Obama vows to act alone, taunts Repub...

Obama vows to act alone, taunts Republicans

There are 23 comments on the KING-TV Seattle story from Jul 1, 2014, titled Obama vows to act alone, taunts Republicans. In it, KING-TV Seattle reports that:

President Barack Obama defiantly dared congressional Republicans on Tuesday to try to block his efforts to act on his own and bypass a divided Congress that has thwarted his policy initiatives.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KING-TV Seattle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#1 Jul 1, 2014
While the Congressional Republicans deserve the criticism for doing nothing to advance Immigration Reform, this entire debate has been hijacked by politics as opposed to sound policy.

On the one hand, you have the Republicans who are appealing to the most ardent, Tea Party activists in their party many of who harbor essentialy racist (mainly anti-Latino) views.

On the other hand, you have the President and the Democrats who want to pursue an "all or nothing" deal so that they can pad their electoral base with voters who were formerly "illegal aliens".

I understand that the vast majority of illegals aren't even interested in citizenship and are more interested in some form of legalization which would allow them to work and not be deported.

There has to be a compromise somewhere which gets us to some form of legalization (after the payment of significant fines, back taxes, and a waiting period) for the illegals while streamlining the legal immigration process and proper enforcement of laws especially along the southern border to prevent people from exploiting the system to their benefit.
YES

Haslet, TX

#2 Jul 1, 2014
GCNYC wrote:
While the Congressional Republicans deserve the criticism for doing nothing to advance Immigration Reform, this entire debate has been hijacked by politics as opposed to sound policy.
On the one hand, you have the Republicans who are appealing to the most ardent, Tea Party activists in their party many of who harbor essentialy racist (mainly anti-Latino) views.
On the other hand, you have the President and the Democrats who want to pursue an "all or nothing" deal so that they can pad their electoral base with voters who were formerly "illegal aliens".
I understand that the vast majority of illegals aren't even interested in citizenship and are more interested in some form of legalization which would allow them to work and not be deported.
There has to be a compromise somewhere which gets us to some form of legalization (after the payment of significant fines, back taxes, and a waiting period) for the illegals while streamlining the legal immigration process and proper enforcement of laws especially along the southern border to prevent people from exploiting the system to their benefit.
I totally agree with you!
Amigo

Oakdale, CT

#3 Jul 1, 2014
VIVA to President'e Obama's "Executive Order" Amnesty!!! ;)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mexican general

Livermore, CA

#4 Jul 2, 2014
Amigo wrote:
VIVA to President'e Obama's "Executive Order" Amnesty!!! ;)
VIVA!!!
callate gato 74

Durham, NC

#5 Jul 2, 2014
Os viva
Amigo

Oakdale, CT

#6 Jul 2, 2014
Obama is AWESOME!! LOL!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7 Jul 3, 2014
GCNYC wrote:
The well thought out comprimise is the Senate's bi-partisan Comprehensive Immigration Bill.....which has been sitting in the House for months....The teaparty House republican's refuse to even bring it to a vote.....Despite the rhetoric from the right, one huge reason they won't speak of is....it settles many immigration issues and would immediatley stimulate our national economy.....and they can't have anything that does that.....same old, same old.....
the illegal

Toronto, Canada

#8 Jul 3, 2014
I don't believe Obama. He is lying again.
Amigo

Uncasville, CT

#9 Jul 3, 2014
VIVA Obama!!! ;)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#10 Jul 4, 2014
the illegal wrote:
I don't believe Obama. He is lying again.
NO ONE believes ANYTHING he spits out the side of the slit on his face.
USMC ret

Cypress, CA

#12 Jul 4, 2014
When a leader, any leader taunts others, he has lost his moral high ground and ceases to be functional. Mr. Obama has failed in his use of the basic principles of leadership and therefore has failed this country.
I would say that he should step aside because he can no longer lead effectively, but that would leave us with a man who is himself, self focused and unable to lead a small group, let alone a nation.
America is handcuffed in its limited choice of leaders. Both will only do damage to the country. It's just a question which one will do less.
2016 can't get here fast enough, but then there is no guarantee the choices then will be any better. If we get Hillary, we will be longing for the good old days of Obama and company.
America, like Rome before her, will be destroyed, not by an enemy from without, but by a lack of morality and corruption from within. And the clock is ticking.
USMC ret

Cypress, CA

#13 Jul 4, 2014
Amigo wrote:
<quoted text> Get rid of that insane name!! Obama is AWESOME!!! ;)
A person's name is to be respected. It is their actions that must be scrutinized and judged. If like Hitler, their actions are so vile that they are deemed hellish, then the name of that person can take on similar standing. Until them, respect a person's name, even Hussein Obama.
However we are not pleased that Mr.Obama has been outfitting Israel's enemies with America's state-of-the-art weapon systems to be used in Israel's destruction. If this policy continues, we would not be surprised if unilateral action is taken to force it to cease. Do not know how, but would expect something to give. King Nebuchadnezzer lost his sanity, America collectively may be doing the same.
Israel is land that has been protected by God Himself and many times. Even an American President who opposes God will face judgment, and his people as well, for allowing that president to proceed against Israel.
America has too often believed that God was on her side. It is time we wise up and all get on God's side.
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Jul 4, 2014
All illegal diseased slobs should be deported, you are a bunch of sad pathetic usless morons, no one wants.you will not get amnesty.I have said this for over a year now.you will all be deported asap.when ostupid leaves

“Every day, Improve..”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#16 Jul 6, 2014
I am fixing my fencing around OWN house, but I fear the feds want to break the third also by quartering drug dealers and disease-ridden "downtrodden" into regular houses. I am sure the democrats would LOVE for us all to be forced to take one or two immigrants each into our homes, like an adoption. Should you be pregnant and worried about room space, don't you worry. Obamacare covers both abortions or ER visits for your infected kids.

