The Left Is Becoming Deranged

The Left Is Becoming Deranged

There are 26073 comments on the Common Folk Using Common Sense story from Sep 23, 2009, titled The Left Is Becoming Deranged. In it, Common Folk Using Common Sense reports that:

Says The Washington Post : The House Republicans' top campaign chief strongly denounced Speaker Nancy Pelosi's comments that appeared to question whether today's angry conservative protests were similar to anti-gay rallies in the late 1970s that preceded the assassination of two San Francisco political leaders.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Common Folk Using Common Sense.

RedPill

Colorado Springs, CO

#27322 Mar 20, 2011
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Got it! When backed into a corner by your own words you simply defer to "Nothing matters because...."
You are the only one who dares say “nothing matters.”

And I have yet to be backed into a corner. What an imagination you have. Next you’ll be accusing me of being a reptilian invader from the Messier galaxy. LOL!

Meanwhile, leftists are frigging deranged.

Since: Dec 08

San Francisco, CA

#27323 Mar 20, 2011
RedPill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the only one who dares say “nothing matters.”
And I have yet to be backed into a corner. What an imagination you have. Next you’ll be accusing me of being a reptilian invader from the Messier galaxy. LOL!
Meanwhile, leftists are frigging deranged.
Leftists are frigging deranged?

Is it so deranged to stand for Equality for Everyone?
Is it so deranged to want the poor to pay "lower" taxes than the wealthy?
Is it so deranged to want to help the less fortunate?
Is it so deranged to want to keep minimum wage at a fair rate?
Is it so deranged to provide health care for everyone?
Is it so deranged to treat ALL minorities like we treat Caucasians?
Is it so deranged to keep a separation between church and state?
Is it so deranged to support marriage between two unrelated consenting adults?
Is it so deranged to pass fair housing laws?
Is it so deranged to pass fair employment laws?
Is it so deranged to allow blacks to attend white schools?
Is it so deranged to support Civil Rights for everyone?
Is it so deranged to support Environmental Protection laws?

*** Care to share WHY you believe the Left is so deranged?

This - I'm really going to LOVE to hear!

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#27324 Mar 21, 2011
TolkMax wrote:
<quoted text>
It is equality before the law, that is, with respect to government that one must stand for. It is stupid, however, to treat unequal things as equal.

The principle of equality is not an exclusive leftist value.
What happened suddenly to equal treatment before the law? Here is a case of treating unequal things, indeed, as unequal. But the left is okay with this sort of unequal treatment.

The only fair tax is one tax rate for all. The wealthy will automatically pay more in taxes, the poor, less.
That is why there are charitable organizations. You can support them. It is no business of the government.
Minimum wage is an illusion, and it is anti-economic. The true minimum wage is the least wage that anyone is willing to accept. Imposing a number by law merely makes that the least amount while destroying the value of currency and savings through inflation.

It has always been a really bad idea.
Only on a voluntary basis. Coercing people is never a good idea, and all universal health care systems have eventually failed in every country that has had one and needed to be reformed downward. Look to the wait-for-months Canadian system and the UK.
Evidently you are confused with your classifications. Worldwide, caucasians are the minority. And how does one treat caucasians differently?

You evidently mean people in the US who just happen to be of non-European and Northern European descent with respect to the majority who is mostly of European and Northern European descent.

It is right to treat all citizens equally and fairly provided that they all assent to the values and ideals of the nation, integrate themselves into society and participate in its goals. If they consider themselves as a nation within a nation, then they should be treated accordingly, that is, as foreigners.
So long as the state is not hostile to religion. When the state becomes hostile to religion, then the state must be removed.
You’re talking about men and women here, right? It is perfectly acceptable to support the marriage of opposite-sex couples, and government has an interest to do so. There is no interest, however, where it concerns same-sex couples or anything else that is not opposite-sex couples. That would be deranged.
Fairness is not necessarily a leftist value. All people need a place to live, and restricting them in where they might live would certainly be an injustice.
All the above are not exclusively goals and values of the left, as you seem to imply.
It is if it leads to a massive increase in bureaucratic government power.
It is not the goals and values that make the left deranged. Everyone wants fairness and justice. It is the means they choose to employ: massive government bureaucracy.

