Teaching Gay History in California

Jul 9, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

California lawmakers on Tuesday sent the governor a bill that would make the state the first requiring public schools to include the contributions of gays and lesbians in social studies curriculum.

Comments
12,441 - 12,460 of 12,516 Comments Last updated Sep 7, 2013
goaacdfdf

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

youtube.com/watch... Wheres the Beef?
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>When the lies are truth or if they harm nobody.
Tell the truth about California's radical new social policies. That's argument enough.
Keep marriage as is, one man and one woman.
It's already changed, Brian. 10 YEARS. It's not going away. You are going to have to deal with it like a big boy.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, children used to be able to compete and take risks in school, now we have zero tolerance. Too many children aren't graduating; at least they aren't as thoroughly indoctrinated.
That's no excuse, Brian. You stay in school like a good little boy... and be sure to pay extra attention in government class. You have a test next week.
usa 76

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
You stay in school like a good little boy... You have a test next week.
lol...since you're a lesbian, is this what your mother used to tell you? Dudes found you physically repulsive in high school, didn't they? Lol.... you are woman....hear you roar.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

usa 76 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...since you're a lesbian, is this what your mother used to tell you? Dudes found you physically repulsive in high school, didn't they? Lol.... you are woman....hear you roar.
Not a lesbian, asssssume much? Not a woman, either.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Same sex marriage is good for lawyers and bad for Christians targeted, invited to serve a same sex wedding and honestly declining to participate. Shame on you for suing your neighbors!
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is good for lawyers and bad for Christians targeted, invited to serve a same sex wedding and honestly declining to participate. Shame on you for suing your neighbors!
Shame on your neighbors for BREAKIN THE LAW!
usa 76

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a lesbian, asssssume much? Not a woman, either.
wow...you sound like a domineering woman....bet you've heard that a million times, huh Ross...I mean Rose...lol..? My heart goes out to your father....what a horrible burden for him to have a shameful excuse for a son...
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

usa 76 wrote:
<quoted text>
wow...you sound like a domineering woman....bet you've heard that a million times, huh Ross...I mean Rose...lol..? My heart goes out to your father....what a horrible burden for him to have a shameful excuse for a son...
You and your vapid attempt to dump shame on me is HILARIOUS. Perhaps you need a fresh crystal ball because you are WAY OFF, Miss Cleo.
bob lewis

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

California ia a lunatic asylum populated by unfit parents and grand parents.

For more on the deteriorating mental, emotional, and spiritual condition of today's Calif parents and grand parents who gave what pass for Democrats in Calif the super majority.....

Google:

AB1266
nodice

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Sure, let's teach kids about an abnormal behavior that, if practiced by everyone, would completely make extinct the human race in just three generations. Homosexuals are not normal people nor are they even normal life forms for that matter.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

nodice wrote:
Sure, let's teach kids about an abnormal behavior that, if practiced by everyone, would completely make extinct the human race in just three generations. Homosexuals are not normal people nor are they even normal life forms for that matter.
Um.... who is advocating it be practiced by everyone? Oh, I see... just making stuff up to fan the flames.... that's normal... for idiots like you, is it?
usa 76

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>No? Really? Glad you told me, or I would have never known. Wake up fool, you're an idiot.
how is dorothy, the tin man, scarecrow and lion? Lol...

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Um.... who is advocating it be practiced by everyone? Oh, I see... just making stuff up to fan the flames.... that's normal... for idiots like you, is it?
Hard to believe that silly excuse continues to be offered as if it is possible everyone could ever magically become gay.

Yet it also ignores that the desire to be parents and include children in your family is probably at least somewhat innate, as many gay people, especially women, demonstrate. Reproduction is easy, especially for women, and the imagination demonstrates the brain is the largest human sex organ, as Dr. Ruth reminded us frequently. Over 50,000 children are being raised by same sex couples in California alone. Where there is a will, there is a way, and gay people can and do reproduce.

