A universe without end

A universe without end

There are 27 comments on the www.theage.com.au story from Mar 27, 2012, titled A universe without end. In it, www.theage.com.au reports that:

Once, the universe was held to be static and unchanging. But this idea was turned on its head early last century when US astronomer Edwin Hubble discovered that the cosmos was, in fact, expanding.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.theage.com.au.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#24 Mar 29, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a possibility, yes. At this point, we don't have the evidence to say whether the universe is infinite in spatial extent or not. At the very least, it is several times as large as the observable part.
The universe is not expanding as such, it is a dimensional reality which means it is not endless not spatial, just is made up of endless dimensions which interact with each other.

It's fantasy but to my mind the best example of the universe is the Tardis in doctor Who, dimensions within dimensions giving the impression of space restriction and endlessness.

“Failure Is Not An Option”

Since: Feb 12

Enterprise Al

#25 Mar 29, 2012
Truth wrote:
The fact that the universe is expanding was revealed more then 1400 years ago.. It is not something new...

"...We have constructed the heaven with might, and verily, it is We who are steadily expanding it.... " (Surah 51:47)
and were the he'll are you getting Surah from?

Enterprise Al

#26 Mar 29, 2012
Oh my god people! How stupid can you be, well besides you idiots who read "Surah" and all that bs. Anyway, guys Hubble! Come on, I'd he says the cosmos is expanding then it might be I mean damn he has a telescope the size of a bus to prove it. But I say it might just have the allusion it's expanding but at the same time I must say I think it might be expanding. Nothing's stopping it. If you empty a bottle of water in space the water would all combine into a almost perfect sphere. Sooner or later it would be a perfect sphere but anyway if you poke it or something impacts it hard enough what's going to happen? If I learned any physics in JSC and UAH it's going to ripple, but in a 3d point of view I believe, so it would expand. And nothing's going to stop it, unless it hits something. Anyway my point is with this example....actually I just wanted to say that for no reason, maybe it helps. But my main point is, he has proof that the universe at least looks like its expanding of it really isn't, then. So what

Enterprise Al

#27 Mar 29, 2012
Knowyostuff wrote:
Oh my god people! How stupid can you be, well besides you idiots who read "Surah" and all that bs. Anyway, guys Hubble! Come on, I'd he says the cosmos is expanding then it might be I mean damn he has a telescope the size of a bus to prove it. But I say it might just have the allusion it's expanding but at the same time I must say I think it might be expanding. Nothing's stopping it. If you empty a bottle of water in space the water would all combine into a almost perfect sphere. Sooner or later it would be a perfect sphere but anyway if you poke it or something impacts it hard enough what's going to happen? If I learned any physics in JSC and UAH it's going to ripple, but in a 3d point of view I believe, so it would expand. And nothing's going to stop it, unless it hits something. Anyway my point is with this example....actually I just wanted to say that for no reason, maybe it helps. But my main point is, he has proof that the universe at least looks like its expanding of it really isn't, then. So what
correction i'd = if

God damn auto correct

“Turn left at pub Number 42”

Since: Dec 08

Homehill,QLD

#28 Mar 29, 2012
Knowyostuff wrote:
<quoted text>
and were the he'll are you getting Surah from?
Try here
http://miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_inde...

This from the Moons orbit miracle

There is no doubt that it was impossible for anyone to have any knowledge about the orbit of the Moon 1,400 years ago..lol
sid

Chermside, Australia

#29 Mar 29, 2012
AussieBobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Try here
http://miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_inde...
This from the Moons orbit miracle
There is no doubt that it was impossible for anyone to have any knowledge about the orbit of the Moon 1,400 years ago..lol
There is science in the bible a well, like Pi is 3, and the sun revolves around earth, it's the inspired word of god and who can argue with that.

Since: Mar 12

Germany

#30 Mar 30, 2012
I can :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Physics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gravitational Mass and Inertial Mass (Jun '14) Jun 15 Newton 14
About Time Dilation (Oct '10) Jun 15 Newton 41
Is Inertial Force not a Real Force ? Jun 15 Newton 12
Theory of Plasmatic Fundamentals May 31 Julius the Jules 1
Is time travel possible? (Oct '10) May 31 Engima1956 20
EM drive uses the equation E/c^2 = mass? May '17 TRquestion 1
Newton's gravitational equation May '17 mich 1
More from around the web