i keep getting erased - will try posting all in one :"?

Posted in the Seattle Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
DrDunn

Conway, SC

#1 Jul 9, 2011
as@##$%

I guess that I am kind of European in my thought processes.

Two American presidents have recently won the Nobel Peace Prize, and I very much like them both: Carter and Obama!

I know that most of the people on this board will disagree with this assesswment, but sometimes the majority is INCORRECT!

Dr. James E. Dunn
DrDunn

Conway, SC

#2 Jul 9, 2011
45$%R

The Pope said recently that if there are other "beings out there," that they believe in God and Jesus Christ as well.

The Hubble telescope has photographed about 5% of just our universe alone - there are hundreds of billions of universes all starting with the "Big Bang" - and Hubble has found about 50 stars with earth like planets about our distance from our Sun.

(There are hundreds of billions of stars in our universe alone!)

Moreover, the universe is filled with ice crystals, making "life" a very real possibility!

According to several programs on the History Channel, the pyramids have many tunnels in them, but there is no smoke on the ceilings of them, either, but obviously the people (or beings)traversing these tunnels needed light.

Recently discovered in south east Turkey is an underground cavern with very many rooms.

It is over 500 feet underground, but has no smoke on the ceiling either, and carbon dating puts the underground "city," if you will, at over 400 thousand years old - much, much longer than anthropoligists believe modern man has existed.

Gets you thinking doesn't it?!

Dr. James E. Dunn
DrDunn

Conway, SC

#3 Jul 9, 2011
2@#$

I find it rather curious that South Carolina was the very first state to secede from the Union beginning in 1860, but South Carolina is now one of the premire states of the Republican Party, the first President of which was Abrabam Lincoln!!!

Can one of you "Conservatives" explain this paradox to me?

DrJEDunn

Read more: http://thesunnews.typepad.com/opinionblog/201...
DrJEDunn

Conway, SC

#4 Jul 11, 2011
I will say this again: THE FEDERAL RESERVE BOARD CONTROLS DEFICITS, INFLATION, RECESSIONS, DEPRESSIONS, etc.

The government takes credit when things are going good, and blames the party in power when things are going badly.

"We, the People ...." are fed this nonsense constantly be the American press, and it is long past time that we stopped buying it!

Dr. James E. Dunn 1122@#
DrJEDunn

Conway, SC

#6 Jul 12, 2011
89io;

The economic state of the American economy is pretty much totally controlled by the Federal Reserve Board.

The Chairman of the Board, was one of 12 members of the Federal Open Market Committee of the Federal Reserve Board.

Raising or lowering the interest rates of the Federal Reserve - what the many banks have to pay for the money they lend to you - however, is by vote of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve Board. These 7 members who make up the Board of Governors, though, they are selected from the 12 members of the Federal Open Market Committee of the Federal Reserve Board.

The Legislative and Executive branches of the federal government have no way of removing a member once they are confirmed by the Senate of the United States.

Most Americans - and the Americanm press - think that it is the President and/or the Congress which control such things as recession, inflation, depression, high unemployment; but it is the Federal Reserve Board which hold the real power over the American economy.

It is set up such that it is almost totally UNDEMOCRATIC!

Dr. James E. Dunn
DrJEDunn

Conway, SC

#8 Jul 14, 2011
556$%^&^8

Boy, the Republicans in the House of Representatives have dug themselves a HUGE hole, and to make matters worse, they are still digging and digging!

Love it!!!

Dr. James E. Dunn
DrJEDunn

Conway, SC

#9 Jul 15, 2011
;'/lk

Would love to see Bachmann win the Republican Presidential nomination. Maybe she and Palin would make a wonderful ticket for president and vice president --- that is, for a Democratis landslide!!!

Dr. James E. Dunn
George the Grea

Seattle, WA

#10 Jul 16, 2011
Keep dreaming Doc....keep dreaming. President Obama is the captian of the titanic and he knows where the iceburg is but decides to head right for it.
DrJEDunn

Conway, SC

#11 Jul 16, 2011
;'[poi

Before the middle 1970's, the United States had the very finest educational system and products in the entire world.

Today, in the U.S., instead of finding foreign exchange student from foreign countries like England, France, and Germany, we find them from 3rd or 4th rate nations instead.

Since about 1970, the United States has fallen steadily from being first in the world in terms of its eduational excellence, to being somewhere in the upper teens today.

But does this really matter?

Thomas Jefferson, as he opened the University of Virgina around the early 1800's, is quoted as saying that "there is nothing more important to a DEMOCRACY than the quality of its educational system."

What is the Congress of the United States doing today to improve our educational quality to where it was in the late 1960's and early 70's???

Dr. James E. Dunn
George the Great

Seattle, WA

#12 Jul 17, 2011
Never mind that you pointed out the problem started in the mid-1970s, never mind that the Education Department was started by Carter in 1979, what exactly you want the Congress to do? Are you saying, what the Republicans have been saying for decades, that the Education Department is nothing but a waste of money?

Never mind that the education in USA was better under state control than a Carter department, what exactly do you expect the Congress to do? Forget that education was better under state control until Carter made it a federal issue, what more do you want Congress to do when Education is a executive level position?

Geez...so many accusations but no actual ideas on how to fix the problem.
George the Great

Seattle, WA

#13 Jul 18, 2011
Come on Doc...do the math and accept the fact that Carter destroyed education in America. Forget the homes he built...the man did a terrible thing in creating the Education Department. Just admit it. Don't worry, he's still honored for homes that he built. Never mind how many people he placed in line for them.
DrJEDunn

Conway, SC

#14 Jul 18, 2011
The Home Computer is going to dramatically change humankind from a waring creature to a peaceloving creature.

On the Internet, which is worldwide, is the truth about every event, though, and action.

No longer is a leader of some nation going to be able to lie, and/or to distort the truth at the very least, to his/her people and get away with it for very long.

National leaders won't be able to do this because of the Internet!

It will take a few years, but "PEACE" is going to break out worldwide!

Dr. James E. Dunn
DrJEDunn

Conway, SC

#15 Jul 19, 2011
;'/.nb

This country went off the edge of a steep cliff quite some time ago, and the average American person - like the coyote in the Roadrunner cartoons - will eventially look down and notice that there is no longer any ground under him/her!

The only question to be asked now is "When?" and the answer really - and very sadly - is "In a very, very short while"!

Our national tumble and fall is very highly probable, but it is still not yet inevitable, however.

Things which harm the withering environment of this nation - as well as that of the whole world - and the many desperately growing needs of the average American citizen, they must ALL be rather radically changed, however; and they must ALL be altered in a very, very, short time, as well.

Dr. James E. Dunn
DrJEDunn

Conway, SC

#16 Jul 21, 2011
89{}

Hmmmm!

Have't heard anything about the war in Libya on the news in days, and the U.S. is no longer on the ground there either.

Haven't heard anything about the war in Iraq, either, and we are getting out of there as well.

And I haven't heard anything about Afghanistan either, except Petrase (sp) and the many troops that Bush sent over there are beginning to come home.

Now what came we blame on Obama? I know, the economy!

No, we can't do this, either, because Clinten left it in good shape but it was Bush who screwed things up.

Re-Elect Obama! Besides, whats-her-name has migraines!

Dr. James E. Dunn

DrJEDunn

Conway, SC

#17 Jul 22, 2011
.,mn

The Conservatives and the TEA Party Republicans, they are inevitable heading for a DEEP split in their party over whether or not to compromise on this budget with the Democrats!

And the Democtrats may just sit back and let the Right fight it out while the due date for the budget in August gets closer and closer.

And if the budget doesn't get passed, and the country does go into default, who will get the blame? Certainly not the Democrats!

And will there be blame by the voting public no matter what the Right Wing does? YOU BETCH!!!

The Democratic Party, along with President Obama, find themselves in a "heads I win, tales you lose" situation!

Dr. James E. Dunn

Goodie-goodie!!!
DrJEDunn

Conway, SC

#19 Jul 23, 2011
89&^%

House Majority Leader John Boehner is digging the Republican hole even deeper yesterday, as he quit negotating the Budget with the President and the Democrats.

Boehner is "stuck between a rock and a hard place," however, as he MUST make the TEA Party members of the Republican Party happy, and they will not agree to ANY compromise.

The regular Republicans, though, they must be worried about a primary fight against a TEA Party representative early next year, and they are afraid to break away from the TEA Party peoples' stance on the budget.

"Stuck between a rock and a hard place" is just where the Republican Party finds itself, because although the TEA Party representatives may win their fued WITHIN the Republican Party, they are going be dramatically clobbered by the Democrats in the coming elections in November of 2012!!!

Dr. James E. Dunn
DrJEDunn

Conway, SC

#20 Jul 25, 2011
65%$

For those of you who continue to believe that the President and Congress have any REAL control over inflation, recession, depression, national debt, and etc, then READ THIS:

http://www.federalreserve.gov/aboutthefed/def...

Dr. James E. Dunn
DrJEDunn

Conway, SC

#21 Jul 26, 2011
12@##

I watched Boehner and Obama on television last night, and came away with this impression - AND I AM NOT A DEMOCRAT!

Boehner represented the evidently powerful TEA Party part of the Republican Party, and stated that he - or they - wanted no new taxes for the very wealthy in this country - those making over 250 thousand dollars a year.

Instead, he wants to cut the programs which are currently going to the poor and moderate income citizens.

Well, when nearly 40% of the American citizens aren't even registered to vote, and only about 60% of those who are registered actually voted in the past presidential election, making for a total of 15 + 1% of the total population the apparent victor!

Maybe Boehner and the Republican candidate for President have a shot at winning in the next election in November of 2012!

ARE YOU REGISTERED!!!

Dr. James E. Dunn
DrJEDunn

Conway, SC

#22 Jul 27, 2011
,.;lk

Did you know that there are many, many Black Holes all over this galaxy, and supposedly all over the many billions of other galaxies in the universe?

A Black Hole is something everything - light, cosmic rays, etc. included - falls into and disappears!

It seems that the whole universe will eventially fall into a Black Hole, but "What," I wonder, is on the other side?

Life is a real trip!!!

Dr. James E. Dunn
DrJEDunn

Conway, SC

#23 Jul 28, 2011
78&*

The very real question that American has is this: WILL THIS COUNTRY IMMEDIATELY BEGIN TO CHANGE OUR SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL WAYS, AND DO SO WELL BEFORE IT IS MUCH TOO LATE FOR OUR PHYSICAL AND SOCIAL SURVIVAL AS A GREAT WORLD POWER?

Dr. James E. Dunn

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seattle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How are so many idiots so successful at work? Fri Trust Jesus 5
Dog friendly apartments? Fri Trust Jesus 2
$100 Directv Referral Program (Aug '10) Thu Patti 378
Washington joins Oregon's pay-per-mile pilot pr... (Feb '13) Dec 16 Independent1 7
RELIGIOUS Scam in your City Dec 16 Independent1 2
Reasons Why Washington State Sucks - Post Them ... (Apr '12) Dec 16 ghostwriter3 317
It's Gang Violence not Police Violence Dec 15 Master of Roissy 2

Flood Watch for King County was issued at December 20 at 12:08AM PST

Seattle News Video

Seattle Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Seattle People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Seattle News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Seattle

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]