psychology of lottery prize dremands

Posted in the Psychology Forum

Abishai100

Clementon, NJ

#1 Nov 11, 2012
The American lottery monetary prize system has been popular for quite some time now. Everyday citizens purchase tickets with randomized whole numbers printed on them and see if their numbers match randomized numbers selected by the state lottery board and if they do, their ticket is worth much prize money.

The lottery represents human fascination with understanding and trying to artificially (and therefore entertainingly) create prediction statistics models. Since there is always room for error in statistics probability calculations, creating a game that fosters the imagination of hypothetical number prediction models favors a socially harmless uncertainty anxiety mind game that perhaps reflects the psychological value of Hollywood (USA) movies such as "Big Night" (1996).

Are they printing movie posters on hemp/recycled paper yet?

God bless!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Psychology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why debunked autism treatment fads persist 5 hr HumanSpirit 1
Help me with this Fri nick 1
Carlson's New Thriller Reflects Reality Feb 26 LanaKerkMcCoy-Dou... 1
Is depression curable? Of course it is (Aug '14) Feb 26 Yolanda 13
Idaho lawmakers propose psychologists have abil... Feb 25 From the frigid N... 3
Stress busters: UPMC Nurses undergo mindfulness... Feb 24 HumanSpirit 2
'cracking' not conversing Feb 23 marcia neil 1
More from around the web