Mukica

Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2009

I have seen in CSI episode "Lab rats" a rat bursting out of human carcass stomach...
So I was curious, is there any chance, whatsoever,that rat would get inside of human body digestive system...
and if possible, could you link me to books and articles about a particular case, if there is any of course.
Thx in advance

“Kia Ora! see my webpage”

Since: Dec 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

yes, It is possible for a rat to be found inside the corpse of a human or any other animal for that matter. But it's not likely that the rat entered the corpse's stomach by crawling into its mouth, down its throat, through the intestine and then finally, coming to rest inside the stomach. If one is inside the body the( stomach area,) the rat most likely gnawed a whole directly from the outside into the corpse's stomach and then entered he stomach from the whole it made. The rat wouldn‘t “burst“ out of the corpse but simply exit through the whole it made earlier.

There have been cases of rats being found in the mouths of dead people though. I’m sorry I don’ have any links to give.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2010

It would largely depend upon how logn the person had been dead and if stomach acid was still present. If acid is present the rat would not survive it. If the body is decomposing to point where acid would no longer be found, or if the body had been drained of fluids already then it's entirely possible.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

Disgusting! Why would anyone want to delve into such things?
Joe

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2010

Eva Estelle wrote:
yes, It is possible for a rat to be found inside the corpse of a human or any other animal for that matter. But it's not likely that the rat entered the corpse's stomach by crawling into its mouth, down its throat, through the intestine and then finally, coming to rest inside the stomach. If one is inside the body the( stomach area,) the rat most likely gnawed a whole directly from the outside into the corpse's stomach and then entered he stomach from the whole it made. The rat wouldn‘t “burst“ out of the corpse but simply exit through the whole it made earlier.
There have been cases of rats being found in the mouths of dead people though. I’m sorry I don’ have any links to give.
The Stomach is actually before the intestine so it wouldn't be that long of a trip. Still more likely that they'd gnaw a hole in them than take that route, but I just wanted you to know for future reference.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••