San Francisco, CA

#27325 Mar 21, 2011
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
It is equality before the law, that is, with respect to government that one must stand for. It is stupid, however, to treat unequal things as equal.
The principle of equality is not an exclusive leftist value.
Gay couples aren't unequal to straight couples - that's your ingrained bigotry talking. Two unrelated consenting adults who form a couple are equal to any other - and to claim otherwise is disingenuous.

This is the 21st Century - we know better! Why don't you?
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened suddenly to equal treatment before the law? Here is a case of treating unequal things, indeed, as unequal. But the left is okay with this sort of unequal treatment.
The only fair tax is one tax rate for all. The wealthy will automatically pay more in taxes, the poor, less.
You believe a household earning $2 Million per year deserves the same tax rate to a household earns $15,000 per year?

I'm not saying one household is 'better' than the other, I'm simply noting the incomes are substantially different, and no country in the world subjects the two to the same tax rates. NO COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, and why would YOU think we should is beyond any reason known to educated Americans.
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why there are charitable organizations. You can support them. It is no business of the government.
In sincerely hope your father never dies when your mom has little children at home.

Or your sister is struck with a terminal illness, or your grandmother has a stroke.

According to your theories, these folks will be tossed out into the streets! Who cares - let someone else help? Right???
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
Minimum wage is an illusion, and it is anti-economic. The true minimum wage is the least wage that anyone is willing to accept. Imposing a number by law merely makes that the least amount while destroying the value of currency and savings through inflation.
It has always been a really bad idea.
Do you really believe this bullshit?

There are NO VALID ECONOMIC THEORIES that support this belief?

Particularly in a depression or a recession, where people will work for any amount - just to put food on the front seat and gas in the car they live in.
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
Only on a voluntary basis. Coercing people is never a good idea, and all universal health care systems have eventually failed in every country that has had one and needed to be reformed downward. Look to the wait-for-months Canadian system and the UK.
I lived in the UK, I'm very familiar with their health care, and I have dozens of friends and relatives who live in Canada -- and the Canadian Health Care system is not only much more efficient than ours, it's a significantly less cost of their GNP, and it's NOT always a wait for months. It depends on where you are, and what you need. Often, it's just as prompt as health care in America.
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently you are confused with your classifications. Worldwide, caucasians are the minority. And how does one treat caucasians differently?
I'm not talking worldwide. I'm talking about America, and you're splitting hairs!

And how does one treat Caucasians differently?
Are you really going to ask me that question?
Are you really going to pretend you don't know how millions of African Americans are treated differently?
Are you serious?
Are you living in a bubble - or just so bigoted, you need eye glasses to find your nose?

San Francisco, CA

#27326 Mar 21, 2011
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
You evidently mean people in the US who just happen to be of non-European and Northern European descent with respect to the majority who is mostly of European and Northern European descent.
It is right to treat all citizens equally and fairly provided that they all assent to the values and ideals of the nation, integrate themselves into society and participate in its goals. If they consider themselves as a nation within a nation, then they should be treated accordingly, that is, as foreigners.
The values and ideals of the nation? And those are decided by whom? YOU?

Unbelievable.
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
So long as the state is not hostile to religion. When the state becomes hostile to religion, then the state must be removed.
When is the state ever hostile toward religion? Religion has a ridiculous lock on benefits and privileges they should never have.

The Arch Diocese of San Francisco is the single largest landholder of real estate in the city.

They own hundreds of investment properties, yet pay taxes on NONE OF THEM, not even properties used for non-church / no religious related investments - where they are collecting current market rents, and fees. They remain tax free - completely tax free!
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
You’re talking about men and women here, right? It is perfectly acceptable to support the marriage of opposite-sex couples, and government has an interest to do so. There is no interest, however, where it concerns same-sex couples or anything else that is not opposite-sex couples. That would be deranged.
Why would that be deranged?
Because you say so?
Gays and Lesbians are Citizens.
Gays and Lesbians pay the same taxes.
Gays and Lesbians have families.
Gays and Lesbians have children.
Gays and Lesbians are entitled to equal protection under the law.

You sharing your personal opinion that offering same-sex couples equal protection under the law is deranged, is nothing more than your BIGOTED and highly discriminatory opinion - and there's no rational, honest, or justified reason to hold such an opinion, other than you being a homophobe who wishes to legalize gay bashing.
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
Fairness is not necessarily a leftist value. All people need a place to live, and restricting them in where they might live would certainly be an injustice.
Funny - when you show me signs of fairness coming from the Right, I may start to believe you. Until then, forget it.
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
All the above are not exclusively goals and values of the left, as you seem to imply.
yes the are - and you've been unable to present one example to discredit my statement.

Conservatives do NOT support fair employment laws!
Conservatives do NOT support allowing blacks to attend white schools.
Conservatives do NOT support Civil Rights for everyone.
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
It is if it leads to a massive increase in bureaucratic government power.
Protecting our environment is paramount, and every person and company's responsibility - but conservatives refuse to acknowledge this. They just don't care when company's pollute, and they prove this fact all of the time.

San Francisco, CA

#27327 Mar 21, 2011
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not the goals and values that make the left deranged. Everyone wants fairness and justice. It is the means they choose to employ: massive government bureaucracy.
Yes, they claim massive government bureaucracy, yet we find Ronald Reagan was the first president to expand government, increase spending and lower taxes, resulting in a 2.6x increase in the National Debt.

Yes, we find George Bush cut taxes, while simultaneously increasing taxes, and invaded another country (Iraq) with off balance sheet accounting, doubling the debt again, while not figuring out a way to pay for the invasion, destruction and complete rebuilding of another nation?

Yes - you conservatives do a real 'bang up job' at creating smaller government, and balancing budgets!

The moniker and the slogans are in place, but the actions consistently FAIL!

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#27328 Mar 22, 2011
The left is a carnival show. The immature will sneak in, look around, grow up and leave. Some will get stuck and never find a way home.

San Francisco, CA

#27330 Mar 22, 2011
J0HN_Q_Public wrote:
<quoted text>
In my time I have interviewed former Nazi SS in the town of Buedingen, Germany. This town was distinguished by being an SS training center. I met them in Bars and other social settings. I talked at length with them and for the first time, met those who said they enjoyed killing Americans Bwahahahaha Bwahahahaha and would do so again, if given a chance to do so. Conjuring up ghosts and other manner of foolishness to fill the voids in your mental state.
As stated before, TEA Party fanatic who Bwahahahaha Bwahahahaha is a traitor, by his own admission that disrupting democracy is OK, if you are pissed. I want to hang all the TEA Party leadership as traitors and disenfranchise thier followers. When a person has spoken in length with the Nazi SS the resembalence is uncanny, un nerving and daangerous to the the US political system and Western Civilization.
Execution or murder? Bwahahahaha Bwahahahaha Depends on if you are the person hanging on to one end as another snaps thier neck on the other in a noose. Doesn't matter to me. The TEA Party neo nazi gave up thier rights to citizenship and due process when they committed treason at those town hall meetings and thier undisclosed plans to take over this country. To turn it into a nazi fascist /corperate state.
Death to all TEA Party fanantics and thier leadership Bwahahahaha Bwahahahaha. May thier heads be severed from thier body's, placed between thier legs of an upturned body buried in a grave without benefit of a casket. Thus to all traitors as told by John Q Public AOL
btw..... I'll be a speaker at my old units convention, the 101st Airborne Association 66th Annual Reunion in Lexington, Kentucky on August 17-21. Come visit and meet I gotta rope handy. Bwahahahaha Bwahahahaha.
Thanks for the clarification. I was just wondering what you were trying to say.

I'd be interested in seeing you speak. Will someone video tape it -and put it on youtube?

Don't think I can make it to KY in August, I usually spend the 1st week of August at the Russian River and the 2nd/3rd weeks in Provincetown.

What's up with the rope comment? Is that supposed to be some sort of threat? If so - why?

I'm not a TEA Party supporter - at all! In fact, I'm saddened by their ignorance, as exhibited here:

San Francisco, CA

#27332 Mar 22, 2011
J0HN_Q_Public wrote:
<quoted text>
yah right, you too are a teabagger! Death to all TEA Party fanantics and thier leadership Bwahahahaha Bwahahahaha. May thier heads be severed from thier body's, placed between thier legs of an upturned body buried in a grave without benefit of a casket. Thus to all traitors as told by John Q Public AOL
* I Don't Lie.
* I'm NOT a TEA-bagger.
* And I DON'T promote the DEATH of anyone, even my opposition, which I often can not stand!

And when someone is behaving like a douche-bag, I don't hesitate to tell them!

And guess what - YOU are behaving like a douche-bag!

PROMOTING VIOLENCE AND DEATH IS NEVER ACCEPTABLE.
RedPill

Colorado Springs, CO

#27333 Mar 23, 2011
TolkMax wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are either too lazy or too stupid to do your own homework, and since you have a quite entertaining, melodramatic propensity for exaggerating, you can live with the consequences. Good luck!

Since: Mar 11

San Francisco, CA

#27334 Mar 24, 2011
Well this is what I think about the right http://t.co/v7xKswQ

San Francisco, CA

#27335 Mar 24, 2011
RedPill wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are either too lazy or too stupid to do your own homework, and since you have a quite entertaining, melodramatic propensity for exaggerating, you can live with the consequences. Good luck!
The consequences of watching Marriage Equality nationalized across America - because banning civil marriage from gay and lesbian couples is nothing more than legalizing gay bashing.

Sure - I'm happy to deal with THOSE consequences, thank you very much!

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#27336 Mar 24, 2011
TolkMax wrote:
Since you obviously missed my post - I'll repeat it:
" I'd be able to buy into your post if it had a modicum of truth attached to it.
You say the conservatives want to give the dregs of society an opportunity to work, the truth is - the conservatives don't want to give the dregs of society ANYTHING AT ALL, including an opportunity.
Secondly, and more importantly, over 85% of the homeless are suffering from mental illness. And if the conservatives have their way, their medications will be cutoff, even before they get to take them!
At least the liberals CARE about what happens to our nation's poorest of the poor. There aren't many conservatives that can honestly make the same claim! "
Get it now?
<quoted text>
YOUR DRIVEL ABOVE FAILS TO ADDRESS ANY ISSUE RAISED IN MY POST - SO WHY DID YOU BOTHER RESPONDING...???
No sir, you missed my point, a month ago.

And first of all, conservatives are the original liberals. We are Classic Liberals. We brought democracy to the world. The Greeks tried, but were stomped out long ago. They don't get credit. We Classic Liberals do.

Second of all, it's an outright lie. Christians and Jews were the ones that started many social programs to help the poor. They were "conservative" by today's standards of reverse psychology.

And lastly, so what? Even if ti is true, it is STILL scientifically unacceptable to force the rich to help the poor. If its not voluntary, its theft.

Your problem is that you think humans are so evil that they won't voluntarily help their fellow man. Nothing is further from the truth. Humans are generally good, and therefore, need no government whatsoever to tell them how to spend their money, or how to help the poor.

You an Anti-Choice when it comes to welfare, sir. That is the bottom line. The fact remains that most poor today were created by modern social programs. Had the government not interfered, the problem would have been solved long ago, without you fanatical, Brave New World, elitist social reformers thinking you know better than natural selection how to run things. You do not. Nature, and science, is vastly more efficient and superior to any government's attempts to improve upon them.

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#27337 Mar 24, 2011
okboston wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of your ideological speil, why not develop it into something pertainent for today's reality?
Why not talk about the cozy relationship corporate America has with the government? With all the fraud that took place in the financial industry, why aren't more of them in jail?
Wat about the cozy relationship between the SEC, the Fed and Wall Street?
Big oil and those charged with regulating it and the oversight agencies?
Why do we spend millions to fight forest fires for the timber industry instead of just trying to save taxpayer homes?
You are not going to get rid of corporations, there are just too many things that require a corporate structure to get done. From nuclear plants to windmill electrical farms to building F-35 and 787 jets.
I never said I wanted to get rid of corporations.

See how you employ deceit and use Red Herrings in your arguments? I make it very clear in my posts that corporations don't need PROPERTY RIGHTS to function (they are still necessary, just like governments are) and you turn and twist and wiggle around.

I stated the problem, the cause, and the solution. This is a matter of sociology and science, not your ideals, sir.

San Francisco, CA

#27338 Mar 24, 2011
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No sir, you missed my point, a month ago.
No - actually I didn't miss your point, at all.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And first of all, conservatives are the original liberals. We are Classic Liberals. We brought democracy to the world. The Greeks tried, but were stomped out long ago. They don't get credit. We Classic Liberals do.
Conservatives were in fact the original liberals, but not the conservatives of today. Today's 'typical' conservative has moved so far to the right - it's truly frightening.

And having role models like Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann, doesn't help your cause, whatsoever.

Michelle Bachmann is so ignorant, she will parrot anything she hears from extremist Muslim Television, even accusing Obama of spending $200 Million per day on a trip to India where he's bringing 2,000 people while renting 20% MORE ROOMS in the Taj Mahal than the Taj Mahal even has.

This kind of blatant ignorance, and callous passage of misinformation, completely destroys her credibility -- and any good she could have done by wanting reduction is spending, is evaporated by her constant reckless abuse of the facts.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Second of all, it's an outright lie. Christians and Jews were the ones that started many social programs to help the poor. They were "conservative" by today's standards of reverse psychology.
I don't doubt that Christians and Jews have started many social programs. My experience with Jews is they are an exceptionally philanthropic race of people.

What I've noted, is a neo-con-right-wing severe hatred for the government, that's so heightened, these people are all too willing to throw the baby out with the bath water, just to prove a point.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And lastly, so what? Even if ti is true, it is STILL scientifically unacceptable to force the rich to help the poor. If its not voluntary, its theft.
It's not scientifically unacceptable to force the rich to help the poor, at all, since the rich consistently abuses the poor.

Here's just one very small example which continually proves devastating for millions of Americans: I worked for a MAJOR US Bank for several years. If a person writes 10 checks, totaling $400, but they only have $375 in their bank account. The bank would automatically pay the largest check, say for $350, then return 9 checks totaling $25 - and charge the client a $342 service fee (9 x $38 per check) instead of paying the 9 small checks, returning the single large check and charging the client just $38 in fees.

This is a MAJOR ABUSE of a client, who either doesn't have much money, or made a very small $25 error in their account.

Charging a client $342 for being $25 short is even more excessive than any loan shark would engage in, yet banks in America abuse the poor just like this, every single day of the week.

This is just one, of hundreds of examples of how the poor is truly ABUSED, by giant wealthy monsters, who can 'get away with it!'

San Francisco, CA

#27339 Mar 24, 2011
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your problem is that you think humans are so evil that they won't voluntarily help their fellow man. Nothing is further from the truth. Humans are generally good, and therefore, need no government whatsoever to tell them how to spend their money, or how to help the poor.
I don't think that humans are so evil, they'll never voluntarily help, at all. I think we need a welfare program, but I also believe it must be completely overhauled. COMPLETELY!

And only our nation's most vulnerable, including the elderly, and the seriously disabled, should have access to it.

I do NOT believe in compensating 17 year old girls with free housing because they chose to have 3 babies prior to their 16th birthday - nor do I subscribe to compensating them with welfare payments either. If they can't support their own children, adoption is always available.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You an Anti-Choice when it comes to welfare, sir. That is the bottom line. The fact remains that most poor today were created by modern social programs.
If so - then so be it. But I still believe welfare must be complete overhauled, and when I say completely, I mean completely, starting with the eradication of public housing across America, particularly when that housing is being abused by it's occupants.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Had the government not interfered, the problem would have been solved long ago, without you fanatical, Brave New World, elitist social reformers thinking you know better than natural selection how to run things. You do not.
I disagree. It's not government interference that's caused the problems, it's 'how' the government has chosen to interfere that's the problem.
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nature, and science, is vastly more efficient and superior to any government's attempts to improve upon them.
A defeatists opinion, based on a very poorly conceived government formulation.

Government programs can be 'brilliantly' constructed, and when done so, can benefit society in a significant and sustainable WAY!

San Francisco, CA

#27340 Mar 24, 2011
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I wanted to get rid of corporations.
See how you employ deceit and use Red Herrings in your arguments? I make it very clear in my posts that corporations don't need PROPERTY RIGHTS to function (they are still necessary, just like governments are) and you turn and twist and wiggle around.
I stated the problem, the cause, and the solution. This is a matter of sociology and science, not your ideals, sir.
Working for a bank - you can't believe the abuses I've seen, not just by the bank, but by large corporations who abuse their own clients. And when those clients are poor, it's even worse!

