WikiLeaks founder's legal options narrow

WikiLeaks founder's legal options narrow

There are 9 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Dec 2, 2010, titled WikiLeaks founder's legal options narrow. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

This Aug. 14, 2010 file photo shows WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in Stockholm, Sweden.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

Neil Proffitt

Redondo Beach, CA

#1 Dec 2, 2010
Hey, Julian, if you've got nothing to hide go clear up this thing. Otherwise you're going to get a taste of your own medicine. Word about your "junk" will all over the place.
Why Obama

Redondo Beach, CA

#2 Dec 2, 2010
US Military Official said the US could have taken down his simple website "no problem". Why Obama? Why didn't you order it taken down?? You had advance warning- we all know that. And it was known that AMAZON hosted this site. Christmas Amazon Boycott anyone?
sarkozynakedmerk elpuzzzle

Finland

#3 Dec 2, 2010
I don't think he knows the real secrets, otherwise they wouldn't be really secrets to be kept responsibly secret.
To Why Obama

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Dec 2, 2010
The "editors" of the "Breeze" would have terminated that site a long time ago. They don't play games in Torrance, they CENSORE.
Why Obama wrote:
US Military Official said the US could have taken down his simple website "no problem". Why Obama? Why didn't you order it taken down?? You had advance warning- we all know that. And it was known that AMAZON hosted this site. Christmas Amazon Boycott anyone?
Julian is a hero

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Dec 3, 2010
Yes, he is a hero, as far as journalists go. Private Bradley Manning is a hero period. Our governments actions have been disgusting. Julian is not a criminal, as much as our government and media might pretend.
If you havent looked at the information and video etc on the wikileaks site, you should.
Then you might understand why he is being maliciously persecuted.
By the way, the documents are no longer classified. They are in the public domain. Get over it. Punishing the messenger, will not change the fact that the US is the single largest terrorist nation on the planet. Sorry, it hurts to say that, but what else can you call it?
We have been at war based on lies, for 10 years, and the lies keep coming. There is no enemy except for us both in Iraq and Afghan.
I know that many wont understand and think otherwise. Open your eyes and mind, and take a look at who is being killed by who. We are the ones with weapons of mass destruction, we are the ones killing innocent unarmed people.
I hope the leaks keep coming, until the subject cant be changed and the deaths and lies stop. I wonder what the history books will portray us as? I look forward to Julian clearing this up. When it comes to ethics, the people criticizing him about having blood on his hands have none.(ethics)
(sp)hypocrite?
shameful

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Dec 3, 2010
Julian Is A Hero

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Dec 3, 2010
"We have been at war based on lies, for 10 years, and the lies keep coming. There is no enemy except for us both in Iraq and Afghan. I know that many wont understand and think otherwise. Open your eyes and mind, and take a look at who is being killed by who. We are the ones with weapons of mass destruction, we are the ones killing innocent unarmed people."

"Might is right...," said Walther,
and justice there is none.
We put on our chips on Law & Order.
Julian is a hero wrote:
Yes, he is a hero, as far as journalists go. Private Bradley Manning is a hero period. Our governments actions have been disgusting. Julian is not a criminal, as much as our government and media might pretend.
If you havent looked at the information and video etc on the wikileaks site, you should.
Then you might understand why he is being maliciously persecuted.
By the way, the documents are no longer classified. They are in the public domain. Get over it. Punishing the messenger, will not change the fact that the US is the single largest terrorist nation on the planet. Sorry, it hurts to say that, but what else can you call it?
We have been at war based on lies, for 10 years, and the lies keep coming. There is no enemy except for us both in Iraq and Afghan.
I know that many wont understand and think otherwise. Open your eyes and mind, and take a look at who is being killed by who. We are the ones with weapons of mass destruction, we are the ones killing innocent unarmed people.
I hope the leaks keep coming, until the subject cant be changed and the deaths and lies stop. I wonder what the history books will portray us as? I look forward to Julian clearing this up. When it comes to ethics, the people criticizing him about having blood on his hands have none.(ethics)
(sp)hypocrite?
JoaoP

Lisbon, Portugal

#8 Dec 10, 2010
Hey Americans, have you ever heard of a thing called speech freedom?(LOL)

Turning facts public is a right of any person. It's the American gov who should have behaved in a cleaner way, not an organization that rightly fights for transparency in governments.

US, stop behaving like terrorists. Just accept speech freedom, as it's stated in your constitution.

I am all for Wikileaks.
We need more Assanges in this world.
Julian

Santa Clarita, CA

#15 Dec 19, 2010
Thank you, I needed that.
JoaoP wrote:
Hey Americans, have you ever heard of a thing called speech freedom?(LOL)
Turning facts public is a right of any person. It's the American gov who should have behaved in a cleaner way, not an organization that rightly fights for transparency in governments.
US, stop behaving like terrorists. Just accept speech freedom, as it's stated in your constitution.
I am all for Wikileaks.
We need more Assanges in this world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stockholms, Sweden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Diverse Sweden Rushes to Embrace (and Become) a... (Aug '14) Dec '14 J_a_n 2
News End to End 5G for Super, Superfast Mobile (Nov '14) Nov '14 New China 1
News Contruction worker has 'Sweden's best beard' (Oct '14) Oct '14 wanna-jay 1
News 50 years after receiving Nobel Prize, do Martin... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
News Pointers for boosting prophylactic bipolar trea... (Oct '14) Oct '14 NAMI Run By Pharma 1
News Genetic and Environmental Influences Are Equall... (May '14) Jul '14 friend DUHZ it again 13
News Mick Jagger plans Rolling Stones museum (Jul '14) Jul '14 Back to Bachics 4
More from around the web