New push made for psychologist prescr...

New push made for psychologist prescriptions

There are 210 comments on the Springfield News Leader story from Jan 15, 2009, titled New push made for psychologist prescriptions. In it, Springfield News Leader reports that:

Jefferson City -- Supporters of legislation to allow trained psychologists to prescribe medication have renewed their effort for the 2009 session, stressing the need to give rural patients access to treatment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Springfield News Leader.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
nitrochic

Taunton, UK

#204 Nov 30, 2009
Joanna Moncrieff _ Psychiatrist University College London

Do antidepressants "cure" depression? No says Joanna Moncrieff, a psychiatrist at University College London - no more then insuline "cures" diabetes or alcohol "cures" social anxiety.
nitrochic

Taunton, UK

#205 Nov 30, 2009
David Graham Cooper (1931, Capetown — 1986, Paris) British psychiatrist

In 1967 David Cooper enunciated his original concern about psychiatry as follows:“Above all, I have been concerned with the question of violence in psychiatry and have concluded that perhaps the most striking form of violence in psychiatry
is nothing less than the violence of psychiatry...”
nitrochic

Taunton, UK

#206 Nov 30, 2009
Dr David Cohen’s paper entitled ‘Whither Critical Psychiatry, June 2009.

“Rather than a chronicle of feats, facts, and discoveries, the history of psychiatry presents a record of perennial problems, recurrent ideas, disputes, and treatments, trailing in the wake of medicine and exhibiting ... a mixture of as many false facts as false theories”. The “progress of neuroscience” that is alleged today to underlie advances in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness—what
precisely does it amount to? Dennis Charney and colleagues (2002), the very proponents of “a neuroscience research agenda for DSM V” and a “pathophysiologically based classification system,” concluded “that the field of psychiatry has thus far failed to identify a single neurobiological phenotypic
marker or gene that is useful in making a diagnosis of a major psychiatric disorder or for predicting response to psychopharmacologic treatment”
nitrochic

Taunton, UK

#207 Nov 30, 2009
De David Cooper

‘For others among us who cherish medical identity, who wish to be genuine medical healers, the option is simple: to practice real medicine. There is probably some room in medicine and medical research—in neurology, perhaps endocrinology—for psychiatrists who wish to practice real medicine with real patients. But remember: the law expressly forbids coerced medical treatment."

A bloody men!
HumanSpirit

High Springs, FL

#208 Nov 30, 2009
Traveler wrote:
<quoted text> "Human Spirit", in your zeal to make a point, I fear you miss the big picture. The above stated issues that you referenced are matters that stem from a pre-existing state of the heart, rather than a drug altered change in condition. As I have stated, I am not a fan of what is known as "mental health", but looking at the true problem is closer to the solution than looking at symptons alone.
The purpose of licensing psychologists is to enhance the newly devised Mental Health Court. Misdemeanors treated by mind drugging. There are not enough psychiatrists to handle the erosion of the democracy in a timely manner.

Remember there is no test for chemical imbalance in which the mental health industry drugged and compromised millions of person of that theory.

There is no evident based medicine and there is no medical model to psychiatry.
50 years

Sparta, MO

#209 Nov 19, 2012
The sad truth is that there are people who function better if they are medicated for their mental problems. Sadder still is that rather than parent a child and accepting their differences as a challenge to control their behavior and help them become their unique selves, parents run to the doctor for diagnosis based on nothing. Between the drug babies, lack of parenting skills, and doctors who will do whatever the parent asks, we are drugging our next generation instead of teaching coping skills and proper behavior. There are good behavior modification techniques that can be used in the classroom that build the child's confidence, teach coping skills, and teach the child to monitor and control his own behavior. I have taught special education for 25 years and doping kids out of their minds is the worse thing I've seen. I discourage all my parents from doing this and yet, many still do. Also in some cases the parents do it, and realize they can draw money for the child's disability which is a big incentive for some to increase the labeling of children for financial gain.
HumanSpirit

Interlachen, FL

#210 Feb 7, 2013
2013 and 20 children (some less then 5 years old) 4 adults,(like so many others) murdered by the pharmautical mind drugging of an individual that was made unstable by the mental health industry.

Death, violence, erratic behavior and the suicide by mind drugs

http://ssristories.com/index.php
suxtux

Pittsburgh, PA

#211 Feb 7, 2013
youtube.com/watch... …… Geez! Mistakes have been made
HumanSpirit

Ocala, FL

#212 Apr 7, 2013
HumanSpirit wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be doing too much psychotropic drugs and have a short memory and no morning coffee. I am not a Scientologist.
I do beleive that you are employed by a public relations firm considering your posting time and the fact that your only arguement is centered on name calling and attacking Scientology. Discuess the issue.
Do you work at of home for the pharmacutical or mental health industry? What type of education do they require?
Here is somerhing I found of the web that may be of interest to you.
I Was Hired By SF to Delete Postings
by flagger
Friday Aug 4th, 2006 1:31 AM
I work for a marketing company called Tomkins and Scott LLC. We are not a typical marketing company. Many of our campaigns involve what is known as "black PR" - a covert type of marketing campaign designed to influence and sway public opinion through covert means. Although many of the techniques we use are not specifically in violation of the law, the fact that many of the clients we have give us money for black PR campaigns.
I have decided to come out and tell the public about what my company is doing because I believe it is unethical and wrong.
Several years ago we received a contract from an agency with the city of San Francisco. The purpose of this contract was to block the spread of any information which spreads a negative light on the city, or might adversely affect its burgeouning tourism industry or robust real estate market.
Members of the agency were concerned about community forums like Craigslist which are read by millions of people. Our job at Tomkins and Scott, my job specifically, was to monitor Craigslist and summarily flag all postings which reflected negatively upon the city in any way. I am going public with this because, after 3 years of being a censor for Craigslist, I believe what we are doing is totally wrong.
I can tell you that the agency of the city of San Francisco which contracted us is not the only government agency to be engaging in black PR operations. If you knew the full list of agencies hired by us and sister firms you would be absolutely shocked. If the average citizen understood the extent to which the information being presented to him or her is being filtered and skewed they would be up in arms immediately.
Information is power and the powers that be fully realize this, which is why they are willing to devote multi-million dollar budgets to covert campaigns like ours to distort and funnel public perceptions in ways that they consider appropriate. Nothing could be more fundamentally poisonous to a democratic society than the blocking of free and open exchange of information and ideas.
http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/200...printa...
It is an old post but I tucked it away for people like you.
Rectal licking is the new way of describing the PR Company and the employees hired to distort the truth
HumanSpirit

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#213 Apr 7, 2013
Once again

There shouldn't be any argument concerning psychologist and prescribing mind drugs. Never. That's the answer'. Politicians including the Republicans (ALEC) who have cause this nightmarish, mental health disaster for political reasons since the George Bush Sr presidency may want to join forces with the Democrats and collect the lobbying money and then crap on their head with a no for the answer followed by never,(and of course) in the best interest of the United States and other world countries who rectal lick the USA APA and the pharmaceutical industries.

Given the corruption and the history of death and violence by the mental health industry as a whole, the politicians may have to unzip their fly and piss on this devilish profession in the entirety to make them stop.

Death, violence, erratic behavior and the suicide by mind drugs

http://ssristories.com/index.php

Here's some more reasons to urinate on the mental health heads while others may want to just take a dump and sling the crap at the mental health worker in the political halls of judgement for fun and games..

more to read

Given the head jobs in society the Mental Health Industry has done and with hidden candor since the Republican Bush Sr presidency ,and the with the number of bondings between child and parent (mainly Fathers) broken and the destuction and the dirt from the days of the "false memory" to the horrors of Wenatchee :
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wenatchee_chil... "One should be able to see what damage could be done with prescription privileges for psychologists considering the newly devised DSM V and the takeover of the judicial powers in each state."

Here is the agenda of the Mental Health in the take over of the Judiciary Branch of government (by state) on the problem the industry caused in the USA.(Drug America) This is a similar takeover to what happen in the Public School System.

Mental Health Courts State Links

Mental Health Court by links

http://www.ncsc.org/topics/problem-solving-co...

Cartoon: Psychiatry / Court/ puppet

http://familyrights.us/images/psychs_shred_ri...

----.--..

Psycho the rapist is spelled psychotherapist...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Psychology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Forced suicides?Wisconsins's answer? Mon educate self 1
Elctronic harassmet! Voices are real!Ignored by... Mon DEE 2
Mind Boosters (Feb '07) Mon realMINDBENDER 3
News Victor Davis Hanson: Race, gender and politics ... Mon Go Blue Forever 1
want to buy used psychological test kits (Apr '13) Aug 28 dgabo 38
Loss of parent during childhood.... how does it... (Jan '09) Aug 25 Dylan Devlin 24
News Daily Voice Leaders: Dr. Harris Stratyner, Addi... Aug 21 Elise Likes Vanilla 1
More from around the web