STUDY: Homophobes Terrified You'll Make a Pass at Them

Jul 10, 2013 Full story: www.gay.net 1,002

The reason behind prejudices such as racism and homophobia have been contributed to a wide range of factors, but a new study suggests that the root of sexual prejudice is directly related to the fear some people have of unwanted sexual advances by someone of the same gender, reports the Huffington Post .

Full Story
First Prev
of 51
Next Last

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#1 Jul 10, 2013
There's way too much self-flattery from such homophobes. Usually the ones who are most afraid of "unwanted sexual advances" are the ones who are so ugly no one would be interested in them in the first place, regardless of their sexual orientation.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#3 Jul 10, 2013
It not so much that closet case phobes are afraid to get hit on, it's the desire they feel to want it to happen that terrifies them. Look at ole Pepper that posts under hundreds of other usernames on a daily basis. He's living proof!

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#4 Jul 10, 2013
GoldenGator wrote:
There's way too much self-flattery from such homophobes. Usually the ones who are most afraid of "unwanted sexual advances" are the ones who are so ugly no one would be interested in them in the first place, regardless of their sexual orientation.
I agree. And if they believe striking out violently, sometimes murderously, towards someone for a real, or imagined, unwanted sexual advance is justified, do they feel the same way about a str8 person striking out violently, or murderously, at another str8 person for an unwanted sexual advance (real or imagined)?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#5 Jul 10, 2013
I'd be flattered. Not terribly interested but flattered nonetheless.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#6 Jul 10, 2013
Or terrified that you won't?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#7 Jul 10, 2013
There's hope in the next generation ...



ROFL

Since: May 12

Livonia, MI

#8 Jul 10, 2013
Apatheist wrote:
I'd be flattered. Not terribly interested but flattered nonetheless.
Exactly. I've been hit on by women (ewww...just kidding...sort of) and I don't go beating on her. Rather, I go screaming into the night, yelling "Cooties, cooties" ... a perfectly measured response.

Actually, I just lean over and quietly say to her that I'm gay. That usually settles it. I have gotten the "what a waste" (no, not really) or "are you sure" (yes, quite) responses, but never did any violence ensue.

I guess "straight" men are just more brutish. It definitely sounds like a psychological problem with them. Maybe someone should start an "Ex-Thug" movement to help these poor boys out.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#10 Jul 10, 2013
snyper wrote:
There's hope in the next generation ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wswbp-fC5pkXX
ROFL
ROFL !

Great !

:)

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#12 Jul 10, 2013
DragonHung wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. I've been hit on by women (ewww...just kidding...sort of) and I don't go beating on her. Rather, I go screaming into the night, yelling "Cooties, cooties" ... a perfectly measured response.
Actually, I just lean over and quietly say to her that I'm gay. That usually settles it. I have gotten the "what a waste" (no, not really) or "are you sure" (yes, quite) responses, but never did any violence ensue.
I guess "straight" men are just more brutish. It definitely sounds like a psychological problem with them. Maybe someone should start an "Ex-Thug" movement to help these poor boys out.
I'm pretty straight as such goes. It wouldn't bother me in the least. So I suppose by some scales that makes me bi. LOL

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#13 Jul 10, 2013
Apatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty straight as such goes. It wouldn't bother me in the least. So I suppose by some scales that makes me bi. LOL
naw. Just straight-but-not-narrow.

DNF

“Judge more and you love less”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH-Baltimore MD-S.Fla

#14 Jul 10, 2013
Pepper wrote:
LMFAO the fagg@ts should be the ones terrified to make passes at normal straight people. I would think they would value their health.
Right:

http://imgur.com/gallery/RoDKF

I've been in fights with your kind and guess what. I ended up bloody but they rode in the ambulance.

Poor POODLE:


Hey i saw you on YouTube again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#15 Jul 10, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
naw. Just straight-but-not-narrow.
For sure. I really need to cut back on soda.

DNF

“Judge more and you love less”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH-Baltimore MD-S.Fla

#16 Jul 10, 2013
NE Jade wrote:
It not so much that closet case phobes are afraid to get hit on, it's the desire they feel to want it to happen that terrifies them. Look at ole Pepper that posts under hundreds of other usernames on a daily basis. He's living proof!
BAZINGA!

and so true. What they don't understand is we aren't their type; we aren't latex and inflatable!

DNF

“Judge more and you love less”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH-Baltimore MD-S.Fla

#18 Jul 10, 2013
Apatheist wrote:
I'd be flattered. Not terribly interested but flattered nonetheless.
You'd be amazed at he number of straight guys who got upset that I didn't think they were hot! But more simply don't care one way or the other. They have self confidence, which homophobes lack.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#19 Jul 10, 2013
MOST str8 guys I've met are perfectly relaxed and not threatened by beig around gay guys.

The homophobes are often comical around gay guys I remember a big fat str8 guy getting beet-red in the face and all flustered, when in an unplanned moment, I just jokingly said to him: "Hey Bert ! NICE shoes ya got there !"

LOL (TRUE !)
Chance

Grove City, PA

#20 Jul 10, 2013
This is a hoot. Passes from a gay? Give it a whirl and find out what happens.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#21 Jul 10, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>You'd be amazed at he number of straight guys who got upset that I didn't think they were hot! But more simply don't care one way or the other. They have self confidence, which homophobes lack.
I don't really get it, to be honest. Just because a gay person might find you interesting does not mean that you must have some latent homosexual vibe within you. LOL It's loopy.

But, then again, those that are the most homophobic I think DO tend to have a little bit in 'em, if you know what I mean - so perhaps there's something to that. They react strongly because they're afraid to face that part of themselves.
Gayboy

New York, NY

#22 Jul 10, 2013
My history is definitely true. Grew up in the 70’s and was terrified by my “dirty thoughts” about other boys, and tried my hardest to be straight. When I got hit on twice at age 17 within a week, I was sure I was given off some “vibe”. I shunned gays and was extremely homophobic. I had a gay cousin, who the family disowned. I ran into him right after the 2 “hits”, and I asked why suddenly this was happening to me. He just laughed and told me because I was incredibly “cute and sexy”. Over the next few years, I came to accept that I was gay, and nothing would change that. I had my first relationship, came out, and never looked back.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#23 Jul 10, 2013
Apatheist wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't really get it, to be honest. Just because a gay person might find you interesting does not mean that you must have some latent homosexual vibe within you. LOL It's loopy.
But, then again, those that are the most homophobic I think DO tend to have a little bit in 'em, if you know what I mean - so perhaps there's something to that. They react strongly because they're afraid to face that part of themselves.
And from what I have read over the decades, a very large percentage of gay males, usually as teens, have engaged in gay sex at some point n their lives, and it didn't "turn them gay" (RATS !:()

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#24 Jul 10, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
And from what I have read over the decades, a very large percentage of gay males, usually as teens, have engaged in gay sex at some point n their lives, and it didn't "turn them gay" (RATS !:()
Sex is a funny thing. So much a head case.*ahem*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 51
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Psychology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Live Psychology Chatroom (Dec '09) 14 hr Hamda 78
Same-sex married couple of Faisalabad jailed fo... (Dec '07) Dec 23 asim khan 207
Passengers who survived Air Transat flight in 2... Dec 22 clickjogos 4
textures, repetitive pattern phobia (Dec '07) Dec 21 not here 629
Desperate shortages leave Ukraine ill-prepared ... Dec 15 government of Ukr... 1
Desperate shortages leave Ukraine ill-prepared ... Dec 15 Pro Belarus 11
CIA medics played role in torture of prisoners Dec 14 Cordwainer Trout 7
More from around the web