Teaching Gay History in California

Teaching Gay History in California

There are 12515 comments on the EDGE story from Jul 9, 2011, titled Teaching Gay History in California. In it, EDGE reports that:

California lawmakers on Tuesday sent the governor a bill that would make the state the first requiring public schools to include the contributions of gays and lesbians in social studies curriculum.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#13461 Aug 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>When the lies are truth or if they harm nobody.
Tell the truth about California's radical new social policies. That's argument enough.
Keep marriage as is, one man and one woman.
It's already changed, Brian. 10 YEARS. It's not going away. You are going to have to deal with it like a big boy.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#13462 Aug 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, children used to be able to compete and take risks in school, now we have zero tolerance. Too many children aren't graduating; at least they aren't as thoroughly indoctrinated.
That's no excuse, Brian. You stay in school like a good little boy... and be sure to pay extra attention in government class. You have a test next week.
usa 76

Los Angeles, CA

#13463 Aug 30, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
You stay in school like a good little boy... You have a test next week.
lol...since you're a lesbian, is this what your mother used to tell you? Dudes found you physically repulsive in high school, didn't they? Lol.... you are woman....hear you roar.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#13464 Aug 30, 2013
usa 76 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...since you're a lesbian, is this what your mother used to tell you? Dudes found you physically repulsive in high school, didn't they? Lol.... you are woman....hear you roar.
Not a lesbian, asssssume much? Not a woman, either.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#13465 Aug 30, 2013
Same sex marriage is good for lawyers and bad for Christians targeted, invited to serve a same sex wedding and honestly declining to participate. Shame on you for suing your neighbors!
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#13466 Aug 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is good for lawyers and bad for Christians targeted, invited to serve a same sex wedding and honestly declining to participate. Shame on you for suing your neighbors!
Shame on your neighbors for BREAKIN THE LAW!
usa 76

Los Angeles, CA

#13467 Aug 30, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a lesbian, asssssume much? Not a woman, either.
wow...you sound like a domineering woman....bet you've heard that a million times, huh Ross...I mean Rose...lol..? My heart goes out to your father....what a horrible burden for him to have a shameful excuse for a son...
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#13468 Aug 31, 2013
usa 76 wrote:
<quoted text>
wow...you sound like a domineering woman....bet you've heard that a million times, huh Ross...I mean Rose...lol..? My heart goes out to your father....what a horrible burden for him to have a shameful excuse for a son...
You and your vapid attempt to dump shame on me is HILARIOUS. Perhaps you need a fresh crystal ball because you are WAY OFF, Miss Cleo.
bob lewis

AOL

#13469 Aug 31, 2013
California ia a lunatic asylum populated by unfit parents and grand parents.

For more on the deteriorating mental, emotional, and spiritual condition of today's Calif parents and grand parents who gave what pass for Democrats in Calif the super majority.....

Google:

AB1266
nodice

Seattle, WA

#13470 Aug 31, 2013
Sure, let's teach kids about an abnormal behavior that, if practiced by everyone, would completely make extinct the human race in just three generations. Homosexuals are not normal people nor are they even normal life forms for that matter.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#13471 Aug 31, 2013
nodice wrote:
Sure, let's teach kids about an abnormal behavior that, if practiced by everyone, would completely make extinct the human race in just three generations. Homosexuals are not normal people nor are they even normal life forms for that matter.
Um.... who is advocating it be practiced by everyone? Oh, I see... just making stuff up to fan the flames.... that's normal... for idiots like you, is it?
usa 76

Los Angeles, CA

#13473 Aug 31, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>No? Really? Glad you told me, or I would have never known. Wake up fool, you're an idiot.
how is dorothy, the tin man, scarecrow and lion? Lol...

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#13476 Aug 31, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Um.... who is advocating it be practiced by everyone? Oh, I see... just making stuff up to fan the flames.... that's normal... for idiots like you, is it?
Hard to believe that silly excuse continues to be offered as if it is possible everyone could ever magically become gay.

Yet it also ignores that the desire to be parents and include children in your family is probably at least somewhat innate, as many gay people, especially women, demonstrate. Reproduction is easy, especially for women, and the imagination demonstrates the brain is the largest human sex organ, as Dr. Ruth reminded us frequently. Over 50,000 children are being raised by same sex couples in California alone. Where there is a will, there is a way, and gay people can and do reproduce.

