Pasadena, CA

#160116 Sep 20, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Yes did you read the article, the farmer has to pay more for labor then hiring illegals and paying them crap. I don't mind paying more for produce, but I never buy from the grocery stores where the labor pees on the crops. "The lack of workers is forcing farmers to pay more. In one of Underwood's fields, pickers are harvesting peppers for $9.25 a hour, or $5 a bucket, whichever is more." Good pay people what they deserve. In other words there is no shortage, it's just the farmer doesn't want to pay a Legal Citizen normal working wages. Go on Craigslist, there are no farm jobs advertised, why can't they hire Citizens?
Here you go:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37906555/ns/busin...

Make sure you read the entire article, and do us a favor: contemplate the meanings behind the words.
Frank Rizzo

Pasadena, CA

#160117 Sep 20, 2012
Oh, yes!

And try to empathize with the goals and dreams of your average American (or immigrant) and compare it to the reality of the life of a migrant farm worker.

An example: it's hard to raise a family and put your kids through school when you're chasing the harvest across the country.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#160118 Sep 20, 2012
jacques renault wrote:
<quoted text>
we have federal and state government
a US Constitutional Amendment would trump the states
the US Supreme Court is the guardian of the US Constitution
the US Supreme Court precedent is Baker v Nelson
SCOTUS is not bound by precedent. Many things have change since 1972.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#160120 Sep 20, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37906555/ns/busin...
Make sure you read the entire article, and do us a favor: contemplate the meanings behind the words.
Once the illegals become "legal" they'll also demand higher wages and benefits, thus reducing the demand for them. The best way would be for all of them to go home who are here illegally and if it turns out there is a need we can issue TEMPORARY visas for that SPECIFIC need. IT IS WHAT WE ARE PAYING FOR THEM -THE WELFARE,THE MEDICAL, THE EDUCATION, THE CRIME -and THEY ARE not paying TAXES !!!
Nailed

Covina, CA

#160121 Sep 20, 2012
Same cork screws playing around.

motherjones.com

“NOW will ya give me”

Since: Sep 12

some fightin' room ? !

#160122 Sep 20, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Once the illegals become "legal" they'll also demand higher wages and benefits, thus reducing the demand for them. The best way would be for all of them to go home who are here illegally and if it turns out there is a need we can issue TEMPORARY visas for that SPECIFIC need. IT IS WHAT WE ARE PAYING FOR THEM -THE WELFARE,THE MEDICAL, THE EDUCATION, THE CRIME -and THEY ARE not paying TAXES !!!
I think any illegal alien should be given life in the electric chair.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#160123 Sep 20, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Once the illegals become "legal" they'll also demand higher wages and benefits, thus reducing the demand for them. The best way would be for all of them to go home who are here illegally and if it turns out there is a need we can issue TEMPORARY visas for that SPECIFIC need. IT IS WHAT WE ARE PAYING FOR THEM -THE WELFARE,THE MEDICAL, THE EDUCATION, THE CRIME -and THEY ARE not paying TAXES !!!
Gee... you sound a bit confused. Illegal workers get welfare? I don't think so. And besides that, even if they were legal, they earn so little they wouldn't have to pay income taxes anyway.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#160124 Sep 20, 2012
TucksunJack wrote:
<quoted text>
I think any illegal alien should be given life in the electric chair.
There's that christian love Arizona is famous for!
Nano button

Covina, CA

#160125 Sep 20, 2012
Willard Mitt Romney tries to change shades for univision interview?

A decent make-up person should have a wide range of foundations in-stock, in order to match skin-tones. In this case, either they were out of "Ben Nye Pale Rose" (which looks closest to his normal skin-tone), or else the make-up person decided to play a clever little joke by deliberately applying "Rich Tan" instead.

Either way, it's a pretty rushed job. As others have noted: no coverage on the hands or ears, plus only a few obvious dabs between the jaw and neck lines (I could easily imagine Romney pointing out that "this shirt costs more than you make in a week - don't mess it up!"), and very uneven blending around the eyes and brows.

My guess is Willard Mitt Romney probably waltzed in late, and whomever did it either didn't have enough time, or perhaps didn't really feel much incentive to do a proper job of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Francisco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Madd 21,199
leave before the bigh earth quake hits. 19 hr chuck 1
News Ann Coulter says she won't attend Berkeley free... Sun unbelievable 1
News DACA debate: Dona t call them a Dreamers,a or p... Sun Chester Is OK Here 7
Has Nancy Pelosi lost whats left of her mind ? Sun We Won 2
Review: MAP Moving & Storage Sep 23 Brandy R 2
News Schools seek to help immigrants amid mixed sign... Sep 23 Defeat barbara boxer 12

San Francisco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Francisco Mortgages