Teaching Gay History in California

Jul 9, 2011 Full story: EDGE 12,515

California lawmakers on Tuesday sent the governor a bill that would make the state the first requiring public schools to include the contributions of gays and lesbians in social studies curriculum.

Full Story

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#13390 Mar 17, 2013
Quest wrote:
So, prove that every man in the town was sexually attracted to the angels, down to the last male child, and that rape and sexual attraction are the same thing in the eyes of God. You will need to prove that every male in that town was gay.
Then, define exactly how the original word for "to know" is used throughout the bible, and see if it means sex or rape in every instance it is used.
Then, prove that rape and sex are the same things.
Finally, prove that straight males have never, though-out history, raped other males to prove dominance.
You will need to study all of these avenues if you want to prove that the lines you posted have anything to do with gay folks.
Come back with the results of your studies and we will talk.
I'm not going to debate the bible; I merely provided a quote that contradicted another poster.
Big Bill No Pay Today

Sonoma, CA

#13391 Mar 18, 2013
Prunella PP wrote:
<quoted text>
`
You are so right. I never had dealings with these people but I was the only agent waiting at the open house and there was nobody there so when they came to the door I let them in and then they removed all the rugs and pictures and took some kind of electrical stuff and asked me to sign a bunch of receipts and I didnt want to but they were big BIG and so did sign them as Washington Irving and they didnt note or care. Teaching at home would be nice in a place like that but I didnt go back after that mess or leave a card and I dont know if I wanmt to teach homosex stuff at home as the neighbors might find that too damn much. What would the teaching aids be like and would I have to show movies or demopnstrate or what the heck would homework be like and how would you grade it? I dont have any kids to speak of that I think would benefit from this and I think you may be a sicko to suggest doing stuff like that at home with impressionable students of any age unless you are a perv which is your right under the second amendment or so. Stop calling as there is nothing I can do.
`
What do you mean? You cant teach unless gods word is there with you and you have creatinism also in there. You are wrong. Tha is the truth as god knows it and so should you so is that is too also the way.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#13392 Mar 20, 2013
With gay history on the curriculum, we should be raking one step closer to educating the future economists, rocket scientists and innovators we need to remain competitive in future.

I am likewise convinced no funding will be spared here, sequester or not..
ruggug

Pittsburgh, PA

#13393 Mar 22, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
Dramatic Irony is Hard,do you think?
jose III

AOL

#13396 Mar 30, 2013
i am sure you are aware of the that grossly over paid Californian politician ,...who currently makes over $400,000.00 a year --

imagine this -
she will soon retire at approximately $370,000.00 a year ,...
for the rest of her life ----

she gets " married " to a young 19 year old lesbian prostitute ,..who specialized in aging & over weight dried up dykes ,..

the young prostitute will soon inherit and collect tens of millions of Californians tax dollars ,...for the rest of her life ,..simply by 'servicing' a repulsive , over - the- hill , overweight lesbian in her last years ,...
chicken choke

AOL

#13397 Apr 10, 2013

Each witness testified they were fearful Blakely's driving would cause an accident.

"He was taking his hand, wetting his mouth, and masturbating," Sturgill said.

"At over 90 miles per hour, he had his penis out [the window]... he was masturbating... and that's when it got really, really bad. I wouldn't look over any more, and I wrote his tag number down on my hand, which I believe he noticed, and he exited very quickly," Street said.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#13398 Apr 11, 2013
Same sex marriage is bad because it's taboo. Instead of suing your neighbors, why not try to learn something of your culture? Just saying...
africhaiti

United States

#13400 May 6, 2013
men elongate
Adam n Eve not Steve

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#13403 Aug 24, 2013
I don't think one is "born" a homosexual. It is nurtured.

The common denominator amongst lesbians is, at a very young age, they endured constant verbal, physical or sexual abuse from a father or father figure or a close male family member.

The common denominator amongst gay men is a combination of growing up with a domineering/dominant mother or mother figures and, absent or passive fathers.

Born that way? I don't think so!
Adam n Eve not Steve

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#13404 Aug 24, 2013
TomInElPaso wrote:
You'll be in the going to hell line first since you choose to judge others while you have a log in your own eye.
<quoted text>
Just curious, did your father play any sports with you growing up? Judging by your photo, I don't think so. You ended up tryin-out for cheerleader didn't you. You shake that skirt girl! lol...
Adam n Eve not Steve

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#13405 Aug 24, 2013
lol..@TominElPaso...my sincere apologies. I know several gay guys and that's the way they talk. Anyways, I am not focusing on the "evilness" of homosexuality. No-one is born gay. Somewhere and sometime at a young age, the natural design of a father and mother to raise emotionally healthy children to become heterosexual was skewed. A sexually abused girl by a trusted and authoritative male figure has dire consequences. As does, a boy, who may not have what society sees as normal masculine attributes, whose only example is a dominating mother and an absent/passive father can only make matters very confusing for the male child. Then both male and female children yearn for same sex affection because they don't know how to channel their emotions towards learning to be attracted to the opposite sex.

That is the core issue. Not some gene in their brain!

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#13406 Aug 24, 2013
Adam n Eve not Steve wrote:
I don't think...
You weren't born a flaming idiot sweetie, it was just an unfortunate lifestyle choice on your part. Have you told your parents, or are you still in the closet trying to figure out how to work the doorknob? Basically sweetie, spare us from what you have confused for informed insight, you are a badly misinformed tool.

El Paso, TX

#13407 Aug 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Just curious, did your father play any sports with you growing up? Judging by your photo, I don't think so. You ended up tryin-out for cheerleader didn't you. You shake that skirt girl! lol...
Your attempt at using misrepresented stereotypes clearly show your lack of intelligence. Go back under your rock, or better still make sure your cemetery plot is paid for.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#13408 Aug 25, 2013
fr Adam n Eve not Steve:

>... No-one is born gay....<

Wrong.
Adam n Eve not Steve

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#13409 Aug 26, 2013
The bottom line is, a man's attraction to another man is his desire to have had affirmation, guidance, acceptance and approval from his father. If a young boy is not lovingly guided by a father, who loves his son unconditionally, his sexual attraction to other men is just the fruition of his yearning to have had the unconditional love of his dad. If a father verbally emasculates his young son at home, then the he believes the taunting of the other boys in school. Then believes he is different. He grows up "thinking" he was born that way! Sorry, people, one is not born gay. It's the fact that a boy did not have the proper guidance of a dad who should have loved him unconditionally. A controlling and domineering mother adds to the equation.

@TomInElpaso. Your father should have accepted you, unconditionally, when you were a young boy despite not being athletic! It would have been different for you, and you know that! Peace.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#13410 Aug 26, 2013
The bottom line is, a man's attraction to another man is his desire to have had affirmation, guidance, acceptance and approval from his father. If a young boy is not lovingly guided by a father, who loves his son unconditionally, his sexual attraction to other men is just the fruition of his yearning to have had the unconditional love of his dad. If a father verbally emasculates his young son at home, then the he believes the taunting of the other boys in school. Then believes he is different. He grows up "thinking" he was born that way! Sorry, people, one is not born gay. It's the fact that a boy did not have the proper guidance of a dad who should have loved him unconditionally. A controlling and domineering mother adds to the equation.
Horseshit. Parenting skills or lack of them have NOTHING to do with determining sexual orientation. Stop spreading lies!
Adam n Eve not Steve

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#13411 Aug 26, 2013
A father is also pivotal in the psychological development of his young daughters also. A young girl, sexually abused, by a father -or male authoritative figure -, is a common denominator. Also, if a father verbally abuses his daughter of being unattractive, overweight, or anything less than the "apple of his eye" why in the world would she grow up attracted to men? She feels defeminized. High school, is a tough place as it is and is for the pretty and popular. If a young girl does not have that unconditional compassion and acceptance, from her dad, her yearning for other women becomes fills that void. When a father calls his daughter, "ugly" or things much worse, you may well as killed her soul. Hence, why the "butch" look? Hello!

You weren't born that way ladies. It's the lack of experiencing the unconditional love of a dad, who was created and "designed" to love his daughter like his princess, despite not having society's stereotypical features of "pretty".

One is NOT born gay, and y'all know that!

this one

#13412 Aug 26, 2013
The bottom line is...
The real bottom line is that there isn't one solitary shred of evidence to substantiate your whimsical claims, which were rejected by the scientific community years ago. You can believe that nonsense all you want, but the only person you're going to be able to fool with it is yourself.

this one

#13413 Aug 26, 2013
One is NOT born gay, and y'all know that!
Actually dumpling, no one is born a malinformed bigot, it was just an unfortunate lifestyle choice on your part. The consensus among real scientists, is that sexual orientation is an innate trait, which result from different genetic and biological factors.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#13414 Aug 26, 2013
Ironically, much of the body of research showing orientation is not a choice, comes from failed efforts to change it. Those faied efforts have even included torture. These faile attempts have shown efforts to change orientation are not successful. Additionally they have been shown they are often harmful to the point of self destructive behavior including suicide.

"Contrary to claims of sexual orientation change advocates and practitioners, there is insufficient evidence to support the use of psychological interventions to change sexual orientation," said Judith M. Glassgold, PsyD, chair of the task force. "Scientifically rigorous older studies in this area found that sexual orientation was unlikely to change due to efforts designed for this purpose. Contrary to the claims of SOCE practitioners and advocates, recent research studies do not provide evidence of sexual orientation change as the research methods are inadequate to determine the effectiveness of these interventions." Glassgold added: "At most, certain studies suggested that some individuals learned how to ignore or not act on their homosexual attractions. Yet, these studies did not indicate for whom this was possible, how long it lasted or its long-term mental health effects. Also, this result was much less likely to be true for people who started out only attracted to people of the same sex."

Based on this review, the task force recommended that mental health professionals avoid misrepresenting the efficacy of sexual orientation change efforts when providing assistance to people distressed about their own or others' sexual orientation.

Insufficient Evidence that Sexual Orientation Change Efforts Work, Says [American Psychological Association]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Francisco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Study Suggests But Doesn't Prove Genetic Link t... 4 hr Frankie Rizzo 282
Gay marriage (Mar '13) Tue KiMerde 56,692
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Nov 24 harry singh 374
Santa Cruz nonprofit hosts pelican documentary ... Nov 23 ANON 2
University tuition increases adopted in California Nov 23 Ace McMillan 2
California's reaction to Obama's impending immi... Nov 22 scirocco 24
Lending Club Nov 20 Kat Gothartongue 2

Flood Warning for San Francisco County was issued at November 26 at 12:43PM PST

San Francisco News Video

San Francisco Dating