So even if everyone was gay, the species would continue, but with only planned and wanted children, without the large group of unwanted accidental children who are frequently resented, abused, abandoned, or even killed by their opposite sex parents.
UTLA Teacher

AOL

#13477 Aug 31, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard to believe that silly excuse continues to be offered as if it is possible everyone could ever magically become gay.
Yet it also ignores that the desire to be parents and include children in your family is probably at least somewhat innate, as many gay people, especially women, demonstrate. Reproduction is easy, especially for women, and the imagination demonstrates the brain is the largest human sex organ, as Dr. Ruth reminded us frequently. Over 50,000 children are being raised by same sex couples in California alone. Where there is a will, there is a way, and gay people can and do reproduce.
So even if everyone was gay, the species would continue, but with only planned and wanted children, without the large group of unwanted accidental children who are frequently resented, abused, abandoned, or even killed by their opposite sex parents.
I agree. Parents should be able to teach their kids anything they choose. Most CA Parents are so lazy and self obsorbed that they don't even prepare their kids for the basics or civilize their children to the point of being able to respect themselves or their Teachers enough to get much of anything out of what pass for Schools in "urban" areas.

The Idea of forcing Schools to Teach Gay subjects is a complete waste of precious class room time and patently offensive. Using Public Schools to Sexualize children at 5 or 6 years old is dispicable.
usa 76

Los Angeles, CA

#13478 Aug 31, 2013
UTLA Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Parents should be able to teach their kids anything they choose. Most CA Parents are so lazy and self obsorbed that they don't even prepare their kids for the basics or civilize their children to the point of being able to respect themselves or their Teachers enough to get much of anything out of what pass for Schools in "urban" areas.
The Idea of forcing Schools to Teach Gay subjects is a complete waste of precious class room time and patently offensive. Using Public Schools to Sexualize children at 5 or 6 years old is dispicable.
Excellent post! The "urban" culture is plagued by parents not being involved in the lives of their children's learning the basic concept of respect and motivating them to excel. I don't believe it is the availability of resources provided by particular districts, but the parents' "inability" to guide them in the right direction. Thier "inability" to guide them is another problematic issue that gravely needs to he addressed.
usa 76

Los Angeles, CA

#13479 Sep 1, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so full of shit I bet your eyes are brown. You cannot prove one words of that post because it simply is NOT true.
One doesn't need scientific evidence to know and believe that an anal canal is an exit and not entrance. Some things in life is a given, if you took Geometry you would know that....Peace...
usa 76

Los Angeles, CA

#13480 Sep 1, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait.... you think there's no gays that play basketball???
ahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahahahaha
ahahahahahahaha
you are absolutely correct....forgot not about the WNBA...my bad..

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#13481 Sep 1, 2013
usa 76 wrote:
<quoted text>
One doesn't need scientific evidence to know and believe that an anal canal is an exit and not entrance. Some things in life is a given, if you took Geometry you would know that....Peace...
And yet we don't use your belief to deny equal rights to opposite sex couples who do the same things, and in greater numbers.

Yet not all gay women and men practice what you imagine. There are other options, and sex is not a requirement of marriage.

What a mutually consenting adult couple does or does not do in private is no business of yours nor of the government. At least the government now officially understands this.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#13482 Sep 1, 2013
UTLA Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Parents should be able to teach their kids anything they choose. Most CA Parents are so lazy and self obsorbed that they don't even prepare their kids for the basics or civilize their children to the point of being able to respect themselves or their Teachers enough to get much of anything out of what pass for Schools in "urban" areas.
The Idea of forcing Schools to Teach Gay subjects is a complete waste of precious class room time and patently offensive. Using Public Schools to Sexualize children at 5 or 6 years old is dispicable.
Teaching that families may include the opposite sex or the same sex, is not "sexualizing". Children are already aware on some level, of gender differences before they start school. Gender is a different issue from sexual behavior.

And they aren't "teaching gay subjects" beyond including the history of gay rights movement in the history of civil rights movements, and teaching tolerance for all of their fellow students, regardless of the makeup of the living situation of those fellow students.
Darby

Dallas, TX

#13483 Sep 1, 2013
UTLA Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
The Idea of forcing Schools to Teach Gay subjects is a complete waste of precious class room time and patently offensive. Using Public Schools to Sexualize children at 5 or 6 years old is dispicable.
Spot on!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Francisco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fulton, N.Y. DEADLY "JACKIE BLUE" plan upon Dia... 20 hr Dr Phil 6
Granby, N.Y. The DEADLY 5-21-15 links that are ... 20 hr Diana Vickery 8
Kixeye, online gaming company 21 hr Dissatisfied Cust... 1
Fulton, N.Y. The latest DEADLY MIND games and ... Mon Diana Vickery 3
Gabrielangelo Mon anonymous 74
News Hidden streets of Menlo Park: Croner Avenue Sun Hellary Clitass 4
News Pacifica: Chase ends in arrest of 7-Eleven robb... Sun Diamondfourtwenty 1

San Francisco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Francisco Mortgages