Baggy pants lead to players arrest at...

Baggy pants lead to players arrest at airport [9:45 a.m.]

There are 51 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jun 16, 2011, titled Baggy pants lead to players arrest at airport [9:45 a.m.]. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Police say a University of New Mexico football player's saggy pants led to his arrest at San Francisco International Airport.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sic

Fort Defiance, AZ

#1 Jun 16, 2011
So this is how you are suppose to dress for the funeral with your a/s/s showing, wow, he has to be a black football player.
Nunya

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Jun 16, 2011
No one said he'd been dressed like that at a funeral. And it certainly does NOT mean he's black.
What

Bloomfield, NM

#3 Jun 16, 2011
And yet, he is black
Nunya wrote:
No one said he'd been dressed like that at a funeral. And it certainly does NOT mean he's black.
Geez

Santa Fe, NM

#4 Jun 16, 2011
Well anyway...what a great way to represent our state, NMSU and himself. Acting like a spoiled brat, gangster. Grow up and grow some!! The buttzz showing days are done now, pull up your pants morons. The rest of us don't want to see your nasty buttz cracks anymore.
New Mexican

Reno, NV

#5 Jun 16, 2011
I don't care what color they are: I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR SHORT OR YOUR BUTTCRACK YOU BOZO! Pull up your stupid pants.
SickoSag

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Jun 16, 2011
If these guys realized how ridiculous they looked walking along with their underwear showing, they would go out immediately and buy themselves some appropriate fitting pants and wear them the way they are intended to be worn! Some of them wear them so low, the belt loops are all the way underneath the cheeks! So we don't just see SOME of the unerwear, we see ALL of it! I don't see how the pants don't fall off. And then to watch them try to walk is hysterical. They have to keep pulling them up every few steps so that they don't fall off. And the crotch of the pants is at the knees so that they can't spread their legs far enough apart to put one foot in front of the other. They shuffle along taking really short steps. It looks utterly ridiculous! I so wish this fad would fade! Another thing they need to realize is that a large portion of the population has an immediate negative reaction to them as a person. It has nothing to do with race. I am an educator and I don't care if it's a native kid, an African American kid, an Anglo, or a hispanic kid, I would be lying if I said I did not judge that young man negatively for his wardrobe choices. It's no different than when I see a young woman wearing something really revealing. It registers in my brain that that person is immature and unprofessional and needs to think about the way they dress for what it is: a reflection of who they are as an individual and they WILL be judged accordingly. Sorry, but that's the way our society is!

By the way, sagging first became popular as a way for gangsters on the outside to honor and respect their brothers on the inside who were sagging in their jailhouse pants in prison. And now we have parents who allow their 5-year-olds to do it because it's just so darn cool and cute! God help us!
Nunya

Santa Fe, NM

#7 Jun 16, 2011
I just now saw an article with photo and, yes, the guy is black. Still in all, there seems to be a lot of people who spend a lot of time in the forums judging others.
Jonny

Rio Rancho, NM

#8 Jun 16, 2011
thats what we tell these young idiots all the time! Pull up your pants! Nobody wants to see half your a-s-s hanging out for the whole world to see! what is wrong with these young dumbA's these days? These yougsters have a bad reputation of being angry, rude, self-centered, momma's boys and now--- horrible dressers
tsktsktsk

Fruitland, NM

#9 Jun 16, 2011
SickoSag wrote:
By the way, sagging first became popular as a way for gangsters on the outside to honor and respect their brothers on the inside who were sagging in their jailhouse pants in prison.
uh. no.
saggin and braggin

United States

#10 Jun 16, 2011
tsktsktsk wrote:
<quoted text>
uh. no.
I agree with you...it actually started in prison as a way to advertise that you were willing to become an inmates girlfriend.

I often tell kids that and the pants come up real quick!
YOUNG DUDE

Farmington, NM

#11 Jun 16, 2011
Good!
Lobos bag my groceries

Birmingham, AL

#12 Jun 16, 2011
Geez wrote:
Well anyway...what a great way to represent our state, NMSU and himself.

Hey Don't drag down NMSU like that....He was from UNM bunch of hobos
Hmmmm

United States

#13 Jun 16, 2011
The whole big thing could have been avoiding by just pulling his pants up when they asked him the first time, but then again, he wouldn't been able to cry "you are picking on me becuase I'm black".

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#14 Jun 16, 2011
Nunya wrote:
I just now saw an article with photo and, yes, the guy is black. Still in all, there seems to be a lot of people who spend a lot of time in the forums judging others.
were you surprised to find out he was black?
Rayshwan

United States

#15 Jun 16, 2011
Nunya wrote:
Still it wasn't a longshot to guess the guy's race was it. There's nothing wrong or judgmental about the post.
Hey

Farmington, NM

#16 Jun 16, 2011
And yet "mamma" says he was racially profiled. Whatever. Her comments alone are racist, which was demonstrated in her interview. Why can't she take responsibility for the actions of her son? Once again, it's the long arm of "white" law that's pursecuting her son. Get over yourself Shaneekwa and take responsibility. Your homeboy son messed up. End of story.
GottaLoveSanJuan County

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Jun 16, 2011
Nunya wrote:
Yes, it's easy for cowards to come on here and pretend they have the right to put down and bully others. I'd rather be associated with a youth who wears his pants low *as ridiculous as that is and yes it bugs me to see it* than spend a minute of my day with most of the bigots and bullies that stalk this forum.
a pollock

Cedar Crest, NM

#19 Jun 16, 2011
i think that the reason that they wear there pants so low is becouse they have sh--t in them and dont want to set down in it. just anouther way of showing how lazy they are
Tarique

Rio Rancho, NM

#20 Jun 16, 2011
Itz dayt de was gibben him da dog yo. Ahyeet
must

Whiteriver, AZ

#21 Jun 16, 2011
should of been white and actn black maybe they would of just let it go or was he black actn white and the security got mad hahahhahahhaahhah.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Francisco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kaepernick leave the USA 7 hr !!! 7
They shouldnt allow doctors from India to do me... 12 hr Inquisitor 4
News Navy names ship after gay rights advocate Harve... 12 hr Aron 204
News Naked activists parade in San Francisco's Haigh... 13 hr Sammy 1
Kaperdick 49 ers 15 hr NolongeraNinersfan 2
Gabrielangelo 15 hr anonymous 85
Science: No Such Thing as a "Transgendered" Pe... Fri Inquisitor 3

San Francisco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance