Jerry Brown signs bill empowering transgender students

Aug 13, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Modesto Bee

In this Wednesday, June 12, 2013 photo, straight and gay members of OneTable, from left, Samantha Curley, Chelsea McInturff, faculty adviser Glen Stassen, Marissa Nunes and Nick Palacios walk on the campus of the Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, Calif.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of40
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jeni M

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Charlie wrote:
<quoted text>Are you a he-she, a ChickWithaDick?
LMFAO
Your ignorant vulgarity gives me pause to realize that you obviously failed to read one of my previous posts ,or on the other hand, you are so blinded by your ignorant ,fear and hate filled bigotry and rage that you cannot see to read anything at all.
FYI: I am cis gender, Lesbian,retired Civil and Employees Rights Attorney who politically advocates and fights for for marginalized people and those in the LGBTI etc. community against hate filled venom, bigotry and discriminates from the likes of people like you!
Leroy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

Judged:

I really gotta poop. Haven't pooped all day, too busy. I think I'm gonna let loose a Lincoln log. I could probably hollow it out and sail it to cuba.
NonGay2

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2013

NonGay1 wrote:
<quoted text>I love how you tranny/queer perverts fight with each other...you SickFreaks amuse me:)
You might be in for a shock nonGay1 but I consider myself Straight. And I have had gender reassignment and now come across as a attractive female without even trying. With NO make up at all.Now when I say straight, I mean my sexual preference is to be with a girl. I have been with guys, but honestly I still like Girls and prefer straight clubs. I was born male and that doesn't go away. I wouldn't want it too. I was a wimp in school. Now that I have had srs ,im actually a lot tougher and confident. I think its cool to have the ability to present as either sex, without even trying!!! is that what you call shape-shifting ???? be cool NonGay2 !!!!!

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Goddamit! Who keeps deleting unpopular posts? I want Charley's feces right out there where everyone can see it for what it's worth. Don't delete bad posts! Stop protecting these people from themselves. Now to answer his silly post I have read all the responses and try to guess whether they have been edited. Don't Delete posts! Let them rant! They have free speech in this country too. We are all free to show our stupid side now and then.
Regards, Terri

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

OOPZ I just found Charley's post, Disregard the above.
Regards, Terri

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Judged:

TerryE wrote:
As a matter of fact, I have never sought your support! I feel no kinship or identification with you people,.......
I suspect that most people, when struggling for equality, accept all the support they can get.

Gay folks are no more likely to really understand what it is to be transgendered than straight folks do - I think you have to live something to really understand.

But a great many of us know what it feels like to be marginalized for a natural and harmless trait, that we did not choose but must live with in this society.

Don't paint us all with one brush - we are learning, too.

But your struggle is our struggle, and not just because some transgendered people are also gay.

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

I don't know about Jeni, but as for me, Yes, I'm a He/she (ho,ho,ho! That's just so funny!) a chick with a dick!(Ho,ho,ho!) I lived my entire life driving myself crazy trying to be acceptable to the "Meatheads" (ho,ho,ho!) of this world. Finally, one morning I woke up and what's it all about anyway? No one else drives themselves nuts, why am I? Since then, I'm a lot happier! And that my friend was the start of my life as a "Chick with a dick" (ho,ho,ho, OMG that's so clever!)
Regards, Terri
Charlie wrote:
<quoted text>Are you a he-she, a ChickWithaDick?
LMFAO

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Ever notice how some folks in this world don't go around with their hands out, "Struggling for equality'? I do! Jews for instance, Most Asians, Northern Europeans. Turn them loose and they make not only "Equality", but desirability their goals and achieve them. BECAUSE THEY"RE GOOD AT WHAT THEY DO! The rest of the world beats a path to their doorway. When you want a job done right, you don't care what the person's gender or sexuality is. This only question you're asking is "How much?" Go read Lynn Conway's ( Lynnconway.com )page and scroll down to Transexual women's Successes! These TS women didn't wait for help, they went ahead a made themselves successful inspite of enormous odds. Some really got slapped around. Tula, Rachel Padman (Google) are just a couple who got beaten up in the press. Diane Schorer, Maggie Stumpp, Amanda Simpson, Jan Hamilton are not on the list, but their stories are the same. It's all about overcoming obstacles. Not organizing a better group!
Regards, Terri
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect that most people, when struggling for equality, accept all the support they can get.
Gay folks are no more likely to really understand what it is to be transgendered than straight folks do - I think you have to live something to really understand.
But a great many of us know what it feels like to be marginalized for a natural and harmless trait, that we did not choose but must live with in this society.
Don't paint us all with one brush - we are learning, too.
But your struggle is our struggle, and not just because some transgendered people are also gay.
Pro Israel Pro War

Hinsdale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Judged:

You can't let a private bank print your nations' money, or else you're not really a country. You're just property of the bank which you now owe, since day one.
You cannot repay the debt, because there isn't enough money in circulation to pay it, due to the application of interest.
When they gave you ten trillion to use as 'money', you then owed them ten trillion, plus interest.
Where do you plan on getting the ten trillion, if your only source for funds are the people you owe?
In Canada, we pay a billion dollars a week in interest payments alone, to these private banks.
In the United States, the incalculable totals are now due, which results in the collapse of the nations paper currency, the Federal Reserve note.
When there is no money, there is no food. And you will have food shortages, food riots, and marshall law.
These are not predictions. This is what happens when monetary ponzi schemes collapse.
This was deliberate

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Judged:

TerryE wrote:
As a matter of fact, I have never sought your support! I feel no kinship or identification with you people, but that's mutual! It wasn't always this way. What do you suppose changed it? A Gay back in the 80s saying to me, about a T-girl friend, "I don't why HE has to do that!" meaning present as female. and myriad other similar examples of Gay intolerance of Transgendered people. You could always claim a lack of understanding then, but not now. Yes You can stop for me! Read the history of TS rights, You will see that it's always been another TGed person who got those rights, Not some gay! Go read up on Virginia Prince and how she fought for our rights. Read up on Sylvia Rivera, who threw the first beer bottle at Stonewall. Go read up on Phyllis R Frye. She broke Texas laws against crossdressing. And Lynn Conway. And Pat Morgan. and lots of others who you never hear about. Yes, you can stop for me whatever you may be doing on my behalf. I lived my life without your Help. I was Crossdressing when it was an indictable offense. I would drive from Verona to Paterson NJ. I wasn't caught so I didn't have to endure the penalty of being thrown into the "Drunk tank" with twenty or so "Gentlemen" and having my screams ignored.
It wasn't Gays who got these laws off the books. It was hard fought battles that we fought ourselves.
I am really tired of being smeared with the "Gay" brush. I want to break the association. Why not, we're just an afterthought anyway. All we do for you is fill out your Pride parades. The rest of the year you don't want to know us. So why should we hang around where we're not wanted. So go do your little "gay" thing and we'll mind our own business too.
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
Hon, perhaps both our discourse and our accord would be a hell of a lot better if in the removal of extraneous parts they had removed the chip from your shoulder.

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

That "Chip" has carried me too far in life! That will never go!
Regards, Terri
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
Hon, perhaps both our discourse and our accord would be a hell of a lot better if in the removal of extraneous parts they had removed the chip from your shoulder.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Judged:

TerryE wrote:
That "Chip" has carried me too far in life! That will never go!
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
Whatever, but I think in the long run it is counter-productive from a social standpoint and quite frankly a human standpoint. In my life, in meeting with transgendered, have more of a problem with the emphasis on transgendered and have found that many transgender womyn come off with an attitude that somehow their path to womynhood makes them exalted over biological wymwyn. Me, I deal with the PERSON in front of me, not the gender, not the orientation-THE CHARACTER. Yes I understand the challenges you face but I also know your inroads to assimilation is going to be based on your acceptance based on your personhood, and just in the case of gays and lesbians when your character becomes the pre-eminent factor of your acceptance, then all those other factors of your personal journey is seen as unimportant to the inroads of that acceptance and you are viewed from the commonality of your fellow humans rather than you exceptions. By all means be saucy, be strong, but at the same time exercise a little patience and tolerance and stop perpetuating your distance from other people through your oversensitivity.

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Judged:

You make some good points! I've had a life time of trying to convince other that I was not a "Fagg" and at the same time, trying to live my life as it really was. It takes it's toll on you!
Not being "out" took me a lot of places I never wanted to go. Some of those places, the "chip" was almost a necessity under the circumstances. I really don't mean to be offensive, but I get mad listening/reading of other girls go into a "wimpy" mode. In another posting, I gave the names of my principal Heroines and I meant it. Those girls wouldn't take any BS off anyone. I only want to live my life, not join any groups. But you made sense and I'll bear it in mind.
Regards, Terri
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever, but I think in the long run it is counter-productive from a social standpoint and quite frankly a human standpoint. In my life, in meeting with transgendered, have more of a problem with the emphasis on transgendered and have found that many transgender womyn come off with an attitude that somehow their path to womynhood makes them exalted over biological wymwyn. Me, I deal with the PERSON in front of me, not the gender, not the orientation-THE CHARACTER. Yes I understand the challenges you face but I also know your inroads to assimilation is going to be based on your acceptance based on your personhood, and just in the case of gays and lesbians when your character becomes the pre-eminent factor of your acceptance, then all those other factors of your personal journey is seen as unimportant to the inroads of that acceptance and you are viewed from the commonality of your fellow humans rather than you exceptions. By all means be saucy, be strong, but at the same time exercise a little patience and tolerance and stop perpetuating your distance from other people through your oversensitivity.

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Judged:

I don't! What started this whole thing was Snyper was using a word that I don't like, But she was doing it with a certain casualness as though she was quite familiar with it, like she says it all the time. Normally I keep my feeling about Gays to my self, but she really pushed it over the line when she brought up that bit about Gay rights organizations and all the "Help" that they supposedly give us, and now it's our bite at the apple, courtesy of HRC or some other homosexual organization. Like Hell! We got our own rights! As I pointed out to her. And I don't give a damn if the Gay organizations dump all pretense of "Helping" us tomorrow! We will survive and quite nicely too!
Regards, Terri
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>why do you think i'm wimpy

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Judged:

Nancy has proposed to make the State of California the national Illegal Resident haven.
From Washington, DC.

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2013

Judged:

Then don't bitch about her using the ladies room!
Regards, Terri
Jerome wrote:
I better not see no ChickWithaDick taking a leak in the urinal next two me or there will be hell to pay...gay panic defense for sure!!!
hope for change

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

May the next CA earthquake sink the state under the sea and forever remembered as the new sodom and gommorah..

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Jeni M wrote:
Also check the following from The GLAAD website:
"What words are offensive to transgender people?
These words should not be used:'transvestite,''she-male, ''he-she,''it,''trannie,''tran ny,' and 'shim.' These words are dehumanizing, and using them to refer to any person is similar to using an anti-gay epithet."
http://www.glaad.org/transgender
Only were I to use "tranny" in that way. Until then, it remains merely a convenient contraction.

See, I can hand down language edicts, too.
buzzard beak

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

I love trannys!

Central NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Great! I could use some love, do you live near Pennsylvania?
Regards, Terri
buzzard beak wrote:
I love trannys!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of40
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the San Francisco Forum right now

Search the San Francisco Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 34 min anonymous 50,855
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 hr Bruno 200,242
Children of "tiger parents" develop more aggres... (Jun '13) 9 hr cut their eyes open 8
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 9 hr PMS will get yeah 7,821
California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 13 hr all doned in 4,864
Groups for recovering homosexuals Sat Fat Abbott 2
Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sat The right is wrong 2,225
•••
•••

San Francisco News Video

•••
•••

San Francisco Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

San Francisco People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE