Warning over ovarian stimulation

Jul 3, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Andover Advertiser

Ovarian stimulation undertaken by women over 35 receiving fertility treatment may be leading to IVF failure, pregnancy loss or, more rarely, the birth of children with conditions such as Down's syndrome, according to a new study.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jul 5, 2011
DW Washburn

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2011

So is stimulating the ovaries a cause of certain birth defects or is it just a case of 'older' eggs? Down Syndrome appears to occur more frequently with pregnancies in women over 40. Just a thought.
IVF

Malmö, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

A very big thanks to researchers who have developed new technology and tools for clinics to counter those risks like cultivating the embryo to the Blastocyst stage, chromosome counting and rate of division using time-lapse cameras. Great news to hear that it will greatly contribute to eliminating miscarriages and Down’s Syndrome. It’s wonderful to hear success rates are closer now to 100% than ever before.

See. http://www.bbc.co.uk/search/news/...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stockholm, Sweden Discussions

Search the Stockholm, Sweden Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who really controls Swedish government? Jul 17 Carl 1
Genetic and Environmental Influences Are Equall... Jul 11 friend DUHZ it again 13
Mick Jagger plans Rolling Stones museum Jul 11 Back to Bachics 4
Köpa tramadol? Jul 9 Linda 1
Swedish America May '14 Concerned_American 1
Corliss Review Group: This is what the new reve... Apr '14 Anonymous 1
Canada 3 Sweden 0 Feb '14 HOCKEY GUY 1
•••
•••