Can a human be classified as animal?

Can a human be classified as animal?

Posted in the Zoology Forum

“Jesus forgives..... ”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#1 Sep 1, 2010
Nope! I won't claim myself an animal. I won't use the features in animals as norms to classify human into animal kingdom. What say you smart and intelligent scientists.
Yooooork

Norwich, UK

#2 Feb 2, 2011
I say your an mug.
anonymous

Vacaville, CA

#3 May 14, 2011
Yes! We're not plants are we?! We are mammals such as many other animals. Some religious people don't believe that we are though. Humans are supposed to be "special" or something.
suparna

Mumbai, India

#4 Oct 16, 2011
Well, i think we are a great example of evolution of animal kind...According to many researcher's human are very similar to animals biologically... Mostly we are closely related to monkey , chimpanzee.. When human embryo was compared with pig's,chicken's,rabbit's,cow etc embryo we found similarites till some stages... Our evolution makes us diffrent from others apparently.. Bt we origins are quite similar with animals....
Aaron

North Bay, Canada

#6 Nov 22, 2011
It doesn't really matter how you 'feel' about the word animal when we're using it in a scientific way. Whether or not you like it, you're stuck in the Kingdom Animalia, you Animal!
Springly

Ainslie, Australia

#7 Dec 8, 2011
Yes, you are. Much as we would like to believe we are some special creatures distinct from the animal kingdom, we are demonstrably the top end of a scale of intelligence, rather than something different and unique.

We lucked out while we were evolving, and that's that.

Everything that we once thought divided us from the animals has turned out to be wrong. Emotions? Consciousness? Both present in great apes. Language? Cetaceans. Grief? Mourning? Elephants.

Sorry, you're just a mammal, baby.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zoology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Furniture for Sale Sunderland UK (Apr '16) Apr '16 FISH11L 1
News 5 giant, dead whales all washed ashore near one... (Feb '16) Feb '16 langham research ... 1
Help me find out what this animal is. (Jan '15) Jan '15 Jrjensen 1
Locomotary Evolution (Dec '14) Dec '14 Anonymous 1
Reconsidering University Degree Bsc Zoology (Jul '14) Jul '14 tankgirl 1
The All New and Improved B.S. Thread (Jan '14) May '14 NY Beach Bum 35
Peacocks: Animalia (Apr '14) Apr '14 Abishai100 1
More from around the web