I went to school with a girl, who started a very large and successful mortgage business. She's a staunch Republican. At the height of her operation, about 5 years ago, she had over 1,000 employees.

Her model was to have researchers, scour land title records, looking for mortgage filings, in typical minority neighborhoods, within certain parameters - and then she'd have multi-lingual sales people cold call these people.

She'd offer 'free refinances', and quote the NEW MONTHLY PAYMENT, while burying the POINTS and the interest rate into the loan! She'd explain the "monthly savings" over and over again, tricking people to extending their 10 year remaining balance, into another 30 years - while, in many cases, paying 4 and 5 points, to refinance, and pull out cash.

This woman has bilked hundreds of millions on this formula, while literally abusing countless victims. She'd laugh about her business model, referring to her clients as a bunch of ignorant wetbacks.

Well - she sold that business at the height of the market, within weeks of the mortgage meltdown, and her portfolios, on several warehouse lines, suffered massive losses. The rest had already been sold off.

This is a woman who knew better.
This is a woman who had the capacity to serious help people in need, while making a decent profit... but she was greedy, and a respectable profit just wasn't good enough for her.

This is what the poor face every day, and to deny this, to close one's eyes to this kind of abuse, doesn't help anyone.
RedPill

Colorado Springs, CO

#27341 Mar 24, 2011
TolkMax wrote:
<quoted text>
The consequences of watching Marriage Equality nationalized across America - because banning civil marriage from gay and lesbian couples is nothing more than legalizing gay bashing.
Sure - I'm happy to deal with THOSE consequences, thank you very much!
You have never bothered to ask yourself why the elderly “shack-up” rather than marry. You have never contemplated the reasons why more and more straight parents choose to remain unmarried. I could go on and on, but again, I accuse you of not doing your homework.

Marriage is no privilege. It is a frigging penalty! Gay’s who claim they are denied human rights are brain-washed or just plain stupid.

San Francisco, CA

#27342 Mar 24, 2011
RedPill wrote:
<quoted text>
You have never bothered to ask yourself why the elderly “shack-up” rather than marry. You have never contemplated the reasons why more and more straight parents choose to remain unmarried. I could go on and on, but again, I accuse you of not doing your homework.
Marriage is no privilege. It is a frigging penalty! Gay’s who claim they are denied human rights are brain-washed or just plain stupid.
You spend way too much time attempting to 'guess' what I know and what I don't.

I'm completely aware that many elderly couples, who meet each other late in life, are much better off unmarried.

I'm also completely aware of several reasons some straight parents may avoid marriage, including the disruption of child support payments, but these reasons have nothing to do with the civil rights of gay couples and lesbian couples.

You may consider marriage a penalty in your situation, it isn't in many others. I know of at least a dozen couples, who've been in long term relationships with foreigners, and in EVERY SINGLE CASE, my American friends were FORCED TO LEAVE THEIR OWN AMERICA because their partner's VISA's expired, and marriage / immigrations rights aren't available to their respective spouses / partners. If they were a straight couple, immigration wouldn't be an issue.

Do you think it's fair you're forced to move to Canada, the UK, Germany, South Africa, Thailand, Norway or Switzerland, because your foreign partner (that you've been with for five or ten years) isn't legally allowed to stay in the US?

You just have no idea how many problems are caused for gay and lesbian couples because of discrimination in civil marriage rights.

Since: Aug 07

South Central Virginia

#27344 Mar 25, 2011
RedPill wrote:
<quoted text>
Running a marathon is a penalty also. Lets just say that only married couples can run because they are already used to being penalized.

Hobbies are penalties also.

What a weird world you live in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Francisco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Same Sex Marriage: It's Officially Legal 55 min Just Think 2,632
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 10 hr anonymous 60,849
new to the area 15 hr travelers 1
News Oakland: Woman slain in attempted robbery 16 hr Carlos Danger 2
News Immigrant suspect faces tough battle fighting m... Sun ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1
News Gay Iranian refugee gets new start in Bay Area Sun Fundie Fatwass De... 4
TRUMP REVEALED AS NIGERIAN PRINCE ! ... BirthRe... Sun TRUMP ADMENSTRUATION 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Francisco Mortgages