I believe in intelligent design

I believe in intelligent design

There are 2093 comments on the Sunday Times story from Sep 2, 2010, titled I believe in intelligent design. In it, Sunday Times reports that:

Matthew Du Plessis: Regular readers could easily be forgiven for thinking that the weekly scribblings that appear here under my byline are the work of a godless heathen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sunday Times.

First Prev
of 105
Next Last

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#2109 Apr 14, 2012
It seems the ToE (theory of evolution) will have problems with there definition called species. The ToE is a pseudo science and Intelligent Design need to be taught instead.

Planet Earth

#2110 Apr 14, 2012
"The Disclosure Project"

Special presidential briefind and documents

>>>> http://www.disclosureproject.org/

Planet Earth

#2111 Apr 14, 2012
CORRECTION

"The Disclosure Project"

Special presidential briefing and documents can be found here.

>>>> http://www.disclosureproject.org/

Planet Earth

#2112 Apr 15, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Curtis. How the solar business going? Can't seem to connect to your website.
It's coming alone slowly but surely. Next year October I should get an answer on the 100-MW solar farm with double axis tracking I been orchestrating. I've been putting together all the necessary documents to get this project financed. It just takes time when it comes to putting together information for solar farms.

When it's constructed I will put up my web-site and explain my agenda.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#2113 Apr 15, 2012
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
It's coming alone slowly but surely. Next year October I should get an answer on the 100-MW solar farm with double axis tracking I been orchestrating. I've been putting together all the necessary documents to get this project financed. It just takes time when it comes to putting together information for solar farms.
Cool! Keep us posted.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#2114 Apr 15, 2012
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
Joshua

Durham, NC

#2115 Apr 24, 2012
Then how come 10% of America believes in macro evolution?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#2116 Apr 24, 2012
Joshua wrote:
According to most polls, you're wrong. In general the acceptance of evolution fluctuates between 48% to 52%. However none of that matters, as opinion polls are irrelevant to the validity of scientific concepts. If 100% of America happened to believe the Biblical claim that the Earth is flat then 100% of them would be wrong.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#2117 Apr 24, 2012
Joshua wrote:
Are you suggesting that science is a popularity contest, or a democracy? I promise you, it is neither.

“I am evolving as fast as I can”

Since: Jan 08

Brooklyn, in Dayton OH now

#2118 May 9, 2012
Infinite Force wrote:
It seems the ToE (theory of evolution) will have problems with there definition called species. The ToE is a pseudo science and Intelligent Design need to be taught instead.
No, Intelligent Design, as espoused by the Discovery Institute, has yet to reach the point of having anything to actually teach. The evidence supporting this is the fact their own news and sites claim not to be pushing Intelligent Design in the classroom. Of course most of this non-push was following several significant defeats where they failed to produce anything remotely resembling evidence.

Other evidence are public statements by Senior DI fellows and even the daddy rabbit of the modern ID movement claiming that there currently is no 'Theory of ID' to teach. Phillip E. Johnson is extremely disappointed in folks like Michael Behe for failing to produce a workable theory. Which is why they spend their time and money supporting legislation claiming to broaden the investigation abilities of future scientists by not just learning science, but supernatural causation ... because it will set the stage for when folks like Behe might actually have something to present as ID.

If you were being honest in your own examination of ID, you would realize also they even the DI doesn't take it seriously. It's a stopgap measure to hold open the door to the formation and required teaching of a much more theistic-friendly viewpoint of science. those aren't my words, but within the guiding document of the DI itself. You can look it up easily enough.

#2119 May 9, 2012
Joshua wrote:
At one point in history people believed that heavy things fell faster than lighter things. Of course now we know that isn't true. Did physics change at some point in history? No, our understand grew to match the evidence.

Go back further and you run smack into flat earth, the Earth at the center of the universe ... greek gods brought rain ... Your argument has been made at many points in history simply using different examples ... and never goes anywhere. People believe many things, but that doesn't mean there is any evidence to support their belief ... which is why it is called a belief.

What I find personally hilarious is that if you took a copy of a modern version of the Bible back to say about 1600 ... you would probably have been killed for your heretical beliefs.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#2120 May 9, 2012
Hey Ted! We missed you!

Welcome back!

Where you been?

#2121 May 12, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
Hey Ted! We missed you!
Welcome back!
Where you been?
Thanks K! Just had to take a break and really focus on work. Had a pretty large project that required lots of time. I'll be in and out since we are coming to the end of our development cycle and entering test, so time to stretch the mind a bit and see just how silly some of the Creationists can get.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 105
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Physics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASA instrument key to understanding solar powe... Aug '17 Concave 1
Baseball vs Tennis Ball (Jan '07) Aug '17 JB Folk 19
The THEORY OF EVERYTHING has been discovered! (Sep '16) Jul '17 Atlanta Puppeteer 2
Gravitational Mass and Inertial Mass (Jun '14) Jun '17 Newton 14
About Time Dilation (Oct '10) Jun '17 Newton 41
Is Inertial Force not a Real Force ? (Jan '17) Jun '17 Newton 12
Theory of Plasmatic Fundamentals May '17 Julius the Jules 1
More from around the web