Condom remarks may alter AIDS fight, pope's legacy

Full story: El Paso Times 27
Vatican officials insist it's nothing "revolutionary," but to many other people Pope Benedict XVI's recent comments regarding condom use mark an important moment in the battle against AIDS and an effort by the pontiff to burnish his image and legacy. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 08

United States

#22 Nov 29, 2010
"There may be a basis in the case of some individuals, as perhaps when a male prostitute uses a condom, where this can be a first step in the direction of a moralization, a first assumption of responsibility, on the way toward recovering an awareness that not everything is allowed and that one cannot do whatever one wants. But it is not really the way to deal with evil of HIV infection. That can really lie only in a humanization of sexuality."

“Call me Sheryl please”

Since: Nov 10

Stroudsburg

#23 Dec 1, 2010
Jitney wrote:
"There may be a basis in the case of some individuals, as perhaps when a male prostitute uses a condom, where this can be a first step in the direction of a moralization, a first assumption of responsibility, on the way toward recovering an awareness that not everything is allowed and that one cannot do whatever one wants. But it is not really the way to deal with evil of HIV infection. That can really lie only in a humanization of sexuality."
I find it hard to believe the pope is showing some concern for people.

El Paso, TX

#24 Dec 1, 2010
sheryl-2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, my friend?

“Call me Sheryl please”

Stroudsburg

#25 Dec 1, 2010
Jitney wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, my friend?
At least permitting condoms in SOME cases -- isn't that thoughtful of the unholy father? Like anybody needs his permission anyway - but - he DOES make the rules for heaven and earth, doesn't he?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#26 Dec 2, 2010
sheryl-2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it hard to believe that people are suckered into thinking AIDS is going to be stopped by condom usage.

Have you seen the amount of Trojans in the U.S.?

Have you seen how high the rate of AIDS still is?

This proves you aren't the real Sheryl. I'm not as stupid as you are.

United States

#27 Dec 2, 2010
sheryl-2 wrote:
<quoted text>
At least permitting condoms in SOME cases -- isn't that thoughtful of the unholy father? Like anybody needs his permission anyway - but - he DOES make the rules for heaven and earth, doesn't he?
Does he, my friend?

“Call me Sheryl please”

Stroudsburg

#28 Dec 2, 2010
SherylReal wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it hard to believe that people are suckered into thinking AIDS is going to be stopped by condom usage.
Have you seen the amount of Trojans in the U.S.?
Have you seen how high the rate of AIDS still is?
This proves you aren't the real Sheryl. I'm not as stupid as you are.
You are incredibly stupid and ignorant - and if I'm not the real sheryl, who am I? hehe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stockholms, Sweden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Diverse Sweden Rushes to Embrace (and Become) a... (Aug '14) Dec '14 J_a_n 2
News End to End 5G for Super, Superfast Mobile Nov '14 New China 1
News Contruction worker has 'Sweden's best beard' Oct '14 wanna-jay 1
News 50 years after receiving Nobel Prize, do Martin... Oct '14 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
News Pointers for boosting prophylactic bipolar trea... Oct '14 NAMI Run By Pharma 1
News Genetic and Environmental Influences Are Equall... (May '14) Jul '14 friend DUHZ it again 13
News Mick Jagger plans Rolling Stones museum (Jul '14) Jul '14 Back to Bachics 4
More from around the web