Dinosaur Research Backs Link to Birds

Dinosaur Research Backs Link to Birds

There are 11 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 12, 2007, titled Dinosaur Research Backs Link to Birds. In it, Newsday reports that:

Researchers have decoded proteins from a 68 million-year-old Tyrannosaurus rex, the oldest such material ever found.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Mew

South Richmond Hill, NY

#1 Apr 12, 2007
When you say that "In refining the technique, he had previously studied proteins from a mastodon, and when he heard of Schweitzer's finding soft tissues in a T. rex bone he decided to see if he could detect proteins there also.
He was able to identify seven different dinosaur proteins from the bone and compared them with proteins from living species. Three matched chickens, two matched several species including chickens, one matched a protein from a newt and the other from a frog." do you mean that he found 7 proteins on the mastodon bone or the T-Rex bone. Can u answer asap because I am using this article for a research paper. Thank you.
Browning M1919A4

Lake Forest, CA

#2 Jul 2, 2012
Mew wrote:
When you say that "In refining the technique, he had previously studied proteins from a mastodon, and when he heard of Schweitzer's finding soft tissues in a T. rex bone he decided to see if he could detect proteins there also.
He was able to identify seven different dinosaur proteins from the bone and compared them with proteins from living species. Three matched chickens, two matched several species including chickens, one matched a protein from a newt and the other from a frog." do you mean that he found 7 proteins on the mastodon bone or the T-Rex bone. Can u answer asap because I am using this article for a research paper. Thank you.
Stupid Mew
Coprolite

UK

#3 Jul 2, 2012
Browning M1919A4 wrote:
<quoted text> Stupid Mew
NO, I won't have that Mew is not stupid.
You are stupid.
Mew is new.
Nambu Type 99 LMG

Lake Forest, CA

#4 Jul 2, 2012
Coprolite wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, I won't have that Mew is not stupid.
You are stupid.
Mew is new.
Of course he is, I was just testing to see if idiots like evryone on TDF knew that.
Coprolite

UK

#5 Jul 2, 2012
Nambu Type 99 LMG wrote:
<quoted text> Of course he is, I was just testing to see if idiots like evryone on TDF knew that.
No you wasn't you stupid BR = Bunny Rabbit who isn't WHATEVER. your just copying me. PARROT.
Mauser MG-34

Lake Forest, CA

#6 Jul 2, 2012
Coprolite wrote:
<quoted text>
No you wasn't you stupid BR = Bunny Rabbit who isn't WHATEVER. your just copying me. PARROT.
Type 99 isn't BR.

U said so yourself that BR is not all of those Light Machine Gun clones.
Yo Momma

Croydon, Australia

#7 Jul 2, 2012
Mauser MG-34 wrote:
<quoted text>Type 99 isn't BR.
U said so yourself that BR is not all of those Light Machine Gun clones.
Cool story bro, guess how many people care? None.

Guess how many people like you? Also none. Not even your family. They told me so.
Bunny Rabbit

Lake Forest, CA

#8 Jul 2, 2012
Yo Momma wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool story bro, guess how many people care? None.
Guess how many people like you? Also none. Not even your family. They told me so.
I know that, cuz I am inferior to everyone cuz I am Jew.

I must kill myself sooner or later cuz I am a Jew, all Jews have to die. I believe that ideology even though it goes against me.
Winchester M1A1 Carbine

Lake Forest, CA

#9 Jul 2, 2012
And U'll die sooner or later, like everyone else.
Yo Momma

Croydon, Australia

#10 Jul 2, 2012
Bunny Rabbit wrote:
<quoted text> I know that, cuz I am inferior to everyone cuz I am Jew.
I must kill myself sooner or later cuz I am a Jew, all Jews have to die. I believe that ideology even though it goes against me.
Good, at least you know your place in society. Right at the bottom. Hell, even the hobo's and sourage rats are WAY above you.
Browning M1919A4

Lake Forest, CA

#11 Jul 3, 2012
Yo Momma wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, at least you know your place in society. Right at the bottom. Hell, even the hobo's and sourage rats are WAY above you.
And I am above him as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paleontology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Kind of a bizarre one:' New dinosaur part peng... Mon Coelophysis 3
Did I find a fossil? Dec 3 Jolito86 1
News The "Birds Are Not Dinosaurs" Movement Nov 30 Coelophysis 13
News Dinosaurs among us Nov 22 Fartosaurus Rex 2
News Discovery Institute: A Wikipedia Horror Story a... Oct '17 Science 9
News Research suggests T. Rex was covered in scales ... Oct '17 Coelophysis 6
News Experts in flap over bird-like dinosaur (May '17) Oct '17 Coelophysis 9
More from around the web