First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“God loves to heal people”

Since: Nov 07

Harrogate, UK

#1 May 20, 2008
Sean, please don't think I am being rude in any way, but I want to ask you something, and I certainly don't mean to be rude at all.

It's just that the way you communicate is so much like my son, who is autistic. Also, you are obviously very intellegent, and so is he. Autistic people are often very intellegent.

Are you autistic also?

Hope I haven't caused you any offence by asking you that question, I certainly don't mean to. Forgive me please if I have.
Sean

Reliance, TN

#2 May 31, 2008
Zoompad wrote:
Sean, please don't think I am being rude in any way, but I want to ask you something, and I certainly don't mean to be rude at all.
It's just that the way you communicate is so much like my son, who is autistic. Also, you are obviously very intellegent, and so is he. Autistic people are often very intellegent.
Are you autistic also?
Hope I haven't caused you any offence by asking you that question, I certainly don't mean to. Forgive me please if I have.
Way I communicate?

What way do YOU communicate?

I have no idea what you are talking about.

People "communicate" when the type words, speak, or use sign language. Sometimes they use Morse Code. What is your point? And for the record, no I am not "autistic", whatever that is supposed to mean. Are you retarded? Or do you live on another planet? Do aliens from outer space use computers?

What kind of absurd question is that?

What do I look like I am doing on here?

Math equations? Reciting mathematical calculations
right off the top of my head like Rainman?

What is your point? It makes no sense.

How I "communicate?"

How do YOU commuicate, Zoompad? Here's a question for you, too, and I don't mean to be rude, either:

Have you been huffing glue?
Sean

Reliance, TN

#3 May 31, 2008
I use the English language to "communicate".

What language do you use? Look like the same thing to me. English.

Now is there another question you have that is sane?
Sean

Reliance, TN

#4 May 31, 2008
By the way, if you are referring to my occasional typo mistakes (as in "Look = Looks", or "when the = when THEY type words"), how does that account any different than the THOUSANDS of people on the entire Topix forum, or for that matter, ANY other forum (or blog) on the internet?

Explain what the hell you are talking about, please.

You are not making any sense.
Sean

Reliance, TN

#5 May 31, 2008
What is your point?

Oxford, UK

#6 Jun 2, 2008
I am very sorry. I didn't mean to upset you.

Oxford, UK

#7 Jun 2, 2008
Autistic people are not retarded. A lot of autistic people are very intelligent.

My son is autistic and although I have not been diagnosed I suspect I may be as well.
the truth

Knoxville, TN

#8 Jun 2, 2008
Don't worry your head even a little bit about Sean, he is "pulling your leg" when he says you don't make any sense. He is not sensitive or hurt even a little bit by what you wrote, about what we call Asperger's Syndrome ( or Asperger Syndrome), the new name for highly verbal autistic folks like my chess-playing brother, the statistitian for the government.

You did him a favor. He likes to be provocative, but he is really a mild, UNDERSTANDING person. I love the way he goes on and on...and he does too! Peole who know Sean know that your writing did him a favor in giving him a chance to comment. Thank you and good luck.

Oxford, UK

#9 Jun 3, 2008
Thank you, I really never meant to offend or hurt anyone.

Aspergers runs in our family genes and my son and also my brother are also really good at games like chess.

But I don't think I should have said what I said, I ought to have given it more thought. So again, Sean, please don't take offence at me, because I never meant to give any offence.

The Big Time

“Runs Like a Deere”

Since: Jan 07

Forest Park, GA

#10 Jun 4, 2008
Human beings depend on an essential tool for resolving their conflicts – a product of the evolution of their own brains, and something which differentiates them from other living beings on the planet – language. This tool is fundamental for the achievement of interaction and the evolution of individuals towards a shared society.

Language is the tool of learning through debate and dialogue. It is a meeting point, the common ground from which agreements are generated, and conflicts and avoided and resolved. It is through language that society must find the paths to tolerance.

When it is understood in this way, language becomes much more than communication – it is a tool to change the world.
neighbor

Knoxville, TN

#11 Jun 5, 2008
Sean wrote:
How do you define sane? Do you espouse mental health catagories or do you just fling insults?

Some say there is not mental illness.

Some say there is soul illness. Some say God is in the personality's "heart". Some say that we make up a giant parent, a super daddy: God.
Legion

Knoxville, TN

#12 Jun 8, 2008
Sean wrote:
Your response to this honest questioning was not apprpriate. She was trying to be social and polite. I cannot say that much for yourself. What kind of psyco-monster are you?
rst

Houston, TX

#13 Jun 8, 2008
Sean wrote:
<quoted text>
Way I communicate?
What way do YOU communicate?
I have no idea what you are talking about.
People "communicate" when the type words, speak, or use sign language. Sometimes they use Morse Code. What is your point? And for the record, no I am not "autistic", whatever that is supposed to mean. Are you retarded? Or do you live on another planet? Do aliens from outer space use computers?
What kind of absurd question is that?
What do I look like I am doing on here?
Math equations? Reciting mathematical calculations
right off the top of my head like Rainman?
What is your point? It makes no sense.
How I "communicate?"
How do YOU commuicate, Zoompad? Here's a question for you, too, and I don't mean to be rude, either:
Have you been huffing glue?
I'm afraid you are in an awful position, Sean. Either you admit to your readers that you are using some meds or pot to write the obsessive way that you presented to us or it's obvious that you are a "rude one". Alright! Let us hear from you which it is.
lonestar

Houston, TX

#14 Jun 8, 2008
Zoompad wrote:
Ture you did not. But that is an unacceptable state of affairs with "Lord" Sean. He sees offence in your open honesty because you do have reason. This sort is more at home being outright insulted.
old fellow

Houston, TX

#15 Jun 8, 2008
Hyppocrit is the only term that comes to mind when considering Sean's writings.
neighbor

Knoxville, TN

#16 Jun 8, 2008
neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you define sane? Do you espouse mental health catagories or do you just fling insults?
Some say there is not mental illness.
Some say there is soul illness. Some say God is in the personality's "heart". Some say that we make up a giant parent, a super daddy: God.

Sean? Cat got your tongue?
Blake

Knoxville, TN

#17 Jun 13, 2008
neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
Sean? Cat got your tongue?
No, the obvious needs only to be said to the stupid.
Solomon

Morrison, TN

#18 Jul 2, 2008
Good call, Blake.

I might also add this:

Those who love knowledge want to be told when they are wrong. It is stupid to hate being corrected.

Also...

If you refuse to learn, you are hurting yourself. If you accept correction, you will be wiser.

And...

Do not rebuke a mocker or he will hate you;
rebuke a wise man and he will love you.

And also....

The mocker seeks wisdom and finds none,
but knowledge comes easily to the discerning.
Sean

Morrison, TN

#19 Jul 15, 2008
Zoompad wrote:
I am sorry you have a lot of wishful thinking, too. Whatever.
Sean

Morrison, TN

#20 Jul 15, 2008
Zoompad wrote:
Autistic people are not retarded. A lot of autistic people are very intelligent.
My son is autistic and although I have not been diagnosed I suspect I may be as well.
No, you probably are not "autistic". You are probably just brainwashed by the media who wish to project what they do to influence you as much as they desperately try to do to me, so they can have you become another mindless robot that parrots psychobabble like a good rhetoritician used for their exploits, or to peddle their products for Big Pharma. Are you sure you haven't been watching too many daytime television commercial breaks? Obviously, subliminal messages have subjugated your mindset. It is just what these con-artist opportunists want from you: your soul. They also want to numb you people’s minds. You are certainly satisfying their unrelenting appetites, are you not? I suggest to you that you should get rid of your TV like I did. It is the first step on the ultimate road to recovery.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Psychology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barry Conner The Oriole Mill Sun barry-theoriolemill 1
want to buy used psychological test kits (Apr '13) Sun Laura1220 120
Nano implant abuses! Jun 22 tuyrho 23
African & Caribbean individuals in UK needed fo... Jun 22 yaz 1
News Best Psychologist Jun 21 HumanSpirit 1
News Best and Worst of Psychology and Psychiatry - M... Jun 18 HumanSpirit 1
Theory of Calculable Cognition [new!] Jun 17 Rype Perspectives 1
More from around the web