Craigslist allows malicious flagging ...

Craigslist allows malicious flagging - using CL is a pain in the _____ now

Posted in the San Francisco Forum

parkdeer

Arverne, NY

#1 Jul 18, 2013
Basically CL will be dead in 5 years because it is not doing anything about crazy flaggers who know how to remove whatever ad they don't like.

CL seems to condone this type of censorship of its system by flunkies who have too much time on their hands.

Basically, they don't have any engineers at CL who know what the hell they are doing.

The CL system is being gamed over and over again - if someone can just put up an alternative CL, the actual CL would go under in a year.

Hint hint hint - it's time somebody did the CL thing the right way.

Do it and people will literally jump from Cl to your new system.
Bret

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Sep 13, 2013
I believe the very obvious and oh-so-easily-implemented solution to greatly reduce malicious flagging is CAPTCHA. It's used in other parts of CL, why not added to the flagging link?

Are these losers who have nothing better to do with their lives than to constantly flag really going to sit there and CAPTCHA every little thing? No. Someone is only going to go through that if they think it is worth the trouble.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Francisco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MFFM papa got shot. 35 min Preacher 1
Kaepernick leave the USA 56 min Inquisitor 22
Kaperdick 49 ers 2 hr you disrespectful... 6
News Navy names ship after gay rights advocate Harve... 12 hr Frankie Rizzo 209
They shouldnt allow doctors from India to do me... Sat Inquisitor 4
News Naked activists parade in San Francisco's Haigh... Sat Sammy 1
Gabrielangelo Aug 27 anonymous 85

San Francisco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance