Why Arabs are so easily Offended

Why Arabs are so easily Offended

There are 14 comments on the www.israelnationalnews.com story from Sep 30, 2012, titled Why Arabs are so easily Offended. In it, www.israelnationalnews.com reports that:

“Call me Ishmael” is the opening sentence that opens the novel “Moby Dick” authored by Herman Melville. Ishmael, who is telling the story of Moby Dick, recounts that he is sailing to sea out of a sense of alienation and cultural inadequacy ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.israelnationalnews.com.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Sep 30, 2012
from israelnationalnews:

"In Muslim culture, anger is seen as a sign of strength. To Muslims, being aggressive is a way of gaining respect ...

"In Western culture, self-confidence is connected with the ability to meet criticism calmly and to respond rationally ...

"In Muslim culture it is the opposite; it is honorable to respond aggressively and to engage in a physical fight in order to scare or force critics to withdraw, even if this results in a prison sentence or even death. They see non-aggressive responses to such threats and violence as a sign of a vulnerability that is to be exploited ...

"'Locus of control' is a term used in psychology, and relates to the way in which people feel that their lives are controlled ... Muslims are brought up to have an 'outer locus of control'... This shapes their way of thinking, and means that when things go wrong, it is always the fault of others or the situation."

Inshallah!
Naturally Wired

Jonquière, Canada

#2 Sep 30, 2012
The recent Mohammed movie.....muslims worldwide rioting, burning death to the USA etc and calling for the death of those involved in the movie. Calling for the reduction in western freedom's of speech.

Russian Orthodox Church, Christian....just 5 mins ago on the news asking for clemency and forgiveness for the members of the band P(topix won't let me write it)Riot who descecrated a church.

Mohammed inspires death, destruction, dominance and no forgiveness.

Christ inspired forgiveness, mercy and a chance for salvation.

Christinaity and islam cannot be compared.

“Mad as Hell”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#3 Sep 30, 2012
Muslims will use any excuse to start a riot.
In some cases they will invent an excuse by
fabricating evidence.
This young Buddist priest claims he was set up:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-30/rioters...

This young girl was falsely accused by a Muslim priest:
http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2012...
Mawar

Nibong Tebal, Malaysia

#4 Oct 1, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
from israelnationalnews:
"In Muslim culture, anger is seen as a sign of strength. To Muslims, being aggressive is a way of gaining respect ...
"In Western culture, self-confidence is connected with the ability to meet criticism calmly and to respond rationally ...
"In Muslim culture it is the opposite; it is honorable to respond aggressively and to engage in a physical fight in order to scare or force critics to withdraw, even if this results in a prison sentence or even death. They see non-aggressive responses to such threats and violence as a sign of a vulnerability that is to be exploited ...
"'Locus of control' is a term used in psychology, and relates to the way in which people feel that their lives are controlled ... Muslims are brought up to have an 'outer locus of control'... This shapes their way of thinking, and means that when things go wrong, it is always the fault of others or the situation."
Inshallah!
In western culture, it is normal to be oblivious to a corrupt act even when such occurs in front of the eyes, in broad daylight.

In Muslim culture, inability to react to a corrupt act is a sign of lack of faith.

Consider this hadisth:

Abu Sa"id al-Khudri, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) had said:

"Whoever amongst you sees anything objectionable, let him change it with his hand, if he is not able, then with his tongue, and if he is not even able to do so, then with his heart, and the latter is the weakest form of faith."[1]

(1. reported by Muslim)

Thus the widespread of corruption in the west is due to lack of concern among the people which we must prevent from happening in our Islamic realm.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#5 Oct 1, 2012
Mawar wrote:
<quoted text>
In western culture, it is normal to be oblivious to a corrupt act even when such occurs in front of the eyes, in broad daylight.
In Muslim culture, inability to react to a corrupt act is a sign of lack of faith.
Consider this hadisth:
Abu Sa"id al-Khudri, may Allah be pleased with him, reported that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) had said:
"Whoever amongst you sees anything objectionable, let him change it with his hand ...
Tom, Western culture calls that "taking the law into your own hands".
Max

Montréal, Canada

#6 Oct 1, 2012
Saleemz and greetings, false idolaters. You, once again, misinterpret the Arabs with your islamophobia. How would you feel, if you lived in a desert, with all the girls your age already living with guys 20 years older than you are? They are already married at 10 years old. Its like when you have a hard time finding a girlfriend when you re out of high school, except for me, it started when I was out of preliminary school. I really like my sheep Bertha, she comforts me in my times of need.
Mawar

Nibong Tebal, Malaysia

#7 Oct 1, 2012
Dick,

'Why Arabs are so easily Offended' is not the correct question.

In my experience in interaction with Arabs, they are not the kind who can easily be offended. Instead, most of them are thick eared, and will withstand some resonable amount of abuse, and then easily forgive.

I think the right question is 'Why Arabs are so easily angered'.

The answer is all dwellers in desert environment
easily get angry, but easily forgive too.

So Dick (Joe 'Dick' aro), this question is neither about Islam nor Muslim, either.
Sandy

Guelph, Canada

#8 Oct 1, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
from israelnationalnews:
Inshallah!
Quite true. I worked in the Middle East for fifteen years and I know the way Arabs and Muslims interact with others. The familiar smiles we experience with the common man of the streets, Airport counters,business houses,and churches of western countreis are very rare to find here.The more aggressive you are,the more respect you get with Muslims. Probably this is the result of the qur'anic verse"instil fear in the hearts of non believers".
LBer

Long Beach, CA

#9 Oct 1, 2012
Inferiority complex.

Made all the worse by the Information Age, as Muslims can see how non-Muslims around the world live.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#10 Oct 1, 2012
LBer wrote:
Inferiority complex ...
... the mother of the superiority complex, according to Freud.

“PROUD INFIDEL”

Since: Nov 08

The Crusades got it right!

#11 Oct 1, 2012
muslims and their moon god are offended by all things non-islamic.

Germany

#12 Oct 2, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... the mother of the superiority complex, according to Freud.
Gee, I never looked at it that way. Very comprehensible.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#13 Oct 5, 2012
muslim Inbreeding also affect negatively intelligence, physical appearance, height and a multitude of other phenotypes. While inbreeding is in large part related to why arabs are the way they are – appearance, height, lack of conventional physical beauty etc also keep in mind that they often come from extremely harsh environment where choosing inbreeding (as disgusting as it is for more heterogeneous and more adapted individuals) was sometimes the only way to survive. Although I agree sometimes you might feel non-being might have been better for them, when you see the horrors that were committed by them in the name of Islam.
It is true for Muslims but also pretty much the whole arab world (Muslim or otherwise)in general. Arabs being modern inadequates, their evolutionary expression as DNA vehicles would tend to follow the angry and hateful phenotype path
Zontormasterof1

United States

#15 Oct 5, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
from israelnationalnews:
Inshallah!
read "the closed circle" this whole mess was predicted years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Psychology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nano implant abuses! (Jan '16) 5 hr bfhyr76 98
Loss of parent during childhood.... how does it... (Jan '09) 12 hr Carol 33
want to buy used psychological test kits (Apr '13) 18 hr currenttestsforsale 180
HELP! I can't remember this term and it's drivi... Wed Shakin N Stirred 2
News When There's No Therapist, How Can The Depresse... Jan 15 misbehaved 26
News Who Looks After the President's Mental Health? Jan 15 misbehaved 3
Masturbation,Bad for the human mind? (Mar '07) Jan 13 muhd 441
More from around the web