SF gay pride event celebrates 40th an...

SF gay pride event celebrates 40th anniversary

There are 114 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Jun 27, 2010, titled SF gay pride event celebrates 40th anniversary. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

A member of the Mike's on Bike rides his bike nude down Market Street during the San Francisco's 39th annual gay pride parade on in this June 28, 2009 file photo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

Tony

Oroville, CA

#413 Jul 17, 2010
Statement wrote:
<quoted text>They don't take kids. Even the picture shows they have kids at it.
Please read carefully, the comment said "then don't take kids" not "they don't take kids."

“Raising money for Prop H8!”

Since: Feb 09

AOL

#415 Jul 17, 2010
ATeam wrote:
I am a California native who has seen his state hijacked by the gay mafia.Since SF is a beautiful city why should I hide? On the other hand a guy could get hurt in an intolerant city like SF if he is not careful. The Hetero bashing is common place here. We are called breeders and haters when we don't want to watch two men simulating certain acts in public. Maybe the fruitcakes will move back to Chicago and New York where they came from and leave the rest of us alone. I am a warrior in the front line of the culture wars in California.Too bad most of the closets have been torn out of houses in the Golden state.
<quoted text>
This fruitcake has been in San Francisco 22 years and I ain't leavin.

Oh well.... Maybe you could move to Iowa??? OPPS they have gay marriage there....

Oh well Washington DC has great restaurants there....

Nope Gay marriage there too... OK Huntsville, Alabama sounds perfect for you.

I will even stand at the corner of 18th and Castro and collect donations for your bus ticket there....

Then we will all go down to the Transbay Terminal and bid you farewell.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#416 Jul 17, 2010
Light wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I was intolerant of gays or atheists but you seem to be intolerant of me. Just proves my point.
Topix must have agreed your a bigot because all of those posts are gone!

Muahahahahahaha

Location hidden

#417 Jul 17, 2010
uh you're

“Loving kindness is my religion”

Since: Jun 10

New Orleans, LA

#418 Jul 17, 2010
Vitto wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Mardi Gras takes place every year - would you take your kid there?
Silly, there are STRAIGHT people at Mardi Gras showing naughty body parts, so it's okay!

Just like it's okay for straight US senators and representatives to get caught with opposite-sex hookers and then be "forgiven."

The problem that these people have is with gays and that for them, "gay secks is icky!"
hal

Maringouin, LA

#419 Jul 26, 2010
for sacgary:::first you arent a gay but a queer.look up the definitions in dictionary and see which one fits.maybe you have your own dicktionary.out of all those people you spied one ugly penis.guess you should know from your experience what is considered ugly.you are the scum of the earth and i hope your ass hole grows together.what a burden that would be on you!
Ben

Olive Branch, MS

#420 Jul 26, 2010
ATeam wrote:
I am a California native who has seen his state hijacked by the gay mafia.Since SF is a beautiful city why should I hide? On the other hand a guy could get hurt in an intolerant city like SF if he is not careful. The Hetero bashing is common place here. We are called breeders and haters when we don't want to watch two men simulating certain acts in public. Maybe the fruitcakes will move back to Chicago and New York where they came from and leave the rest of us alone. I am a warrior in the front line of the culture wars in California.Too bad most of the closets have been torn out of houses in the Golden state.
<quoted text>
I totally agree. I don't want to see hetero simulating certain acts.
Ben

Olive Branch, MS

#421 Jul 26, 2010
why do they feel the need in having a parade? do heteros need to have a parade?

“Raising money for Prop H8!”

Since: Feb 09

Gurnee, IL

#422 Jul 26, 2010
Ben wrote:
So we can give a college education to Constance McMillian paid for with tax dollars from the citizens of Mississippi.

We want to celebrate her win over bigotry.

Location hidden

#423 Jul 27, 2010
Ben wrote:
More than one hetero parade at Mardi Gras. In fact there are 2 f*ing weeks of them.
Harry Brown

York, PA

#424 Jul 27, 2010
Hey A team. America is for everybody, even bigots like yourself for instance. You must be a born again Christian because you have the usual tolerance for people unlike yourself or maybe you are a Republican who dost protest too much? Get somebody to explain that to you because you won't understand the reference.

Since: Mar 08

Daly City, CA

#425 Jul 27, 2010
Gays wouldn't even be here if it weren't for heteros. There is no room for Elitists in society, not even gay ones.

“Proud to be Mahu”

Since: Sep 07

Sacramento, CA

#426 Jul 28, 2010
Statement wrote:
<quoted text>We did see some of the floats and the lack of clad young men in positions that were inappropriate. We then went to another direction for the rest of the day. My Uncle and Aunt lived in the area and they saw it before and said that it was horrible for anyone to see such distaste and defaming of the human form. This parade has been going on for years. That was about 25 years ago. Hopefully more appropriate behavior and restrictions have been placed on parade attenders and parade organizers. SF is a beautiful city.
I have a friend who is gay and he would not be seen at the parade. I think that speaks volumes.
Ummmhmmm.. you saw some men in speedos and tighty-whities grinding... ooooh! Ever been on a beach? You'll probably see more skin there. Your problem is that you are not comfortable with the human body -- your problem, not ours.
And yes, we know -- every homophobe has "a gay friend" or three. Funny how none of us have bigots for friends... how does that work?

“Posers Beware Of My P.H.D.”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#427 Jul 31, 2013
*flushes gay pride down the rotten smelly toilet of hell where they need to be forever*
Sergi

Chico, CA

#428 Aug 2, 2013
ATeam wrote:
<quoted text>
Russia, the site of the 2014 Winter Olympics, is making headlines with a recent announcement that the country plans to enforce what is being called an anti-gay law when the 22nd games come to Sochi in February 2014. The recent law calls for a ban on gay rights activism. Well, comrade Ateam, maybe it's time for us go home.
Gay Hater

United States

#429 Aug 7, 2013
40 years of left wing liberal ky jelly mentality. They like that.
Progun

United States

#430 Aug 8, 2013
I sure am sick and tired of gays acting like victims. Everyone is equal, right gays? That being said, stfu and quit dancing in the street naked in front of kids, those gay people give the REASONABLE gay people a bad name. I don't parade my wife in front of thousands of other pervs!
Gay Hater

Berkeley Springs, WV

#431 Aug 8, 2013
Progun wrote:
I sure am sick and tired of gays acting like victims. Everyone is equal, right gays? That being said, stfu and quit dancing in the street naked in front of kids, those gay people give the REASONABLE gay people a bad name. I don't parade my wife in front of thousands of other pervs!
I agree.
Rainbow power squad

South Gate, CA

#433 Aug 21, 2013
My name is dave johnson. I'm fully gay well more bisexual now but I love my men. I'm adeputy with the LA County Sheriff's dept. And proud to be above the law. We should have more parades for gays bisexuals and transexuals. One of my lovers mike cohen is also with me although we have a rocky relationship. We need more gay deputies n police all over the world. Tuttles

“Never go to my youtube channel”

Since: Sep 13

United Kingdom

#434 Sep 12, 2013
Woohoo for gay parade!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Francisco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Naming Ship for Queer a Brilliant Move! 4 hr Shabadoo 3
Kaepernick leave the USA 7 hr Jim 25
News 93,000 people voluntarily left Japan for North ... 13 hr rebbe Holmstead 2
Kaperdick 49 ers 19 hr What a JOKE 10
Boycott 49ers 22 hr Carl 1
Low life Mon Hate this 1
MFFM papa got shot. Mon Preacher 1

San Francisco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance