Scientist hoping to recreate real din...

Scientist hoping to recreate real dinosaur to speak at UGA

There are 31 comments on the Athens Banner-Herald story from Jan 25, 2012, titled Scientist hoping to recreate real dinosaur to speak at UGA. In it, Athens Banner-Herald reports that:

A scientist who's trying to create a real, living dinosaur will come to the University of Georgia on Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Athens Banner-Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“God is good, All the time”

Since: Nov 11

Singapore

#1 Jan 26, 2012
The good news: He might succeed.
The bad news: He might succeed.

“DoubleTheClaw, DoubleThePain”

Since: Aug 11

Hanoi, Vietnam

#2 Jan 26, 2012
dinotrek27 wrote:
The good news: He might succeed.
The bad news: He might succeed.
What?

Singapore

#3 Jan 26, 2012
Balaur wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
haha read between the lines

Hanoi, Vietnam

#4 Jan 26, 2012
dinotrek27 wrote:
<quoted text>
haha read between the lines
What do you mean?

Singapore

#5 Jan 26, 2012
Balaur wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean?
I meant that while it is a great scientific breakthrough to clone dinosaurs, who knows what will happen if they got loose

Hanoi, Vietnam

#6 Jan 26, 2012
dinotrek27 wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant that while it is a great scientific breakthrough to clone dinosaurs, who knows what will happen if they got loose
The real threats are Raptors,Rex,Giga,Spino,.... Won't bother to eat us for 2 reasons:
We are so small for them
We smells like mammals of the Mesozoic and they are tiny.

Hanoi, Vietnam

#7 Jan 26, 2012
Hey,read the headline,".....recreate a real dinosaur to speak at UGA." to the best of our knowledge dinosaurs doesn't speak,in our language atleast.
Lord Pattinson

Cockermouth, UK

#8 Jan 26, 2012
i can find no records of utahraptor, which has records idicating it is the largest dromaeosaurid -'raptor' as you refer to it as - exceeding the size that records indicate large ursus species can reach, and records are available of ursus killing humans
i would conclude that we are more akin to utahraptor prey than we are to ursus prey, thus i would wager that utahraptor would consier us food when un-armed.

i can atest that they are capable of killing humans, prisoners in my 666th castle have experienced this first hand, as they could atest had they not been devoured

Hanoi, Vietnam

#9 Jan 26, 2012
Lord Pattinson wrote:
i can find no records of utahraptor, which has records idicating it is the largest dromaeosaurid -'raptor' as you refer to it as - exceeding the size that records indicate large ursus species can reach, and records are available of ursus killing humans
i would conclude that we are more akin to utahraptor prey than we are to ursus prey, thus i would wager that utahraptor would consier us food when un-armed.
i can atest that they are capable of killing humans, prisoners in my 666th castle have experienced this first hand, as they could atest had they not been devoured
Luckily,all your stupid castles are destroyed,buried,no one will recreate them and no one cares about them because they are useless,ugly,dirty and was created a freak.But no one cares anyway.
Isaacasaurus

UK

#10 Jan 26, 2012
dinotrek27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Make a good idea for a story or a film. Let me see we could call it err. Dino's R us. No, how about mesozoic garden, no no. I've got it..... Triassic Nark!!
Lord Pattinson

Cockermouth, UK

#12 Jan 26, 2012
Balaur wrote:
no one cares about
But no one cares anyway.
i cannot comprehend why, if you claim that nobody cares, you took the time to respond to that small segment of my post, as opposed to responding to the bulk of my post.
allow me to respond to this childish rage outburst
Balaur wrote:
Luckily
i belive i stated that my glorious castles restrain my wrath from you mortals. thus stating that it is lucky they are 'destroyed' contradicts you primitive humans' basic survival instincts. very peculiar, this requires more investigation
Balaur wrote:
all your stupid castles are destroyed
then pray tell why i am not weilding my sacred flesh grater and running rampant within your town?
Balaur wrote:
buried
it would require some degree of force to bury such a large structure
by large i am talking in the region of 2000 square miles of ground floor area per castle
Balaur wrote:
no one will recreate them
they do not require to be recreated, for they are everlasting. such narrow minded individuals such as yourself simply cannot observe them.
Balaur wrote:
because they are useless
refer to the segment of my post that describes the bare outline of the function of these castles
Balaur wrote:
ugly
subjective
you, however, cannot cast an opinion on their appearance as you have not set eye upon their magnificent design
Balaur wrote:
dirty
dirt is an illusion
the bacteria contained within are rarely harmful even to humans, and are critical in building a suitable immune system
dirt is irrelevant to a structure un-inhabited (excluding the odd servant, prisoner and pet) and created by a being such as myself, who is not affected by dirt

would you like to be the cleaner boy?
Balaur wrote:
was created [BY] a freak
([capitalised letters] indicate a correction to the statement so as to make it legible)
touche my boy
Balaur wrote:
But no one cares anyway.
if i may stoop to your low levels of communication
ORLY?
http://images.wikia.com/meme/images/7/73/O_rl...
i await your response with bated breath (there is a term in your language refered to as 'sarcasm')
Isaacasaurus

UK

#13 Jan 26, 2012
who="dinotrek27"
I meant that while it is a great scientific breakthrough to clone dinosaurs, who knows what will happen if they got loose.

Make a good idea for a story or a film. Let me see we could call it err. Dino's R us. No, how about mesozoic garden, no no. I've got it..... Triassic Nark!!

And Balaur ignore the idiot?
Edaphosaurus

Edinburgh, UK

#14 Jan 27, 2012
If Jack Horner DOES create dinosaurs will you all forgive him for the whole T-rex scavenger thing and the T-rex vs Spinosaurus thing?

Hanoi, Vietnam

#15 Jan 27, 2012
Edaphosaurus wrote:
If Jack Horner DOES create dinosaurs will you all forgive him for the whole T-rex scavenger thing and the T-rex vs Spinosaurus thing?
From what I know,He tried once and failed
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Waltham, MA

#16 Jan 27, 2012
Jack Horner is just plain stupid, C'MON Horner! He thinks T. rex is a scavenger! Infact, he's a jack hole!
Edaphosaurus

Edinburgh, UK

#17 Jan 28, 2012
Tyrannosaurus Rex wrote:
Jack Horner is just plain stupid, C'MON Horner! He thinks T. rex is a scavenger! Infact, he's a jack hole!
Listen, you can't say that. He is a Paleontologist, respected by the scientific community, whilst you are just a Kid. He has a right to think that T-rex is a scavenger and he has evidence for it.

If you want to be a Paleontologist you won't get anywhere if you just insult Him.
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Waltham, MA

#18 Jan 28, 2012
Lord Pattinson wrote:
<quoted text>
i cannot comprehend why, if you claim that nobody cares, you took the time to respond to that small segment of my post, as opposed to responding to the bulk of my post.
allow me to respond to this childish rage outburst
<quoted text>
i belive i stated that my glorious castles restrain my wrath from you mortals. thus stating that it is lucky they are 'destroyed' contradicts you primitive humans' basic survival instincts. very peculiar, this requires more investigation
<quoted text>
then pray tell why i am not weilding my sacred flesh grater and running rampant within your town?
<quoted text>
it would require some degree of force to bury such a large structure
by large i am talking in the region of 2000 square miles of ground floor area per castle
<quoted text>
they do not require to be recreated, for they are everlasting. such narrow minded individuals such as yourself simply cannot observe them.
<quoted text>
refer to the segment of my post that describes the bare outline of the function of these castles
<quoted text>
subjective
you, however, cannot cast an opinion on their appearance as you have not set eye upon their magnificent design
<quoted text>
dirt is an illusion
the bacteria contained within are rarely harmful even to humans, and are critical in building a suitable immune system
dirt is irrelevant to a structure un-inhabited (excluding the odd servant, prisoner and pet) and created by a being such as myself, who is not affected by dirt
would you like to be the cleaner boy?
<quoted text>
([capitalised letters] indicate a correction to the statement so as to make it legible)
touche my boy
<quoted text>
if i may stoop to your low levels of communication
ORLY?
http://images.wikia.com/meme/images/7/73/O_rl...
i await your response with bated breath (there is a term in your language refered to as 'sarcasm')
Noone wants to hear you cry and b!tch and moan about you're stupid little fantasy and while you snuggle into you're mom you 5 year old! Balaur is a good contributer and he doesn't need you're back mouth! So shut up.

“Born to be wild”

Since: Jan 12

Cheshire UK

#19 Jan 28, 2012
Calm down T.R. We saw this idiot off ages ago
Tyrannosaurus Rex

Waltham, MA

#20 Jan 28, 2012
Ok, and you signed up!!! Good job!
Lord Pattinson

Cockermouth, UK

#21 Feb 2, 2012
oh this is so funny watching a 10 year old kid throw a hissy fit.
i was not crying, or b1tching, I was simply trolling Balaur as he was stupid enough to bite the trolling bait in my post and completely ignore the rest of the post which was ontopic.

yelling, swearing, insulting and calling people 5 year olds does not make you big and clever, nor does it make you like either of them.
rather, it makes you look like one yourself
just grow up, seriously
We saw this idiot off ages ago
i was about to say ive been here longer than most of you until i saw your location, and general attitude, not sure about you
A Raging Noob wrote:
Aww boohoo, mean old Mr Horner called your beloved Tyrannosaurus a scavenger, didums.
you do realise he retracted that view point, and admited he maintained it just to make the community be more open in their interpreation of evidence, back in 2009?
go cry some more, cry yourself to sleep little boy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paleontology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Workers Uncovering Mummified Dinosaur (Mar '08) Jul 17 Meester Mhexikan 2
News New species of feather-winged dinosaur unearthe... Jul 17 Fartosaurus Rex 2
News 'Wendiceratops:' bizarre three-horned dinosaur ... Jul 9 wichita-rick 1
Triceratops vs. Stegosaurus (Jun '09) Jun '15 I hate jada 2
News Hellboy: Bizarre Alberta dinosaur find suggests... Jun '15 Stephany McDowell 1
News Meteorite minerals offer clues to Earth extinct... (Sep '13) May '15 Guru 2
News The dinosaur display, with cash, at the Beijing... May '15 Alan Detrich 1
More from around the web