cryptozoology: entertainment?

cryptozoology: entertainment?

Posted in the Zoology Forum

Abishai100

Clementon, NJ

#1 Apr 7, 2011
Cryptozoologists investigate if mysterious or unexplained evolutionary deviations and creatures exist uncatalogued or miscalatolgued by mainstream scientists.

Many scientists question if cryptozoology is a valid field of study, given the earnest work of real zoologists in studies involving realistic biological distortions.

Nevertheless, various mysterious animal species and nearly-mythological creatures such as Bigfoot, the Jersey Devil, and the Loch Ness Monster are studied by cryptozoologists. For example, cryptozoologists investigate if the Loch Ness Monster may be a descendant of a Plesiosaur dinosaur that survived the meteor-collision induced Jurassic Era mass extinction of dinosaurs on planet Earth.

There are many evolutionary and cultural mysteries on planet Earth: for example, why is Iceland mostly green and Greenland mostly icy, given their inherited names and social symbols?

So it is prudent if offbeat academic fields such as cryptozoology bolster the psychological appeal of Hollywood (USA0 movies (and movie posters!) such as "Mystery Men" (1999), "Incident at Loch Ness" (2004) and "Body of Lies" (2008).

Are they printing movie posters on hemp/recycled paper yet?

God bless!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zoology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elk vs Warthog Apr '17 Franky 1
Zoology Education (Jan '17) Jan '17 desireet10 1
Furniture for Sale Sunderland UK (Apr '16) Apr '16 FISH11L 1
News 5 giant, dead whales all washed ashore near one... (Feb '16) Feb '16 langham research ... 1
Help me find out what this animal is. (Jan '15) Jan '15 Jrjensen 1
Locomotary Evolution (Dec '14) Dec '14 Anonymous 1
Reconsidering University Degree Bsc Zoology (Jul '14) Jul '14 tankgirl 1
More from around the web