LSD Study Probes Hallucinogen's Effec...

LSD Study Probes Hallucinogen's Effect on Brain

There are 52 comments on the Hon.ch story from Jan 31, 2007, titled LSD Study Probes Hallucinogen's Effect on Brain. In it, Hon.ch reports that:

Scientists are examining the responses of mice to learn more about how psychedelic drugs such as LSD, mescaline and "magic mushrooms" work on the brain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hon.ch.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

The Big Time

“Runs Like a Deere”

Since: Jan 07

Forest Park, GA

#1 Jan 31, 2007
Of Mice & Men

Amber says that LSD is not good for ones

L-E-ego my egg...

Go ahead and let them know that once they figure out just which different roots the Route to different thought consist of....

the difference in the two drugs are that one set maintains the connections established..

but that was told te me by a French Baby doll i ran across, while riding this information superhighway...

Just between Amber, Me and the fence post....

looking for a better paddle is not the problem....

having your equipment maintained and ready to make the tough Trips in Life...

Or you might find yourself Up the River, on the Island..in need of a paddle...come on...

That would be like comparing a row boat to a Brand new Master Craft Ski Nautique,,,

TBT inc

Since: Dec 06

AOL

#2 Feb 1, 2007
Well, I don't need to take any LSD....
to get a trip off this one....
These mind games
will put you in the hall of fame.
I guess the war between the sexes...
is enough to get a lexus....
But YOU drive a truck
So I guess I'm getting luck.
You must be my lucky star...
A BIG TIME by far.

The Big Time

“Runs Like a Deere”

Since: Jan 07

Forest Park, GA

#3 Feb 1, 2007
Well it's not really the truck....

it's the way you drive it....

Do it in a Big Time way.....

and know who you are,

and the rest can't be any thing else

but Big Time Results...

and some times the end justifies the Mean-ness

but i have been neglecting first things first..

Hello Amber

what you got cookin'

huMmMM

“all american”

Since: Jan 07

steamboat springs colo.

#4 Feb 1, 2007
hi
WOW I SEE IT TOO!!
Timothy leary figured all this out yrs ago
So did jerry he just wrote it down differently
25 yrs ago I would have volunteered for this experiment ,darn, and brought my own doses.

Seriously though ,I have a seizure disorder and have read a lot about meds and the "side effects" of them .
I have also always thought the fact I have done lg. levels of hallucigens made me understand my brain a lot better and have never been scared from the auras and other "very complex" things my brain has done when many others with this are so afraid that they completely shut down.
Bet those scientists were dead heads lol. Rick

Since: Dec 06

AOL

#5 Feb 1, 2007
wichitarick wrote:
hi
WOW I SEE IT TOO!!
Timothy leary figured all this out yrs ago
So did jerry he just wrote it down differently
25 yrs ago I would have volunteered for this experiment ,darn, and brought my own doses.
Seriously though ,I have a seizure disorder and have read a lot about meds and the "side effects" of them .
I have also always thought the fact I have done lg. levels of hallucigens made me understand my brain a lot better and have never been scared from the auras and other "very complex" things my brain has done when many others with this are so afraid that they completely shut down.
Bet those scientists were dead heads lol. Rick
I have heard that LSD used to be used in Psychotherapy and Psychiatric practices up until the 50's or 60's. It was used as an aid for "going within" and really touching the issues.

Any kind of substance taken can and does alter the brain chemistry, for better AND worse. That is the BIG side effect, the flip side of the coin. People must weigh the risks and be prepared. Better to be informed and do your own research, before you pop that one.

Here is an exerpt from an interview with Aurthur Janov, John Lennon's psychotherapist:

Did he talk to you about acid and its effects on him?
Well, I knew about it. I can't disclose specifics, but in general, I'll tell you this: LSD is the most devastating thing for mental health that ever existed. To this day, we see people who've been on LSD, and they have a different brain-wave pattern, as if their defences are totally broken down; It stays.

Timothy Leary was in favour of the idea of ego-destruction...
I think he destroyed so many people by touting LSD. It's a very, very dangerous drug.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/carousel/pob11.h...
wichitarick

Wichita, KS

#6 Feb 2, 2007
hi

Yes I just went through that with knowing everything about a medicine before you take it
I never took it even after a pharmacist sat me down and told me O.k.,it turned out I was right and it causes seizures duhhh.
Yes I know to well that adverse effects of lsd
personally know a man in state hospital here that "o.d,d on this. he is schizto.
another is very simplified for life.

I actually am undergoing a "comeback" from
having 3szs in one day in july that left my short term memory blank.
I was being sarcastic before ,but I have to say I do not have regrets now about doing mind expanding drugs ,because a huge part of szs is understanding that your not about to die or lose your mind totally and the inner thinking that this will last forever is what causes a lot of people to get depressed and even suicidal .
I do not or have never had that because the two are so similar .

The Big Time

“Runs Like a Deere”

Since: Jan 07

Forest Park, GA

#7 Feb 2, 2007
wichitarick wrote:
hi
Yes I just went through that with knowing everything about a medicine before you take it
I never took it even after a pharmacist sat me down and told me O.k.,it turned out I was right and it causes seizures duhhh.
Yes I know to well that adverse effects of lsd
personally know a man in state hospital here that "o.d,d on this. he is schizto.
another is very simplified for life.
I actually am undergoing a "comeback" from
having 3szs in one day in july that left my short term memory blank.
I was being sarcastic before ,but I have to say I do not have regrets now about doing mind expanding drugs ,because a huge part of szs is understanding that your not about to die or lose your mind totally and the inner thinking that this will last forever is what causes a lot of people to get depressed and even suicidal .
I do not or have never had that because the two are so similar .
"understanding that your not about to die or lose your mind totally"

But Please consider this, I would think that the effect of a szs could be harmful...

combination of an activity that seems realitivly harmless could become life threating...

if a seizure comes into the equation at the (Wrong) time it can be irreversable....

you are the one to think about what is best for you, and as you obviously think of your wellbeing

i felt i could share that little opinion of mine with you....

take care
wichitarick

Wichita, KS

#8 Feb 2, 2007
hi
A lot of your opinions are usally hard to decipher
from your postings at least this was short.
Yes harmfull no life threatening ,no irreversable, actually the side effects of some of the meds are worse than the sz.
combination?? driving a car ,gran mal sz. bad

my well being, I actually had life figured out once.
I read that whole report and followed it and read a lot more .
The inner workings of the mind are so complex no will ever figure it out .
Rick

The Big Time

“Runs Like a Deere”

Since: Jan 07

Forest Park, GA

#9 Feb 2, 2007
"driving a car ,gran mal sz. bad"

just felt that you know first hand about what you are saying and doing...

My Brother Wrecked a car one time, but that is not really what i meant...

A tight place and face down without being able to roll on his side...

11 mins is a long time to do one person CPR, but at least I tried...nobodies perfect as they say....

but having some knowledge and the application of it correctly can sometimes get you through not being successful every single time...

but as that is just one more peace of the puzzle that got me to this very point in Time...

I just refer
to it in the Third Person...

Why?

Cause I Can!!

i can almost do anything...can't you?

minds don't have to think alike,

for starters all they can be expected to do is Think...

"A lot of your opinions are usally hard to decipher "

Thinking and Figuring out TBT inc are two different things.

But if was easy and everybody was Me...then who could i talk to?

TBT inc

Since: Dec 06

AOL

#10 Feb 2, 2007
The Big Time wrote:
"driving a car ,gran mal sz. bad"
just felt that you know first hand about what you are saying and doing...
My Brother Wrecked a car one time, but that is not really what i meant...
A tight place and face down without being able to roll on his side...
11 mins is a long time to do one person CPR, but at least I tried...nobodies perfect as they say....
but having some knowledge and the application of it correctly can sometimes get you through not being successful every single time...
but as that is just one more peace of the puzzle that got me to this very point in Time...
I just refer
to it in the Third Person...
Why?
Cause I Can!!
i can almost do anything...can't you?
minds don't have to think alike,
for starters all they can be expected to do is Think...
"A lot of your opinions are usally hard to decipher "
Thinking and Figuring out TBT inc are two different things.
But if was easy and everybody was Me...then who could i talk to?
TBT inc
Well aint it the Big Time
Great Minds don't have to think alike?
Well, what a bunch of tripe.
Hello, Amber. Be.
Don't let me fool you.
Just kidding you see
Had your brain in a loup
Effect on the Brain,
Mine or YOURS....
The Big Time says.
"It's NOT OURS".
But whatever you do,
I've come to tell you,
Wherever your thoughts lead....
Glad you say NO to LSD.*smile*

Since: Dec 06

AOL

#11 Feb 2, 2007
wichitarick wrote:
hi
A lot of your opinions are usally hard to decipher
from your postings at least this was short.
Yes harmfull no life threatening ,no irreversable, actually the side effects of some of the meds are worse than the sz.
combination?? driving a car ,gran mal sz. bad
my well being, I actually had life figured out once.
I read that whole report and followed it and read a lot more .
The inner workings of the mind are so complex no will ever figure it out .
Rick
He had life figured out once.
He read the report, so He's No Dunce.
Great Minds do think,
about the Inner Workings of the Mind.
So Mind You,
Mind me,
Big Time says, "Why Thank you, Lady".*smile*
Put a Big Cap on that ONE
a Cap and a Gown
MacDaddy, gone to Calmsville,
to Let AMBER B.
Breathe off that FROWN,
and Mind My Manners.
Have I shown Hospitality
You *know* what ryhymes with Calmsville
That Devil.
But of That a Lady Doesn't speak.
So I dare you, take a peak.*smile*
He lives Next to 664,
It's Halloween, Knock on the Door.*smile*

“Seems like I'm slipping”

Since: Dec 06

Boston

#12 Feb 2, 2007
Can we sign up for these studys somewhere?

The Big Time

“Runs Like a Deere”

Since: Jan 07

Forest Park, GA

#13 Feb 2, 2007
Nothing Satifies the big hungries.

Like A big mac and Fries....

TBT inc

Butt a Shake instead of Tea,

If you Please.\Smile/
Amber B wrote:
<quoted text>
He had life figured out once.
He read the report, so He's No Dunce.
Great Minds do think,
about the Inner Workings of the Mind.
So Mind You,
Mind me,
Big Time says, "Why Thank you, Lady".*smile*
Put a Big Cap on that ONE
a Cap and a Gown
MacDaddy, gone to Calmsville,
to Let AMBER B.
Breathe off that FROWN,
and Mind My Manners.
Have I shown Hospitality
You *know* what ryhymes with Calmsville
That Devil.
But of That a Lady Doesn't speak.
So I dare you, take a peak.*smile*
He lives Next to 664,
It's Halloween, Knock on the Door.*smile*

The Big Time

“Runs Like a Deere”

Since: Jan 07

Forest Park, GA

#14 Feb 2, 2007
OutSideTheBox wrote:
Can we sign up for these studys somewhere?
just between the shovel you and Me..

we could only be fortuNate for one billion or so..

But don't take mine as I know

the instructor explains his as only i can't...

Mine are mine and I Ain't?

Since: Dec 06

AOL

#15 Feb 2, 2007
What I'm wondering is why they are conducting the study on mice instead of men?

The Big Time

“Runs Like a Deere”

Since: Jan 07

Forest Park, GA

#16 Feb 2, 2007
i saw the movie, can't bother to read...

but it can be as complex as a watch, simple as a mousetrap to relate the therory that is

the WYE
Red Rover

Vancouver, Canada

#17 Feb 2, 2007
I had the unfortunate experience of being given L.S.D experimentally in the late 6o's in Montreal.
It made me love all things, especially animals.
My dog and I would go on trips together. He would turn into me and I would turn into him. On our trips we both would turn into a tavern and he was the one to get to drink beer. He would just give me a rubber bone to play with. I realized it was a dog's life being a dog and when we turned back into ourselves I still had this urge to pee against a tree.

Since: Dec 06

AOL

#18 Feb 3, 2007
The Big Time wrote:
Nothing Satifies the big hungries.
Like A big mac and Fries....
TBT inc
Butt a Shake instead of Tea,
If you Please.\Smile/
<quoted text>
Outside the Box is making Egonnog.*smile*
Just don't get drunk.

The Big Time

“Runs Like a Deere”

Since: Jan 07

Forest Park, GA

#19 Feb 3, 2007
I might consider some LSD

Hello Amber B...

It's Me...

you are very very good, i mean you almost know what is wrong with me...

but i can tell you before it gets out of hand as some may say...

Ovarian cancer, it's only weakness that i see is it can not kill a man,. unless the man lets it...
Cristy was the best thing that could have happened to me...but cancer don't care...so if thats why i seem indifferent to some folks....i'm a man and i'll take full blame for it..

but i am still pissed off at cancer and you bet it shows, just i don't bother to tell people that don't know me...

i have two kids(young Adults) going to school around long beach ca and i am in Sweet Home Alabama

so i really did love these past few days..

so tell the doc and nate to give me a break....think if i had run across them a few years ago....but red green or amber driving will always be more fun now,
why? cause i still can..

sorry about the head games, but you know me pretty well...so thank you Amber B. for better or worse, need to pay attention and accept either one...somebody tells me God doesn't exist,

i can laugh at them and mean it...

Keith

drink up.. but thats another one of the big time lessons in life right..

The Big Time

“Runs Like a Deere”

Since: Jan 07

Forest Park, GA

#20 Feb 3, 2007
Red Rover wrote:
I had the unfortunate experience of being given L.S.D experimentally in the late 6o's in Montreal.
It made me love all things, especially animals.
My dog and I would go on trips together. He would turn into me and I would turn into him. On our trips we both would turn into a tavern and he was the one to get to drink beer. He would just give me a rubber bone to play with. I realized it was a dog's life being a dog and when we turned back into ourselves I still had this urge to pee against a tree.
grow up, curtains melting....water on the skin..need i say more ..must have been some weak ass crap if thats the best line you can come up with....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pharmacology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FDA: Adverse Reactions Website (May '08) Aug '16 jrdrmotwani 2
On binding plasma proteins... (Apr '15) Aug '16 jrdrmotwani 2
Dose-dependent or not (Mar '16) Mar '16 sam 1
News Where to buy dichloroacetate... (Jul '07) Sep '15 Madeline 48
News Could Music Be the Next Great Cure? (Apr '09) Aug '15 Tijesuni 8
steady state of a drug...can you please help me... (Sep '14) Sep '14 lhemz 1
steady state/i really need an answer for this. (Sep '14) Sep '14 lhemz 1
More from around the web