Condom remarks may alter AIDS fight, pope's legacy

Full story: El Paso Times

Vatican officials insist it's nothing "revolutionary," but to many other people Pope Benedict XVI's recent comments regarding condom use mark an important moment in the battle against AIDS and an effort by the pontiff to burnish his image and legacy.
Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Dec 2, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
duh

San Antonio, TX

#1 Nov 22, 2010
This pope is a idiot, no one can compare to Pope John Paul, he was the best Pope ever, good teachings and thru his life he showed how strong was his faith, this pope benedict, is just like his name, a benedict arnold...
Tea Cup

Canada

#2 Nov 22, 2010
Remember Pope John Paul love the arts the theater. He use to be an actor. That should tell you something.

He was well aware about the child abuse crime (they call it sins) problems.

Cardinal Bernard Law????
NObama

El Paso, TX

#3 Nov 22, 2010
Stop engaging in risky behaviour!

That's the best way to combat the spread of AIDS.
Fun Facts

Houston, TX

#4 Nov 22, 2010
Tea Cup wrote:
Remember Pope John Paul love the arts the theater. He use to be an actor. That should tell you something.
He was well aware about the child abuse crime (they call it sins) problems.
Cardinal Bernard Law????
No...that's Ronald Reagen that was the actor...
Lovely Heart

Laguna Beach, CA

#5 Nov 22, 2010
All Popes have been an influence in all of us. But i can't help to say that Pope Benedict hs a good head on his shoulders as well.

You have to give him a chance and at least he is thinking of how to save a few lives from this terrible type of death. all of you know this virus is just not spread through whatever kind of behavior (NObama learn to spell)but throught blood transfusions, and needles, not just sex. so i will back up the pope 100% at least he has tried to do something while he is there. what has the so called President Done??????
Philomena Carolan

Tunbridge Wells, UK

#6 Nov 22, 2010
If you have a married man sleeping with a prostitute, he is being unfaithful to his wife, don't you think Pope, so using a condom with a prostitute makes that alright to go back home and sleep with your wife.

The Pope is not making one ounce of sense.
How Sad

El Paso, TX

#7 Nov 22, 2010
Apparently the Popes are worried about condoms and the fear of STD, blah, blah, blah, what about all the kids that were sexually abuse by priests over the years? Where is this so called justice for these ruin lives? John Paul II and Benedict shadow all this over the years. These works are of the Satan and the Popes covered it up. The Catholic church should be a shame of itself.

So much for these so called "spiritual leaders". They talk there own personal language and not God's word. But the best part of this that God is watching and nobody will escape his wrath for this horrible behavior.

Ezekiel 18:30: "Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn [yourselves] from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin."
El Topo de Wyoming Street

Youngstown, OH

#8 Nov 22, 2010
This is GREAT news for little Catholic boys! Priests, Bishops, Cardinals, and Nuns, too!
ZiaMiddleView

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Nov 22, 2010
No to condoms. Yes to abstinence! Ask Bristol Palin how well it works.
get the facts

Dallas, TX

#10 Nov 22, 2010
WOW

Sacramento, CA

#11 Nov 22, 2010
Lovely Heart wrote:
All Popes have been an influence in all of us. But i can't help to say that Pope Benedict hs a good head on his shoulders as well.
You have to give him a chance and at least he is thinking of how to save a few lives from this terrible type of death. all of you know this virus is just not spread through whatever kind of behavior (NObama learn to spell)but throught blood transfusions, and needles, not just sex. so i will back up the pope 100% at least he has tried to do something while he is there. what has the so called President Done??????
Apparently your education has failed you. Your talking about a political issue verse a spiritual issue. The President has NOTHING to do with this. Read the article again and think about what you are going to write.

If you actually support the Pope you are being lead by a man that will be destruction to this world. WAKE UP!
Tea Cup

Canada

#12 Nov 22, 2010
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
I was responding to the poster talking about Pope John Paul II.

You are deflecting by saying Ronald Reagen. There is a difference between these two DEAD men.

Pope John Paul II loved to act before he became a priest. Look it up "Fun Facts".
CacaConPelos

El Paso, TX

#13 Nov 22, 2010
lmao!

Since: Jul 10

United States

#14 Nov 22, 2010
One of my reactions when a 15 year told me she was pregnant. I asked if she had used any form of birth control. She said no because it was against the catholic doctrine. Then I asked her, doesn't the catholic doctrine also against pre-marital sex? She did not know how to answer. I told her she cannot pick and choose which doctrine to follow to suit her. I tell this same story now. I also say that children bringing in children is not a wise thing. STD's are also not a good thing. Use condoms. Teach your children well and be open about things.
Philomena Carolan

Tunbridge Wells, UK

#16 Nov 27, 2010
How Sad,

I can't help but, quite agree with you.

Thank you
Philomena Carolan

Tunbridge Wells, UK

#17 Nov 27, 2010
really001

Here, here.
Sheryl

Hamburg, NJ

#18 Nov 28, 2010
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
And Reagan was a lousy actor at that....
Sheryl

Hamburg, NJ

#19 Nov 28, 2010
really001 wrote:
One of my reactions when a 15 year told me she was pregnant. I asked if she had used any form of birth control. She said no because it was against the catholic doctrine. Then I asked her, doesn't the catholic doctrine also against pre-marital sex? She did not know how to answer. I told her she cannot pick and choose which doctrine to follow to suit her. I tell this same story now. I also say that children bringing in children is not a wise thing. STD's are also not a good thing. Use condoms. Teach your children well and be open about things.
I've heard of cases like that. Have sex, but obey the rules and don't use birth control!
Lovely Heart

Laguna Beach, CA

#20 Nov 29, 2010
ZiaMiddleView wrote:
Now thats funny. this Bristol chick is so good in telling other teenage girls to pratice abstinence. And that it is hard raising a child so young, well if this is what she does, how come her younger Willow is now PREGNANT???

Please she can't dance and can't keep her L*** Crossed.

Since: Jul 08

United States

#21 Nov 29, 2010
ZiaMiddleView wrote:
Abstinence did not fail, my friend. Bristol failed to abstain.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stockholms, Sweden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Diverse Sweden Rushes to Embrace (and Become) a... Aug 12 Electra41 1
Genetic and Environmental Influences Are Equall... Jul '14 friend DUHZ it again 13
Mick Jagger plans Rolling Stones museum Jul '14 Back to Bachics 4
Lebanon County teen attends Nobel prize ceremon... (Dec '13) Dec '13 j helms 2
Nobel Prizes Awarded in Oslo, Stockholm (Dec '13) Dec '13 Dannywoka 2
Keith Richards Fumes at Poor Reviews - (Aug '07) Nov '13 skinny bones taco 13
Does "Global Warming Pause" Debate Miss Big Pic... (Sep '13) Oct '13 SpaceBlues 10
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Stockholms, Sweden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••