So even if everyone was gay, the species would continue, but with only planned and wanted children, without the large group of unwanted accidental children who are frequently resented, abused, abandoned, or even killed by their opposite sex parents.
UTLA Teacher

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard to believe that silly excuse continues to be offered as if it is possible everyone could ever magically become gay.
Yet it also ignores that the desire to be parents and include children in your family is probably at least somewhat innate, as many gay people, especially women, demonstrate. Reproduction is easy, especially for women, and the imagination demonstrates the brain is the largest human sex organ, as Dr. Ruth reminded us frequently. Over 50,000 children are being raised by same sex couples in California alone. Where there is a will, there is a way, and gay people can and do reproduce.
So even if everyone was gay, the species would continue, but with only planned and wanted children, without the large group of unwanted accidental children who are frequently resented, abused, abandoned, or even killed by their opposite sex parents.
I agree. Parents should be able to teach their kids anything they choose. Most CA Parents are so lazy and self obsorbed that they don't even prepare their kids for the basics or civilize their children to the point of being able to respect themselves or their Teachers enough to get much of anything out of what pass for Schools in "urban" areas.

The Idea of forcing Schools to Teach Gay subjects is a complete waste of precious class room time and patently offensive. Using Public Schools to Sexualize children at 5 or 6 years old is dispicable.
usa 76

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

UTLA Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Parents should be able to teach their kids anything they choose. Most CA Parents are so lazy and self obsorbed that they don't even prepare their kids for the basics or civilize their children to the point of being able to respect themselves or their Teachers enough to get much of anything out of what pass for Schools in "urban" areas.
The Idea of forcing Schools to Teach Gay subjects is a complete waste of precious class room time and patently offensive. Using Public Schools to Sexualize children at 5 or 6 years old is dispicable.
Excellent post! The "urban" culture is plagued by parents not being involved in the lives of their children's learning the basic concept of respect and motivating them to excel. I don't believe it is the availability of resources provided by particular districts, but the parents' "inability" to guide them in the right direction. Thier "inability" to guide them is another problematic issue that gravely needs to he addressed.
usa 76

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so full of shit I bet your eyes are brown. You cannot prove one words of that post because it simply is NOT true.
One doesn't need scientific evidence to know and believe that an anal canal is an exit and not entrance. Some things in life is a given, if you took Geometry you would know that....Peace...
usa 76

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait.... you think there's no gays that play basketball???
ahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahahahaha
ahahahahahahaha
you are absolutely correct....forgot not about the WNBA...my bad..

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

usa 76 wrote:
<quoted text>
One doesn't need scientific evidence to know and believe that an anal canal is an exit and not entrance. Some things in life is a given, if you took Geometry you would know that....Peace...
And yet we don't use your belief to deny equal rights to opposite sex couples who do the same things, and in greater numbers.

Yet not all gay women and men practice what you imagine. There are other options, and sex is not a requirement of marriage.

What a mutually consenting adult couple does or does not do in private is no business of yours nor of the government. At least the government now officially understands this.

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

UTLA Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Teaching that families may include the opposite sex or the same sex, is not "sexualizing". Children are already aware on some level, of gender differences before they start school. Gender is a different issue from sexual behavior.

And they aren't "teaching gay subjects" beyond including the history of gay rights movement in the history of civil rights movements, and teaching tolerance for all of their fellow students, regardless of the makeup of the living situation of those fellow students.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the San Francisco Forum right now

Search the San Francisco Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr anonymous 52,757
$76M OK'd for Golden Gate suicide barrier 4 hr Seniordating 26
Chick-fil-A Vallejo Location Faces Opposition 8 hr ritedownthemiddle 222
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 9 hr toushia 200,347
Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 22 hr snodder 2,252
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sun Twilight sun 7,848
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sun Facts facts 15,927
•••
•••

San Francisco News Video

•••
•••

San Francisco Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

San Francisco People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE