Santa Cruz council candidate Craig Ca...

Santa Cruz council candidate Craig Canada seeks to improve services for homeless, medical marijua...

There are 142 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Oct 4, 2008, titled Santa Cruz council candidate Craig Canada seeks to improve services for homeless, medical marijua.... In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

J. Craig Canada said he is running for the Santa Cruz City Council because, while living on the streets for three years, he had difficulty finding help and shelter as a medical marijuana patient.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
freerentforjunki es

United States

#2 Oct 4, 2008
The TROLL TICKET...
Brian

Plymouth, MA

#3 Oct 4, 2008
He'll have 100% of the drum circle cockroach vote.
George

Foster City, CA

#4 Oct 4, 2008
Dont you have to have brain cells to run for office. Perhaps in SC, just follow the progressive script so this dude will fit right in.
R U Kidding

San Francisco, CA

#5 Oct 4, 2008
Please, please, please go back and read some of his hysterical posts in the Sentinel's forum. I have seen many people down on their luck that are willing to do what they need to start on the path to recovery. Craig will have none of that, preferring instead to scream "Go to H*ll" at anyone who attempts to help him (as I have done). He lives in a world of his own creation, where he is somehow deserving of the things the rest of us have to work for (laptop computers, internet access, etc.). He complains non-stop about Santa Cruz, but refuses bus tickets, plane tickets, carpools, etc., out of town. I have yet to read where he's accepted anyone's offer of help with even a smidgin of graciousness. Life is too short to feel sorry for yourself for the duration. Get over yourself!
pat kittle

United States

#6 Oct 4, 2008
Brian wrote:
He'll have 100% of the drum circle cockroach vote.
dearest jerkwad. as a drum circle regular i am neither a bum nor a cockroach. i probably make more money than you do, and probably spend more downtown..........what exactly do you do for society other than talk shit???
Freebie

Castro Valley, CA

#7 Oct 4, 2008
I think Canada would be an appropriate addition to the Santa Cruz City Council. After all,according the the newspaper profile he has past experience at spitting in people's faces, and isn't that what the council regularly does to the public?
pat kittle

United States

#8 Oct 4, 2008
R U Kidding wrote:
Please, please, please go back and read some of his hysterical posts in the Sentinel's forum. I have seen many people down on their luck that are willing to do what they need to start on the path to recovery. Craig will have none of that, preferring instead to scream "Go to H*ll" at anyone who attempts to help him (as I have done). He lives in a world of his own creation, where he is somehow deserving of the things the rest of us have to work for (laptop computers, internet access, etc.). He complains non-stop about Santa Cruz, but refuses bus tickets, plane tickets, carpools, etc., out of town. I have yet to read where he's accepted anyone's offer of help with even a smidgin of graciousness. Life is too short to feel sorry for yourself for the duration. Get over yourself!
the problem with people like you is that you think you are helping someone, when really all you are doing is trying to control them, obviously you could not help psb to behave in the way that you would wish. i bet you tried to help him leave town, even though he would rather stay. i bet you tried to help him stop using his medicine, only he didnt want that sort of help. others helped him by getting him indoors, which was the kind of help he needed. he i disabled. i guess that means he is worthless to you. you probably want him to get a job, as if you believe he never worked........he was an accountant. you probably want him on psych meds. guess what psych meds do not work for everyone, some cannot handle the side effects,, you need to mind your own business, and quit trying to tell others around you how to live........because it isnt helping.
pat kittle

United States

#9 Oct 4, 2008
and steallllling kittle's name is tons of fun, wooohooooo
Toll_Free

Tehachapi, CA

#10 Oct 4, 2008
Yes, elect a BUM (his name, given to himself when he selected the moniker PalmSpringsBUM) to city council.

Not to mention, one who has no residence.

This is grand. Good luck, Craigy Weggy.

--Toll_Free
Born and Raised

New Albany, MS

#11 Oct 4, 2008
"I really feel there's something wrong here, and it isn't me," he said.

RIIIIIIGHT! Geeze.....what the f is going on here? Good Luck Santa Cruz...your gonna need it.
Valley Boy

Castro Valley, CA

#12 Oct 4, 2008
pat kittle wrote:
and steallllling kittle's name is tons of fun, wooohooooo
If you want to have fun with a greater challenge, try to count your toes more than once and get the same total. After reading your posts, I suspect that will keep you busy the rest of the day, and stop the littering of this site with your brain droppings.
Go craig

United States

#15 Oct 4, 2008
Just like the Senile to put out such trash. Why not do a sit down interview with him. I hope they give him a chance to respond in an editorial.

Craig admits to having a mental disorder. I understand how this effects people. He does too. Its about time we get someone in office who understands how screwed up the mental health is here. Craig, like me, was screwed up from a prescribed medicine. Correct me if I am wrong Craig. My guess is, like me he got Seratonin Toxicity. I would not wish that on my worst enemy. The only thing that helps me is Marijuana, although I have to eat it. I have seen Craig without his meds and he has a very valid reason for needing them. He has made some good points and I think will do his best. Good luck Craig. You have my vote.
Regular Family Guy

San Francisco, CA

#17 Oct 4, 2008
If this clown wins than I am packing up and gone and I am one of the good guys. Seee Yaaaa Santa Cruz!
enough is enough

Santa Cruz, CA

#18 Oct 4, 2008
we have enough bum services in this county. it smells like a public restroom everywhere, now even outside the capitola mall. Downtown consists of 80% crazies, druggies and homeless people.
yo pat kittle

Santa Cruz, CA

#19 Oct 4, 2008
the bum oh I meant drum circle people need to leave downtown. you guys are straight nasstyyyy.
kat pittle

United States

#20 Oct 4, 2008
Valley Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to have fun with a greater challenge, try to count your toes more than once and get the same total. After reading your posts, I suspect that will keep you busy the rest of the day, and stop the littering of this site with your brain droppings.
as the grreeat white savior of the redwoods, i can tellllllllllll you that i have fifteen toes, eight on each foot. im sooo great!!!!!!!!!!

“Pearls before swine”

Since: Mar 08

Santa Cruz, CA.

#21 Oct 4, 2008
WHAT A HATCHET JOB by the Sentinel! Zero discussion of issues. Zero balance of positives and negatives. Obsession with a court case that ended up with a hung jury!! How can the Sentinel use that case as meaning anything at all when 12 jurors spend 3 days of their lives examining all aspects of the case and couldn't come to a verdict. So what does the Sentinel do? Print the allegations.

Craig Canada is an intelligent, well-read, articulate speaker and writer. He is also severely challenged with an emotional mood disorder caused by the damage done to him by pharmaceutical mediations legally prescribed to him. A disability didn't prevent Franklin Roosevelt from being elected. Thomas Eagleton served in the Senate for 19 years with a manic depression and even was briefly selected as the Democratic running-mate.

Please read Canada's website. His platform is detailed, thoughtful, and researched. His woes with the SCPD harassment are real and a cause for concern for anyone who pays taxes in Santa Cruz.

I'd love to see Craig's take on any number of issues which would cross his desk should the voters elect him on Nov 4th.
Becky the kiss of death

Sonoma, CA

#23 Oct 4, 2008
Thank you Becky for that tacit endorsement. I will not be voting for anyone you stick up for.
ned

Millbrae, CA

#24 Oct 4, 2008
Just what Santa Cruz needs, an unemployable, anti-social narcissist with a sense of entitlement as big as all out doors on the city council.

This clown will make Moe Reich (remember him?) look like the epitome of a reasoned and rational public servant.
Go Bum Go

Hercules, CA

#25 Oct 4, 2008
enough is enough wrote:
we have enough bum services in this county. it smells like a public restroom everywhere
Maybe thats because there actually are almost no public restrooms downtown. That one of the things Craig wants to improve, but then Sentinel would rather mention the negative since hes not part of the accepted SC progressive crowd.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Francisco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 20 hr Agree 21,432
Born Again Christians are all liars and all hyp... (Feb '13) Thu Porovski 18
Thu Anti anxiety 1
News If there's alien life in the universe, where is... (Jul '15) Wed positronium 218
News Utah moves to sue California over fee on coal p... Feb 13 Solarman 1
News Effort Underway To Save City's Oldest Gay Bar '... Feb 13 Imprtnrd 5
Rename Golden Gate Bridge to Pelosi Bridge Feb 13 Citizen 14

San Francisco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

San Francisco Mortgages