New push made for psychologist prescr...

New push made for psychologist prescriptions

There are 210 comments on the Springfield News Leader story from Jan 15, 2009, titled New push made for psychologist prescriptions. In it, Springfield News Leader reports that:

Jefferson City -- Supporters of legislation to allow trained psychologists to prescribe medication have renewed their effort for the 2009 session, stressing the need to give rural patients access to treatment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Springfield News Leader.

Jack Frost

Victoria, TX

#23 Jan 19, 2009
HumanSpirit wrote:
Not a Scientologist.
I didn't say $cientologist. I said OT VIII, Xenu and volcano.

Not many people outside $cientology recognize those as their cult terms.
Jack Frost

Victoria, TX

#24 Jan 19, 2009
HumanSpirit wrote:
There is no science to psychiatry. Mental health is based on hearsay, voodoo, Tarot cards or crystal ball gazing. There is no evidence based medicine, no medical model and basically it's all about fraud and control for political reasons.
Ok, answer this. Ever since returning from fighting in Korea fifty-plus years ago, my friend had recurring nightmares. A few years ago a psychiatrist prescribed Prozac and the nightmares were no more.

How did this happen if there's no science?
HumanSpirit

Shepherdsville, KY

#25 Jan 19, 2009
Chemistry is a science. There is a chemical imbalance for the brain but unfortunately psychiatry doesn't have a test. They drugged millions before the APA admitted to the falsehood and the drugs and compromised millions of adults and children. The industry created a danger to the society by the violence, mass murders and suicides.

APA admits to fraud in mental health diagnoses by "Chemical Imbalance"

http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp...

There Are No "Chemical Imbalances"

"The hypothetical disturbances of neurochemical function that are said to underlie "mental illness" are just that: hypothetical. No experiment has ever shown that anyone has an "imbalance" of any neurotransmitters or any other brain chemicals. Nor could any conceivable experiment demonstrate the existence of a "chemical imbalance," simply because no one, least of all the biopsychiatrists, has the slightest idea what a proper and healthy chemical "balance" would look like."

"...the views and beliefs of biopsychiatry have nothing to do with the answers to scientific questions in any case: the hunt for biological "causes" of "mental illness" is an entirely fallacious enterprise in the first place; the non- existence of data to support its assertions is quite beside the point."

"The latest edition of one pharmacology text has this to say about the status of depression as a disease: "Despite extensive efforts, attempts to document the metabolic changes in human subjects predicted by these [biological] hypotheses have not, on balance, provided consistent or compelling corroboration." This is a long-winded way of admitting that not even a scrap of evidence supports the idea that depression results from a "chemical imbalance." Yet patients are told every day - by their doctors, by the media, and by drug company advertising - that it is a proven scientific fact that depression has a known biochemical origin. It follows directly that millions of Americans are being lied to by their doctors; and people surely can't give informed consent for drug treatment when what they're being "informed" by is a fraud.... To sum up: there is no evidence whatsoever to support the view that "mental illness" is biochemical in origin; in other words, things like "Unipolar Disorder" and "Attention Deficit Disorder" simply do not exist."
HumanSpirit

Alachua, FL

#26 Jan 19, 2009
Here's an odor leading to the mental health and counseling stench you smell. This really stinks.

A record of abuses in Wenatchee
The town of Wenatchee, Wash., made world headlines in 1994 and 1995 when police and state social workers undertook what was then called the nation's most extensive child sex-abuse investigation.

By the time it was done, at least 60 adults were arrested on 29,726 charges of child-sex abuse involving 43 children. Many of the accused were poor or developmentally disabled. Many cases were settled on the strength of confessions taken down by Wenatchee police Detective Bob Perez.

In February 1998, the Post-Intelligencer published a series of articles that documented overzealous -- and even abusive -- actions by Perez and social service caseworkers, civil rights violations by judges and prosecutors as well as sloppy work by public defenders.

Since then, many of the convicted have been freed by higher courts, largely through the work of The Innocence Project, a group of volunteer lawyers.

Part One (Monday, February 23, 1998)

Children sacrificed for the case
Allegations set up a puzzle of doubtful ethics, dubious facts
Full story

Detective a man who charmed, harmed
Trouble follows on and off the job
Full story
Part Two (Tuesday, February 24, 1998)
Children hurt by the system
Society's protectors bent, broke and ignored rules
Full story

Children shuttled to Idaho facility
Many of them admitted with vague diagnoses
Full story

Part Three (Wednesday, February 25,1998)
With every step, rights were trampled
Full story

The Accused
43 people were charged with more than 27,000 counts of child rape
Full story

'Lies, lies and more lies,' says jailed man
Migrant farm worker an easy target
Full story

Part Four (Thursday, February 26,1998)
'They robbed me of my childhood'
Full story

'Non-believers' risked everything for justice
A few united to help the accused
Full story

Social worker cries foul, pays dearly
Unwillingness to compromise costs her a job
Full story

Part Five (Friday, February 27,1998)
Lives ruined because lessons ignored
Full story

Justice's watchdogs looked the other way
Report finally changes tone of stories
Full story

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/powertoharm/
Jack Frost

Victoria, TX

#27 Jan 19, 2009
HumanSpirit wrote:
Chemistry is a science. There is a chemical imbalance for the brain but unfortunately psychiatry doesn't have a test. They drugged millions before the APA admitted to the falsehood and the drugs and compromised millions of adults and children. The industry created a danger to the society by the violence, mass murders and suicides.

Jackpot! You're outed little $cieno...

1. My question wasn't about "chemical imbalance for the brain." I wanted to know why Prozac works for my friend. Your diatribe about chemical imbalance is just a diversionary tactic.

2. Whenever anyone writes "The industry created a danger to the society by the violence, mass murders and suicides" or something similar it's a $cieno talking. There may have been an occasional murder or suicide attributed to psychotropic drugs but the problem doesn't approach "mass murders and suicides."

3. The link you gave is actually to a "press release" by something called CCHR. On CCHRs home page there is this statement "CCHR was founded in 1969 by the Church of Scientology and the internationally acclaimed author, Dr. Thomas Szasz, Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry at the State University of New York, Syracuse." http://www.cchr.org/about_cchr/

4. If the problem is as great as you and Tom Cruise believe it is, you wouldn't have to resort to $cieno press releases and 10-year-old articles to make your arguments. Google should produce ten current articles for yesterday alone.

Question: Does Prozac work?
HumanSpirit

Alachua, FL

#28 Jan 19, 2009
Jack. I am not a Scientologist.

Are you a "Black PR" man for the pharmaceutical industry or a member of the mental health Industry? You sound like one.

There are over one million other reports of the chemical imbalance fraud on Goggle. Search for yourself. I just picked one.

I haven't any thing against using the information obtained from Scientology as long as it is reliable and has the court case cited and using sources outside of Scientology. Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Note the number of psychologists and psychiatrist interviewed and the degrees of the narrators interviewing. I am happy that some one is doing something to enlighten the public otherwise we would be blind sighted with a lot of children psycho-drugged and lots of apathy in a child that deserves to run free in life without all those bogus tags and false diagnosed hanging around his head for the rest of his life. There is more to our society then the lies of the mental health industry. Don't you think?

Ref: Your friend was in the time frame of Korea conflict and (MKULTRA). There was lots of experiments on people unknown to them during that time period on various mind drugs. He could have been a victim that now like others that use the psychotropic drugs required mind drugs forever to maintain Serotonin levels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MKULTRA

By the way MKULTRA was during Preston Bush's timetable to which he supported with the CIA. His son, H W Bush later became operating officer of Eli Lilly Pharmaceutical and employed his son George Bush (our President) along with Ken Lay from the Enron hall of fame. That was the time frame that America experienced the Hippie Generation, you know, drop out, tune in words of Timothy Leary (LSD)research scientist (Eli Lilly I believe) and when you consider all the psycho (mind) drugs that by passed through the FDA without checks and balances then you know how the Hippie generation started. Interesting story.

Didn't Prozac enter the market place during H W Bush presidency in 1989 at the same time that the essential amino "Tryptophan" was limited in the food chain? Tryptophan I understand is an essential amino acid for personality Stability and good health. Sounds like a dirty deal. Sounds like the MKULTRA experiments paid off for the pharmacutical giant in the political thoughts of a American Coup Detat and for the profits.
HumanSpirit

Alachua, FL

#29 Jan 19, 2009
1. Amino Acid: Tryptophan
http://www.ceri.com/trypto.htm

Tryptophan is now available in the market place since around 2003 after outrage by the public and other political happenings.

2. From: Prescription for Nutritional Healing by James F Balch, MD and Phillis A. Balch, CNC

Tryptophan

Tryptophan is an essential amino acid that is necessary for the production of vitamin B3 (niacin). It is used by the brain to produce serotonin, a necessary neurotransmitter that transfers nerve impulses from one cell to another and is responsible for normal sleep.

Consequently, tryptophan helps to combat depression and insomnia and to stabilize moods. It helps to control hyperactivity in children, alleviates stress, is good for the heart, aids in weight control by reducing appetite, and enhances the release of growth hormone. It is good
for migraine headaches, and may reduce some of the effects of nicotine. A sufficient amount of vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) is necessary for the formation of tryptophan, which, in turn, is required for the formation of serotonin. A lack of tryptophan and magnesium may contribute to coronary artery spasms.

The best dietary sources of tryptophan include brown rice, cottage cheese, meat, peanuts, and soy protein.

This amino acid is not available in supplement form in the United States. In November of 1989, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reported evidence linking L-tryptophan supplements to a blood disorder called eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome (EMS). Several hundred cases of this illness-which is characterized b~ an elevated white blood cell count and can also cause such symptoms as fatigue, muscular pain, respiratory ailments, edema, and rash-were reported, and at least one death was attributed to the outbreak. After the CDC established an association between the blood disorder and products containing L~tryptophan in New Mexico, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration first warned consumers to stop taking L-tryptophan supplements, then recalled all products in which L-tryptophan was the sole or a major component. Subsequent research showed that it was contaminants in the supplements, not the tryptophan, that was probably responsible for the problem, but tryptophan supplements are still banned from the market in the United States.

----------

Note that Eli Lilly has exclusive rights to market Tryptophan
HumanSpirit

Alachua, FL

#30 Jan 19, 2009
Heres a little more of that odor leading to the stench you noticed:

Eli Lilly, Zyprexa, & the Bush Family, by Bruce Levine

snip:

Zyprexa costs approximately twice as much as similar drugs and Harris reported that state Medicaid programs—going in the red in part because of Zyprexa— are attempting to exclude it in favor of similar, less expensive drugs. Harris focused on the Kentucky Medicaid program, which had a $230 million deficit in 2002, with Zyprexa being its single largest drug expense at $36 million. When Kentucky’s Medicaid program attempted to exclude it from its list of preferred medications, the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI) fought back. The nonprofit NAMI—ostensibly a consumer organization—bused protesters to hearings, placed full-page ads in newspapers, and sent faxes to state officials. What NAMI did not say at the time was that the buses, ads, and faxes were paid for by Eli Lilly.

Ken Silverstein, in Mother Jones in 1999, reported that NAMI took $11.7 million from drug companies over a three and a half year period from 1996 through 1999, with the largest donor being Eli Lilly, which provided $2.87 million. Eli Lilly’s funding also included loaning NAMI a Lilly executive, who worked at NAMI headquarters, but whose salary was paid for by Lilly. Though NAMI’s linkage to Lilly is a scandal to psychiatric survivors—whose journal MindFreedom published copies of Big Pharma checks to NAMI—the story didn’t have the widespread shock value that would elevate it to Lillygate status.

In 2002, Eli Lilly flexed its muscles at the highest level of the U.S. government in an audacious Lillygate. The event was the signing of the Homeland Security Act, praised by President George W. Bush as a “heroic action” that demonstrated “the resolve of this great nation to defend our freedom, our security and our way of life.” Soon after the Act was signed, New York Times columnist Bob Herbert discovered what had been slipped into the Act at the last minute and on November 25, 2002, he wrote,“Buried in this massive bill, snuck into it in the dark of night by persons unknown…was a provision that—incredibly—will protect Eli Lilly and a few other big pharmaceutical outfits from lawsuits by parents who believe their children were harmed by thimerosal.”

http://psychrights.org/articles/LevineLillyan...

Former Shill for Big Pharma Tells the Truth About Drug Testing :

http://www.naturalnews.com/023127.html
Jack Frost

Victoria, TX

#31 Jan 20, 2009
HumanSpirit: You wouldn't be the first $cieno to tell a lie. L. Ron Fraudtard told them by the bushel basket.

I'm gonna skip your future spam.

Adios -- gone to find Xenu.
HumanSpirit

Alachua, FL

#32 Jan 20, 2009
Jack Frost wrote:
HumanSpirit: You wouldn't be the first $cieno to tell a lie. L. Ron Fraudtard told them by the bushel basket.
I'm gonna skip your future spam.
Adios -- gone to find Xenu.

You must be doing too much psychotropic drugs and have a short memory and no morning coffee. I am not a Scientologist.

I do beleive that you are employed by a public relations firm considering your posting time and the fact that your only arguement is centered on name calling and attacking Scientology. Discuess the issue.

Do you work at of home for the pharmacutical or mental health industry? What type of education do they require?

Here is somerhing I found of the web that may be of interest to you.

I Was Hired By SF to Delete Postings
by flagger
Friday Aug 4th, 2006 1:31 AM

I work for a marketing company called Tomkins and Scott LLC. We are not a typical marketing company. Many of our campaigns involve what is known as "black PR" - a covert type of marketing campaign designed to influence and sway public opinion through covert means. Although many of the techniques we use are not specifically in violation of the law, the fact that many of the clients we have give us money for black PR campaigns.

I have decided to come out and tell the public about what my company is doing because I believe it is unethical and wrong.

Several years ago we received a contract from an agency with the city of San Francisco. The purpose of this contract was to block the spread of any information which spreads a negative light on the city, or might adversely affect its burgeouning tourism industry or robust real estate market.

Members of the agency were concerned about community forums like Craigslist which are read by millions of people. Our job at Tomkins and Scott, my job specifically, was to monitor Craigslist and summarily flag all postings which reflected negatively upon the city in any way. I am going public with this because, after 3 years of being a censor for Craigslist, I believe what we are doing is totally wrong.

I can tell you that the agency of the city of San Francisco which contracted us is not the only government agency to be engaging in black PR operations. If you knew the full list of agencies hired by us and sister firms you would be absolutely shocked. If the average citizen understood the extent to which the information being presented to him or her is being filtered and skewed they would be up in arms immediately.

Information is power and the powers that be fully realize this, which is why they are willing to devote multi-million dollar budgets to covert campaigns like ours to distort and funnel public perceptions in ways that they consider appropriate. Nothing could be more fundamentally poisonous to a democratic society than the blocking of free and open exchange of information and ideas.

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/200...printa...

It is an old post but I tucked it away for people like you.
HumanSpirit

Alachua, FL

#33 Jan 20, 2009
Here's some more of that odor leading to a stink your looking for Jack Frost:

Fox News Special Report on murder, violence and suicides with children.

----------

Here's one for you to booster your argument that everyone who speaks against the pharmaceutical or the mental health connection is a Scientologist regardless if they have a concern for the deaths and violence in their neighborhoods and the political reasons that psychotropic drugs are in the market place in the first place Don't want you to lose your job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Have a good day
HumanSpirit

Alachua, FL

#34 Jan 20, 2009
Here's a time line of school shootings

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0777958.html
kendra

Bonnots Mill, MO

#35 Jan 20, 2009
Question: Does Prozac work? it does work for some people..........not on teenagers..........let me read these postings more tomorrow..........but prozac is good for certain people, but they need a good assessement before given the meds..........
HumanSpirit

Callahan, FL

#36 Jan 24, 2009
Why would any person risk their own health or mental sanity, no less that of their child, by taking prescribed psychotropic (mind) drugs or anti - depressants that has a history of violence, murder and suicide? Psychiatry (mental health) has no evidence based medicine, medical model, or chemical imbalance test.

That would be putting a person or child in harms way.

----------

Think twice before you place a loved one including a young child on a psychotropic or anti-depressant drug or other medication.

If there are adverse affects resulting in other medical complications or death you will not be able to sue the pharmaceutical industry because the FDA approved the drug. That means you will be responsible for medical costs or out of pocket expenses up until your personal assets are depleted. You may or may not have the qualification for Federal or State disability and you will end up shoulding the responsibility of taking care of a mentally damaged child alone.

As far as suing the mental health for putting your child on a psychotropic drugs and any damage it caused is slim because you will not be able to prove that the child didn't have a preexisting condition and there is no test for chemical imbalance. Mental Health support each other in a court of law.

FDA "Final Rule" goes into effect: consumers can no longer sue drug companies

On June 30, an FDA "Final Rule" went into effect, establishing a regulatory power grab of such scale and scope that it attempts to bypass all laws, the will of Congress and fundamental protections for consumers. This "Final Rule," which may as well be called a "Final Solution" for drug consumers, claims that consumers can no longer sue drug companies for the harm caused by any FDA-approved drug, even if the drug's manufacturer intentionally misled the FDA by hiding or fabricating clinical trial data.

In the preamble of the FDA's new "Final Rule" to take effect on June 30, the agency asserts that FDA approval of prescription drugs -- and their implied safety -- may no longer be second-guessed by consumers or organizations of any kind. The FDA's stamp of approval, the agency claims, is an absolute declaration of safety of all such drugs, for any use whatsoever, including off-label use (the use of drugs on health conditions that were never tested in clinical trials).

more:

http://www.newstarget.com/019497.html

----------

Goes to Supreme Court:

Waxman releases documents showing that regulators tried to guard injured patients' right to sue as the Bush administration pushed to shield drug makers. The Supreme Court takes up the issue Monday.
By David G. Savage
October 30, 2008
snip:

The documents shed new light on a major controversy that comes before the Supreme Court on Monday. At issue is whether the federal approval of a prescription drug bars an injured patient from suing the drug maker.

For more than a century, the federal government has regulated new drugs. At the same time, people hurt by drugs could sue the drug maker before a jury and try to prove they were not warned of the risks posed by the drug.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/natio...
kendra

Bonnots Mill, MO

#37 Jan 24, 2009
HumanSpirit wrote:
Not a Scientologist. I don't see how you can call a Congressional Investigation and the Bounty Hunters Act part of Scientology conspiracy but, then again, the mental health Industry was able to pull off attaching the "Mental Health Parity Bill" to the Congressional Bailout of 750 Billion without Congressional debate. What a dirty trick for power and control and of course greed..
There is no science to psychiatry. Mental health is based on hearsay, voodoo, Tarot cards or crystal ball gazing. There is no evidence based medicine, no medical model and basically it's all about fraud and control for political reasons.
You come up with alot of words and circles to run around.....You are full of crap if you think that psychiatry is fraud. I have been around alot of young people that was either drug induced or borned with a chemical imbalance, or whatever else, like car accidents to cause these misfortunes....it is not based on hearsay, voodoo, cards, or crystal balls.........medication does work.........I have seen and heard so many things, so unbelievable........those kids could not of made all of it up.......if you ever have anything like that to happen to yourself or one of your loved ones...you will feel differently about the situation.........I have worked in that field of nursing for a long time..been out of it for a long time....but meds does work and it isn't fraud...
HumanSpirit

Callahan, FL

#38 Jan 24, 2009
People will fall for just about anything...

New York - A media exhibit featuring a campaign for a fake drug to treat a fictitious illness is causing a stir because some people think the illness is real.

Australian artist Justine Cooper created the marketing campaign for a non-existent drug called Havidol for Dysphoric Social Attention Consumption Deficit Anxiety Disorder (DSACDAD), which she also invented.

But the multi-media exhibit at the Daneyal Mahmood Gallery in New York, which includes a website, mock television and print advertisements and billboards is so convincing people think it is authentic.

