i keep getting erased - will try post...
DrJEDunn

Myrtle Beach, SC

#64 Sep 6, 2011
Georgie: There may be only a few of us who post politics on this Board, but there are literally hundreds, maybe thousands, of people who read them and don't post.

----------

Obama's approval rating may be a bit low for this time in the election cycle, but the Republicans have a much bigger problem than is being currently talked about.

There are really TWO Republican Parties: the regular Republican, and the TEA Party ding-bats.

I believe they are both going to jockey for position to be nominated for president - it has already begun - and one side is NOT going to wholeheartedly support the other in the general election for President.

They may not vote for Obama, but they will probably just sit this one out.

The Democtrats, on the other hand, sat the last election out, or voted for the TEA Party opposition WITHOUT knowing what his/her policies were, but are definitely going to vote for their candidate this time around!

The Republicans are showing up well in the current polls, because the polls don't identify whether the candidate is a TEA Party candidate or a regular Republican, so both get their support in the current polls, but this will change after Michelle or Sara gets the nomination for President!

We'll see if I am correct or not, won't we?

Dr. James E. Dunn
DrJEDunn

Myrtle Beach, SC

#65 Sep 7, 2011
There are even conservatives on this Board who are now seeminly saying they won't vote for the dingbat TEA Party Republican candidates if he or she wins the Presidential nomination - and I stronmgly believe that a ding-bat Tea Party member WILL win the nomication.

Right now the Dingbats have a greater than 20% disapproval rating among American voters, Hoffa is rousing the Union members with his SOB speech, Obama is drawing very large crowds where ever he speaks; and YOU must be dreaming!!!

Dr. James E. Dunn
scrooge mcduck

Rickreall, OR

#66 Sep 7, 2011
DrDunn wrote:
as@##$%
I guess that I am kind of European in my thought processes.
Two American presidents have recently won the Nobel Peace Prize, and I very much like them both: Carter and Obama!
I know that most of the people on this board will disagree with this assesswment, but sometimes the majority is INCORRECT!
Dr. James E. Dunn
Maybe Obama can win another Nobel Peace Prize when he invades Syria.
DrJEDunn

Myrtle Beach, SC

#68 Sep 8, 2011
!@#34

I watched the political debate last night, and I must agree that the results were pretty much a tie between Perry and Romney, but then again they had by FAR the most speaking time and the most questions.

The others were just "add-ons"; "ad-ons" who occasionally got a word in edgewise in the debate, but couldn't compete with the verbal tirade between Perry and Romney, mostly because of the abundance of time they had over the others.

What really impressed me, however, was the magnitude of the "who cares" mundane issues for whole debate: both the questions and the answers!

Also impressive was the way ALL of the candidates were against the Health Care Reforms which has been just begun by the federal government, but neglected to recognize that much of the opposition to what Obama settled for DID NOT GO FAR ENOUGH!

I THINK THAT THE WHOLE DEBATE SOLIDIFIED ONE IMPORTANT POINT: THE REPUBLICAN TEA PARTY LOST SOME POLITICAL SUPPORT LAST NIGHT!

Dr. James E. Dunn
scrooge mcduck

Rickreall, OR

#69 Sep 8, 2011
DrJEDunn,
Romney clearly won over Perry. But according to the poll by NBC, even Romney lost by a landslide to Ron Paul.
"Paul Wins Post Debate MSNBC Poll"
Huntingtonnews.net - Tony Rutherford
DrJEDunn

Myrtle Beach, SC

#70 Sep 9, 2011
scrooge: I could almost vote for Ron Paul, as he is not what I consider a Ding-bat.

Some Ding-bat conservative TEA Party Republicans may make a feeble and unintelligent attempt and case that President Obama's speech last night was a whitewash of things he has previously proposed.

I, personally, don't think so; and I am very much in hopes that the Ding-bat Republican controlled House of Representatives will pass this legislation in the very near future.

However, I also believe that there was another rather secret purpose in the President's speech last night, and this was to dramatically further divide the Ding-bat Republican Tea Party into two separate and opposing sides: the Regular Republicans, and the TEA Party Ding-bats!

And Obama did just as the Administration had planned!!! The Repubicans and Dingbats are in a state of heightened disarray because of what the President proposed.

They didn't even have a response to him they were so confused by his actions.

On boy!

There is a Democratic landslide coming in November of 2012, that is, unless something RADICALLY changes!

Dr. James E. Dunn

DrJEDunn

Myrtle Beach, SC

#71 Sep 10, 2011
112!@

The first president of the current Republican Party was Abraham Lincoln and he came from Illinois.

South Carolina was the first state to seceed from the union as a result of Lincolns victory in 1860.

Today, South Carolina is the political CENTER of the same Republican (TEA) Party.

The party has REALLY changed!

Dr. James E. Dunn
DrJEDunn

Myrtle Beach, SC

#72 Sep 12, 2011
5%^&

The United States used to have the very finest medical health care system in the civilized world, but no longer today. Most everything regarding the system was beginning to crumble before President Obama’s Health Care plan was initiated.

More than twenty-five years ago we would treat all the citizens of the United States - but we no longer do today - we were then first in the world with many of our scientific advancements in medicine - but we no longer are today - foreigners, from many other high class and civilized nations, used to flock to this country for their medical treatment - but they do so much less often today - and this list just may go on and on.

Moreover, frivolous lawsuits are brought against medical doctors that involve literally millions and millions of dollars. These lawsuits are very often won by the accusing former patients, however, but it again raises the cost of the medical malpractice insurance for the doctor.

To get his money back for the increase in his malpractice insurance, however, the medical doctor just raises his rates for his patients - again! This continuous upward spiral has gone on for many, many, years now. There is very rarely any discipline meted out by the American Medical Association, however.

What is happening to medical health treatment - and scientific medical discovery - in the United States today, and just how is it corrected so that this nation doesn‘t continue it rather rapid decline on an almost monthly basis?

America was currently the only country in the civilized world which does not have at least some form of governmental financing and control of its medical health care system. And America now has the most expensive health care system - and for all individuals - in the civilized world, partly as a result.

The only question remaining is: Will the United States continue to make the necessary governmental changes in its medical health care system before it collapses!

Dr. James E. Dunn
DrJEDunn

Myrtle Beach, SC

#73 Sep 13, 2011
23!@#

I watched the debates late night as the Republicans - and the TEA Party Republicans - cut each other apart and too shreds, quite literally.

The Republican supposed candidate for President - anyone - was closing in on Obama according to the most recent polls, but this is about to rather dramatically change.

Obama is going on an extended campaign swing through the midwest, which ought to help him some in his re-election bid for president next year.

But the Republican TEA Party candadates are going to become well known to the American electorate, and some of the people who say they favor any Republican over Obama are going to become disinchanted with the winner of the Republican primaries and nomination - except, of course, Ron Paul, but he will never get the nomination for president in the TEA Bag Party with all those ding-bats voting for the other "has beens."

Definitely, how exceedingly glorious it will be!!! That is, so long as something rather dramatic and disturbing happens between now and a year from November.

Dr. James E. Dunn

Since: Apr 07

Seattle, WA

#74 Sep 14, 2011
Oh, oooooh, fire and brimestone in the morning. NY district 9 has gone GOP after 83 years.

bwaaaaa....so much for a Democratic landslide in 2012.

Oh my...what now can we explain the Democrat landslide in 2012 after this brutal beating? Bwaaaa...I can already hear our friendly Doc crying in his restless sleep.

It's gonna be a rough morning for Doc and other liberals. NY District 9 going GOP? Say it isn't so....Hello President...you have failed, time to change your actions.

Good luck sleeping tomorrow night doc in seeking your dreams of a democrat sweep in 2012 that will not come true. Stay strong brother...

Since: Apr 07

Seattle, WA

#75 Sep 14, 2011
Another post but another sidenote...Democrats are jumping ship from this President faster than rats from a sinking ship. OMG....wake up call from the populatioin...stop the spending and support our greatest ally!

Of course, Doc, will try ignore or spin this victory in his own fantansy....so be it. Truth is, the GOP has won district owned by the Democrats for over 83 years.

Time to change course, Mr. Obama and Doc...time to change course.

Bwaaaaaa
DrJEDunn

Myrtle Beach, SC

#76 Sep 14, 2011
Dearest Georgie:

In 2010 the Democrats won a district in NY State - in St. Lawrence Country bordering Canada - which had been Republican ever since the Civil War.

Now do you REALLY think that this one election is a predictor of 2012???

Come on, you can do better than this!

DrJEDunn
DrJEDunn

Myrtle Beach, SC

#77 Sep 14, 2011
12Q@

We Americans have owned a bit more than half of the world up until recently, and the rest of the world could choose between we Americans, or the Soviet Union, for their economic and/or social protection.

Of course, however, we paid very little for their goods and services, and they paid us plenty - check the balance of trade for example.

But now that there is rapidly growing "peace" in the world, other countries - most of which have become democratic in the last 10 or so years - no longer want the arms that we make and sell, but regretably we really make and sell very little else - we have massive unemployment, instead.

And American corporations put a politcal lock on our scientific advancements in this country, as well: for instance, big oil is dead set against ethanol replacing petroleum.

For another example: Brazil runs on ethinal, not gasoline, and saves billions of dollars; Red China uses magnetic trains which run on real cheap electricity; and clothes are no longer made in the US either; electronics are mostly made in Korea and Japan; and on it goes.

And all of this foreign produce and products are sold here in the US of A, but the dollar is only backed by "faith" today, not gold and silver as it was before Nixon, and its value if going down and down when compared to many foreign currencies.

This nation is no longer the ecomomic leader of the "free world," because most of the world has become "free" today.

We have to dramatically change our economic approach to production, and build CONSUMER goods again - and probably make lerss money than when there was a Cold War - and be competetive again in the world marketplace; and we are going to have to realize that other nations are going to live EQUALLY with us in this new FREE WORLD!

Dr. James E. Dunn

DrJEDunn

Myrtle Beach, SC

#78 Sep 15, 2011
122!@

NY State is soooo big it is nobodys "home state." For example: Jack Kemp was from Buffalo, about 450 mile from NY City.

Northern New York, near the St. Lawrence Seaway, and Ottawa, Canada is the nearest city (about 400 mile from NY City)- where I come from - elected its first democratic Representative to the House of Representatives since the Civil War!

2010 was the year the Republicans won the House of Representatives, remember???

So I really don't believe that yesterday's election in NY City told us anything but that the electorate is very, very SICK AND TIRED OF DIRTY and CORRUPT POLITICIANS no matter which party they are in!!!

Dr. James E. Dunn

DrJEDunn

Myrtle Beach, SC

#79 Sep 15, 2011
90*&

Several farmers made and grew corn, milk, and lumber, and they built houses and fed each other by trading their food and building supplies.

They needed no money, however, because they really had all that they needed.

Then along came along a very cleavor shiester, and he told the farmers that he had this precious metal - gold - and that they might borrow this from his home - bank - and use it for "money" to trade for the commodities they needed - milk, etc.

Well, the farmers really got sucked in, and they took the gold - which is really worthless - and traded with each other their food stuffs and houses.

Then the sheister said that there would be inflation at times, and/or depressions at other times, and even though the farmers had plenty of food stuffs and/or lumber to trade, they had no gold to trade with!

The sheisters were very happy though, because they had much more wealth than the farmers. and they really didn't do anything to acquire this wealth!

Then along came a fella name Nixon and made the sheisters even happier, because Nixon said that the sheisters no longer needed gold; all they needed was "Faith" alone.

Well, one day the economy was so very bad that the farmers tried to decide just what to do, and I am wondering just what that will be!

Dr. James E. Dunn
George the Great

Seattle, WA

#80 Sep 16, 2011
DrJEDunn wrote:
122!@
NY State is soooo big it is nobodys "home state." For example: Jack Kemp was from Buffalo, about 450 mile from NY City.
Northern New York, near the St. Lawrence Seaway, and Ottawa, Canada is the nearest city (about 400 mile from NY City)- where I come from - elected its first democratic Representative to the House of Representatives since the Civil War!
2010 was the year the Republicans won the House of Representatives, remember???
So I really don't believe that yesterday's election in NY City told us anything but that the electorate is very, very SICK AND TIRED OF DIRTY and CORRUPT POLITICIANS no matter which party they are in!!!
Dr. James E. Dunn
Yep, the GOP politician dropped out because she ran out of campaign funds. So you are correct. However, this weeks election has has the Democrats running scared...very scared.
Sleep easy my old friend.
DrJEDunn

Myrtle Beach, SC

#81 Sep 16, 2011

My Masters and Doctorial Degress are in the field of Education (M. Ed. and Ed.D. in secondary and higher education in counseling) and I am very much aware that having the best educational system in the world in 1970, to now being in the upper teens world-wide, is going to severely hurt this nation's ability to continue to be any sort of a world power in the very near future!

It is time we bagan to use our heads for something more than glorified hat-racks, and spent some time, and, yes, much more money on education in this country!

Dr. James E. Dunn

George the Great

Seattle, WA

#82 Sep 17, 2011
I agree Doc.

However, I suppose that we disagree with the final outcome. Explain to the public that you believe is reading this what is different in the early 70s vs now? One thing, Carter made Education a federal agency.

So, in assuming your logic is right, we need to return education to the states and end the federal government involvement.

Let us start now...start hope and change now!
DrJEDunn

Myrtle Beach, SC

#83 Sep 19, 2011
;[po

I guess that you might call this “the quite time” in the national political presidential race, for the Republicans are not saying much to criticize their supposed Democratic opponent – President Obama.

Instead, they are beginning to criticize each other, trying to diminish each other's poll numbers before the upcoming primaries!

This ought to help their poll numbers greatly against Obama, and make the TEA Party Republican winner of the nomination real popular with the voters!!!

Dr. James E. Dunn
DrJEDunn

Myrtle Beach, SC

#84 Sep 20, 2011
12!@#

Carl Sagan was a magnificant scientist who is now sorely missed, for he enlightened the whole world to the many mysteries of the ever expanding cosmos.

Building upon what he saw and exclaimed, our galaxy - the Milky Way - has somewhere around 200 billion stars in it.

Astronomers have only closely investicated about 3% of it, but they have found roughly 6 or 7 planets the size of ours, and about the same distance from that particular "sun."

Now if the force of gravity could be just reversed so it "pushed" rather than "pulled," then the movement of the supposed "space" objects, objects seen for thousands of years all around the world, would all move as described by the thousands of people who observed them from many countries for hundreds of years.

If I were an Indian an a South Atlantic Island in 1492, and I saw supposed massive boats coming toward me for the first time (Columbus), this would have changed my whole way of being and thinking at the time; and it did!

I wonder then!

Dr. James E. Dunn

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seattle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wolves in washington 8 hr Toledo 1
Donald Trump for President Sun K Baldwin 1
Vote for Hillary Sun Go Blue Forever 4
Nostradamus' AFFRIQUE (May '12) Sep 24 LAVON AFFAIR 265
Does God have a sense of humor? (Apr '10) Sep 21 Toledo 27
All hail geeks, nerds ,and fan boys Sep 20 Toledo 1
Sea Hawks are crap Sep 19 VN Vet 3

Seattle Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance