Twin Paradox
nakayama

Yokohama, Japan

#1 Jun 26, 2012
One is in a gravitational field. The other is in an accelerated frame. How does relativity say ?

Imagine three atomic clocks. Problem U-turn will vanish.

Perhaps, the above had been mentioned by someone.

My web-site ; Basic doubts on relativity
sonoran sundown

Humble, TX

#2 Jun 26, 2012
It is my opinion there is no U-turn problem because the time differences occur anytime the ship moves faster than the earth through space.

The ship had to accelate to leave the planet and again to return to it.

Here is my essay, "The Time and Motion Relationship" at

http://nomathphysics.wordpress.com

All comments welcome.
nakayama

Yokohama, Japan

#3 Feb 20, 2014
Anytime, anyywhere, only Newton’s time flows, i believe. So, problem twin paradox doesn’t exist. See the following.

Two fiber-optic cables are laid between the north pole and the equator. A laser beam (frequency is constant) emitted from the equator is reflected at the north pole and is coming back. Frequency at the three points (and every optional point of the cable) is the same. Relative motion or difference of gravity will not cause time dilation.

There are a few other proofs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Physics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What is Absolute Zero? 1 hr trump a Zero 1
News Science Shock: Electromagnetic fields from mobi... (Jan '16) Sep 16 Weneedjusticeplea... 3
News Speed Of Light May Not Be Constant After All, P... (May '13) Sep 16 nakayama 91
magazine of World Physics Society Sep 5 Adolfo Moran 1
The theory of everything Aug '16 BillT 1
Gravity & Acceleration (Dec '13) Aug '16 nakayama 7
News Making a Solar Energy Conversion Breakthrough W... Aug '16 Solarman 1
More from around the web