"People have walked into the gallery and thought it was real," Mahmood said in an interview.

'Subtle kind of parody'
"They didn't get the fact that this was a parody or satire."

But Mahmood said it really took off over the Internet. In the first few days after the website ( www.havidol.com ) went up, it had 5 000 hits. The last time he checked it had reached a quarter of a million.

"The thing that amazes me is that it has been folded into real websites for panic and anxiety disorder. It's been folded into a website for depression. It's been folded into hundreds of art blogs," he added.

The parody is in response to the tactics used by the drug industry to sell their wares to the public. Consumer advertising for prescription medications, which are a staple of television advertising in the United States, was legalised in the country in 1997.

Cooper said she intended the exhibit to be subtle.

"The drug ads themselves are sometimes so comedic. I couldn't be outrageously spoofy so I really wanted it to be a more subtle kind of parody that draws you in, makes you want this thing and then makes you wonder why you want it and maybe where you can get it," she added.

Mahmood said that in addition to generating interest among the artsy crowd, doctors and medical students have been asking about the exhibit.

"I think people identify with the condition," he said.

The number of people who were professional, no less, that started recommending the bogus drug to treat all types of hyped up mental illnesses is amazing.

Here's the website:

http://www.havidol.com/

One of many treatments from Depression to Bi-Polar disorder...lol

http://www.dr-bob.org/babble/20070213/msgs/73...
HumanSpirit

Callahan, FL

#39 Jan 24, 2009
There Are No "Chemical Imbalances"

"The hypothetical disturbances of neurochemical function that are said to underlie "mental illness" are just that: hypothetical. No experiment has ever shown that anyone has an "imbalance" of any neurotransmitters or any other brain chemicals. Nor could any conceivable experiment demonstrate the existence of a "chemical imbalance," simply because no one, least of all the biopsychiatrists, has the slightest idea what a proper and healthy chemical "balance" would look like."

"...the views and beliefs of biopsychiatry have nothing to do with the answers to scientific questions in any case: the hunt for biological "causes" of "mental illness" is an entirely fallacious enterprise in the first place; the non- existence of data to support its assertions is quite beside the point."

"The latest edition of one pharmacology text has this to say about the status of depression as a disease: "Despite extensive efforts, attempts to document the metabolic changes in human subjects predicted by these [biological] hypotheses have not, on balance, provided consistent or compelling corroboration." This is a long-winded way of admitting that not even a scrap of evidence supports the idea that depression results from a "chemical imbalance." Yet patients are told every day - by their doctors, by the media, and by drug company advertising - that it is a proven scientific fact that depression has a known biochemical origin. It follows directly that millions of Americans are being lied to by their doctors; and people surely can't give informed consent for drug treatment when what they're being "informed" by is a fraud.... To sum up: there is no evidence whatsoever to support the view that "mental illness" is biochemical in origin; in other words, things like "Unipolar Disorder" and "Attention Deficit Disorder" simply do not exist."

http://www.adhd-report.com/biopsychiatry/bio_...
kendra

Gasconade, MO

#40 Jan 24, 2009
Where do you get all this shit from? There are chemical imbalances!!!!!!!!!! I have been in this field too long to believe any different. How bout the EEG's that shows abnormal brain waves.....and I know I am talking sooooooooo layman to you......you and your high volume of wordly expression.........I have been accused of boiling the patient's brother's head in boiling water, the person actually thought I was.....in their mind, they thought they seen me doing this!!!!!!! One girl asked if I had ever died.....I said no......she said it was the most wonderful feeling she had ever had in her life...I asked her to tell me about it...she did......and she really thought she had died........I could tell in her eyes, in her description, in her voice, she meant every word of it........there were no lies that came out of that girls mouth.....no fraud...this is just a couple of "simple" things..... there are ever so many other major things that could be mentioned but really no need to.........there is mental illess....meds do help.......I have witnessed it..........you really make me sad
HumanSpirit

Callahan, FL

#41 Jan 25, 2009
kendra wrote:
Where do you get all this shit from? There are chemical imbalances!!!!!!!!!! I have been in this field too long to believe any different. How bout the EEG's that shows abnormal brain waves.....and I know I am talking sooooooooo layman to you......you and your high volume of wordly expression.........I have been accused of boiling the patient's brother's head in boiling water, the person actually thought I was.....in their mind, they thought they seen me doing this!!!!!!! One girl asked if I had ever died.....I said no......she said it was the most wonderful feeling she had ever had in her life...I asked her to tell me about it...she did......and she really thought she had died........I could tell in her eyes, in her description, in her voice, she meant every word of it........there were no lies that came out of that girls mouth.....no fraud...this is just a couple of "simple" things..... there are ever so many other major things that could be mentioned but really no need to.........there is mental illess....meds do help.......I have witnessed it..........you really make me sad
It's very simple.

There is no test,(repeat) no test for chemical imbalance and therefore psychiatry is nothing more then a guess, a hunch. It's judgement based on hearsay and the actions.

There is no evidence based medicine.

The American Psychiatric Associated admitted to falsly drugging patients on the theory of chemical imbalance.

Reread this statement:

The American Psychiatric Associated admitted to falsly drugging patients on the theory of chemical imbalance

Given the physiological differences between the so called "mentally ill" and the "normal", what would a proper and healthy chemical "balance" look like?" There is no test.

If we respect metabolic changes based on daily dietary habits, weight gain / loss , terms of the survival of the organisms as a person age along with physical conditioning, physical illness, electrolyte level, gender differences , body temperature, I don't see where the Mental Health and Counseling Industry could conform to any consistency in data with consideration to the above to state a person has a mental disease or illness based on chemical imbalance.

I don't think I would play with my child mind considering the consequesnces based on another persons judgement in a profession that is corrupted.
HumanSpirit

Callahan, FL

#42 Jan 25, 2009
To add more:

There has been "No" biological defect found for any mental illness or any of the other made to order diagnoses by any neurological study.

There is "no test" for chemical imbalance according to the American Psychiatric Association and there is no "medical Model" for psychiatry.

With that in mind, why are they putting normal and sane people and children on Psychiatric and anti-depressant drugs?

I think the pharmaceutical / mental health and counseling industries have set up a revenue base approach to riches and personal gain using propaganda and bogus scientific research that is even tied to forced drugging by the court and is expounded on in public school systems with programs like the Federal Disability Act "Idea" that excepts all diagnoses of the American Psychiatric Association's (DSM-IV) No wonder so many children are diagnosed with mental illnesses like ADHD / Bi-polar disorder or Depression to name a few.

I think the mental health Industry deliberately over-drugs and victimize the normal child/adult by using dangerous medications in order to qualify for Federal /State assistance in programs for their personal gain.. They are doing it with the military now and the susicides and deaths by behavior reflects the situation.

Let's face it, the industry exists for the reason that most businesses exist which is to make money at the expense of a patient, client or insurance policy or for the politics.

The mental health's operandi and purpose seems more in-line with getting Federal / State funds then any care rendered to a patient. In fact they compromise the patient sanity for the profit... Remember, this business approach also results in the trickle down economics of providing for lawyers, courts and private prisons by holding those mentally compromised persons responsible for the crimes in which they had no control. This is turn, also means, confiscation of personal properties and creates a dis-stabilation of the society, which in turn, means more money for their industry.

They have you at the front door and back door with the drug rehabilitation programs, court ordered counseling and moneys made on the private prison fiasco.

Lets not overlook the lobbyist and the politician and the back-pocket payoffs for special interest programs at the cost of the sanity and the health and welfare of the public.

There is no science to psychiatry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Psychology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hazleton honors city's first police psychologist 8 hr pussified police 1
News How to Choose the Right Therapist for Your Child 12 hr HumanSpirit 1
News Behavior Health Director Dr. Jera Stewart opens... May 29 HumanSpirit 8
News Psychologists required May 27 HumanSpirit 1
News Repeat rapist holds Michigan psychologist license May 27 HumanSpirit 1
News Suicide rates increase sharply among African-Am... May 27 HumanSpirit 1
I have a fear of elbows (Nov '06) May 26 Chase 82
More from around the web