Mulattoes: society fractal

Mulattoes: society fractal

Posted in the Psychology Forum

Abishai100

Clementon, NJ

#1 Apr 17, 2013
Mulattoes are ethnically hybrid people descended from parents of differing ethnic backgrounds.

Technically, speaking everyone is a mulatto to some degree, since, as the Mendelian genetics theory goes, all genetic molecules yield slightly varied forms of offspring molecules. So children of Dutch parents are Dutch but varied Dutch from their parents. Nevertheless, mulattoes are people with gene parents of differing gene categories: i.e., Dutch mother and African father yield Dutch-African hybrid mulatto child.

Mulattoes are common in today's globalized culture but are found in greatest frequency in North America and Europe. The era of colonialization yielded socially ostracized mulatto communities since these mulattoes were children of colonial fathers and sometimes unwed ethnic minority mothers. Today's mulatto children are often the offspring of equally economically prosperous dominant and minority ethnic descended parents.

Because mulattoes are of mixed breed, mulattoes offer intriguing socio-psychological experiment models for scientists studying the psyche impact of cross-breeding cultural experiences. Do mulatto children of mixed religion and mixed ethnic (i.e., Indian Hindu - Irish Catholic) parents sway to one cultural custom more than the other based on social expectations or social opportunity?

Because mulatto children possess hybridized genes, their genes are often expressed in phenotypes that give rise to unusual physical characteristics such as colored hair or colored eyes. These distinguishing marks further make intriguing the analysis of culture and ethnicity.

In the age of high-speed digital consumerism, relevant migration-pensive Hollywood (USA) movies such as "Coming to America" (1988) serve as meaningful psyche symbols of diaspora experience.

Are they printing movie posters on hemp/recycled paper yet?

God bless!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Psychology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nano implant abuses! (Jan '16) Fri tyrhu911 184
want to buy used psychological test kits (Feb '17) Aug 14 psychdoc 2
News Fear of nuclear war normal reaction: experts Aug 12 mike Tilford 1
Is there a word for how people with delusional ... Aug 6 meme 1
News Lousy Spelling-Why Americans Can't Read or Thin... Aug 6 humanspirit 2
News Doctors Are Harming Fat Patients By Advising Th... Aug 5 Humanspirit 1
News Asks: Have Smartphones Destroyed a Generation? Aug 4 Humanspirit 1
More from around the web