May have to look into being up to date with needed immunizations for the kids. This is also another death blow to public schools.

Become more self-sufficient as much as is practically possible, be very selective who you shop with and ecen thou it is a hassle, I have also started paying cash for everything.

This government not only ignores US taxpayers, but actually seen to LOATHE them.
Gig

Toledo, WA

#18 Sep 19, 2014
The liberals and their king should be run out of this country on a rail.
The only question is ,how do we get the illegals to carry the rail
Error1

Wylie, TX

#19 Sep 25, 2014
Elise Gingrich, went to go be with the Great Lord Almighty, on the 18th day, of September, 2014, and She will be Missed, by Many, including Her Loving Family, and Her TRUE Friends (that Weren't a bunch of Psychological Torturers, such as Elise's FAKE friends, who claim they, were Her REAL friends, lots of years ago, in the Seattle metropolitan area, and the surrounding communities, near the Seattle metropolitan area, or whatever, but FAKE friends, Cannot be REAL friends, to someone, or somebody, because FAKE friends, were Never REAL friends, to begin with, to anybody, or any one!)(Elise Gingrich, was like, 42, when She Killed Herself, less than one week ago, no thanks, to Her FAKE Psychologically Torturing friends, who said they used to be her Best Friends, in All of The World, there, in the Seattle metropolitan area, of Washington State, but who really Didn't Give A Crap About Her, at all, Not Really!)(and may Justice Prevail, Over Her Psychological Torturers, That Used To Know Her, Lots Of Years Ago, In The Seattle Metropolitan Area, Of Seattle, Washington, Which Is In The State Of Washington, Amen.) And May Elise Gingrich, Finally Rest In Peace, With The Great Lord Almighty, In Heaven, Amen.(U Don't Know What U Got, Until It's Gone, and Elise is dead now, so I guess That means, No Idiots, that Knew Elise, in Washington State, will Ever be Getting Together, for ANY kind of a Hook Up Now!)(oh well)

Location hidden

#20 Sep 25, 2014
Gig wrote:
The liberals and their king should be run out of this country on a rail.
UNINSURED ADMISSIONS TO HOSPITALS DECLINE......Associated Press .(9-25-14).........Washington -- The government says the number of uninsured patients admitted to hospitals has dropped markedly this year, reducing charity care and bad debt cases, especially in states that expanded Medicaid coverage in the new healthcare law.....The Health and Human Services Department said hospitals in states that have taken advantage of the new Medicaid eligibility levels have seen UNINSURED ADMISSIONS FALL BY 30 PERCENT. THE REPORT ESTIMATES THE COST OF UNCOMPENSATED HOSPITAL CARE WILL BE $5.7 BILLION LOWER.....The announcement is part of the Obama administration's efforts to persuade the 23 states that have declined to expand their Medicaid coverage to reconsider........Thank You Mister President....$5.7 BILLION IN SAVINGS......

“Every day, Improve..”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#21 Oct 4, 2014
WOW, saving "5.7 billions", LOL. Saving from WHAT? You mean, spending 5 billion less? That's not even a drop of a drop of the debt you commies have been perpetuating for long time.

5.7 billion is not even one week of added cost of illegal immigration and catch-up not working in Syria/Iraq. That's not even pennies compared to all the dead crony-capitalist projects of last years. And ground war seems next, but we are not fighting "islamists" oh no......

I think Mr Hussein will have to find saving space for more than mere pennies (in the big picture) to make me at all reconsider the statement of what an incompetent, dumb and arrogant tyrant we are stuck with for another two years.

Anyone who is dumb enough to believe this as a genuine attempt at saving money is either less alert than the Secret Service or a liar who would make Pinocchio's nose shrink in inferiority complex.

Location hidden

#22 Oct 14, 2014
VeganTiger wrote:
WOW, saving "5.7 billions", LOL. Saving from WHAT? You mean, spending 5 billion less? That's not even a drop of a drop of the debt you commies have been perpetuating for long time.
5.7 billion is not even one week of added cost of illegal immigration and catch-up not working in Syria/Iraq. That's not even pennies compared to all the dead crony-capitalist projects of last years. And ground war seems next, but we are not fighting "islamists" oh no......
I think Mr Hussein will have to find saving space for more than mere pennies (in the big picture) to make me at all reconsider the statement of what an incompetent, dumb and arrogant tyrant we are stuck with for another two years.
Anyone who is dumb enough to believe this as a genuine attempt at saving money is either less alert than the Secret Service or a liar who would make Pinocchio's nose shrink in inferiority complex.
....Good for you......
uppercut

Fairfield, CA

#23 Oct 21, 2014
The Hispanics will eventually join the republicans when immigration is no longer a card on the table. The democrat true base is comprised of blacks, teenagers, hippies, new York jews, criminals, and lazy welfare recipients. Who wants to be a member of that party if they have children and a choice?. Democrats are rude and narcissistic, those are bad qualities to attract people who want peace of mind and stability. Democrats are the party of lawsuits, protests, riots, playing the race card and anarchy; no one with a family wants to be around that for long.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seattle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wanting an ANR ABF relationship with a woman (Jul '12) 20 hr AnonAFsoc 21
The Trump low down Sat woops 1
News West Seattle Friday: Pet adoptions, Mount conce... Aug 26 Elise Gingerich 1
Vote for Hillary Aug 25 Delberto 19
More cowards and crooks among UN soldiers. Aug 24 oink Embriano 3
Child Support Agents Claim Power through Corrup... Aug 23 Elise Gingerich 4
News Seen from West Seattle: Olympic Peninsula wildf... Aug 21 Elise Gingerich 1

Seattle Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Seattle Mortgages