City shaves funds to 9 day centers fo...

City shaves funds to 9 day centers for homeless

There are 1 comment on the Seattle Times story from Feb 4, 2013, titled City shaves funds to 9 day centers for homeless. In it, Seattle Times reports that:

George Olken, of Seattle, shaves Sunday at the Urban Rest Stop, which serves about 5,600 homeless people a month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seattle Times.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

#1 Feb 4, 2013
The problem is that funding is not infinite, and some of the people mentioned in this article also voted for the failed Monorail project even after being warned by people who did the math that it wasn't a good idea. There are a lot of nuances that are being ignored, and a ton of politics involved in this now. The huge increase in the homeless here are because other states are shipping their career homeless here instead of taking care of their problem themselves, and our state is doing nothing to stop this. It will all blow up eventually because of the excessive stress in the system, and that won't be a pretty sight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seattle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Full Gospel Church on Delridge Calls Whites 'De... 13 hr WashingtonChilds 1
Reasons Why Washington State Sucks - Post Them ... (Apr '12) Mon mpat007 362
April who sings with Grunge Band Nov 21 Wondering 1
and the republican congress just lost the last ... Nov 20 John E Reb 4
attention doctors at harbor view medical Nov 18 Mrs vella 1
News New art museum celebrates unique Pacific Northw... Nov 15 Purified Peach 1
News War on Christmas? Starbucks cups cause social m... Nov 12 Into The Night 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seattle Mortgages