Hyperwarming climate could turn Earth...

Hyperwarming climate could turn Earth's poles green

There are 92 comments on the New Scientist story from Nov 17, 2011, titled Hyperwarming climate could turn Earth's poles green. In it, New Scientist reports that:

AN ERA of ice that has gripped Earth's poles for 35 million years could come to an end as extreme global warming really begins to bite.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New Scientist.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#92 Dec 3, 2011
Fun Facts wrote:
No I don't expect much. I suspect he is a young individual with all the perspective and concerns of someone young in years.
I'm suspicious that his problem runs a lot deeper than youth, possibly congenital.
Fun Facts wrote:
I still would like him/her to answer the questions for no other reason that to have him explore the concepts he has posted. I don't expect that will happen.
It's always best to expect nothing, saves on disappointment.
HTS

Katy, TX

#93 Dec 3, 2011
SpaceBlues wrote:
Huh.. well this is what it is!
Current NH sea ice area: 9.485 versus 1979-2008 mean 10.24 million sq.km
http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosphere/IMAGE...
Huh... Unsurprisingly, you are comprehension impaired (I would say intellectually deficient, but that is not accepted in today's world of PC). I specifically recall typing Global. Maybe you are unsure as to what Global means. Here, let me help. Global means Worldwide. Maybe you can look it up on the left winger's favorite source, Wikipedia. NH is only part of the equation. I realize 2+2 is the last equation you probably solved, but that's ok. Gorebullists are usually deficient in reasoning skills. Here, let me help. SH ice is 10.439 Million Km2, versus an average of 10.064 Million Km2. Can you compute what the difference is? Maybe Bill Nye can help you out while he's not regurgitating garbage about "climate change". Oh wait, that's never... Amazing how reality gets in the way of Gorebullistic theory!
SpaceBlues

United States

#94 Dec 3, 2011
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh... Unsurprisingly, you are comprehension impaired (I would say intellectually deficient, but that is not accepted in today's world of PC). I specifically recall typing Global. Maybe you are unsure as to what Global means. Here, let me help. Global means Worldwide. Maybe you can look it up on the left winger's favorite source, Wikipedia. NH is only part of the equation. I realize 2+2 is the last equation you probably solved, but that's ok. Gorebullists are usually deficient in reasoning skills. Here, let me help. SH ice is 10.439 Million Km2, versus an average of 10.064 Million Km2. Can you compute what the difference is? Maybe Bill Nye can help you out while he's not regurgitating garbage about "climate change". Oh wait, that's never... Amazing how reality gets in the way of Gorebullistic theory!
blah blah you are WRONG.

You posted no link; I did. The important point that you are unaware or merely trying to cover up is the melting Arctic. My numbers showed that. You start worrying now. Ignorance is NOT Bliss.
HTS

Katy, TX

#95 Dec 3, 2011
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>blah blah you are WRONG.
You posted no link; I did. The important point that you are unaware or merely trying to cover up is the melting Arctic. My numbers showed that. You start worrying now. Ignorance is NOT Bliss.
Wrong? OK. If you say data from the Cryosphere page is wrong, I'll take your word for it (Right). Anyway, you want a link? Really? OK. Here's a link for you. It gets right down to base of the matter. Pathetic scare-mongering, debased attacks directed at children. It is symptomatic of the hysterical nature of the Goremageddon campaign. You want more? How about I post some links about Climate Gate II, and the (Unethical)attempts of the warmenistas to get a PhD revoked of a dissenter? Links? I got 'em by the dozens...

http://www.wherewillsantalive.ca/

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#96 Dec 3, 2011
SpacedOutDummy wrote:
My numbers showed that.
You don't have any numbers.
Who

Stockton, CA

#97 Dec 4, 2011
Who wrote:
Anytime you're ready there northie-boy.
What are these "near zero" ideas?
Riddle me this there northie, you and the other econuts claim CO2 is a pollutant, well shouldn't all carbonated beverage companies be held accountable for being some of the biggest polluters ever? What do you suppose creates all those little bubbles in your soda or beer or champagne, the bubble fairy?
How much CO2 gets released everytime someone cracks open a Coke, Pepsi or a cool one after busting their hump all day so their taxes can pay for more liberal foolishness?
Coca-Cola has a campaign right now where every time someone buys their specially marked cans, Coke donates some money to save the polar bears. So which is it? When I pop the tab on my can of Coke am I killing polar bears or saving polar bears? Some of the CO2 escapes you know and more escapes everytime one of those little bubble comes to the surface and >>POP!<< releases a little CO2.
How long before you econuts little scam starts taking away people's freedom of speech because everytime people talk CO2 is being emitted?
How long before we start getting charged to exhale? What's next? Youthenasia? Less people means less CO2 right?
COme on northie, you seem to have all the answers. Where's your links to your "facts" now?
Still waiting for the answers to these questions there northie boy.

You were chock full of links quite a few posts ago, where's are you links now?

Or are you a typical liberal econut, who asserts themselves by posting links to a bunch of leftwing "experts"? Do you think these so-called "experts" would agree with globull warming if their grant money was taken away and used to bankroll all the crazy schemes they expect the taxpayers to pay for? How "real" would globull warming be then?

C'mon northie, answer and prove to all of us just how much of a "genius" you really are.
Fun Facts

Albuquerque, NM

#98 Dec 4, 2011
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it is about climate and man-made CO2. You don't see how economics is interconnected because you are not educated in these matters. And not creative beyond your ideology.
You run to stupid world governance lie when you should know better. Communism is dead dead btw.
"The Symposium took place in Stockholm between 16-19 May and gathered some 40 of the world’s most renowned thinkers and experts on global sustainability.

The Symposium was held at the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences in Stockholm and included plenary presentations, panel discussions and working group sessions.

This Symposium gathered some 50 of the world’s most renowned thinkers and experts on global sustainability to discuss new approaches to the way we govern the world’s social and ecological systems.

The Symposium concluded with a memorandum signed by key Nobel Laureates. This was communicated and handed over to the High-level Panel on Global Sustainability appointed by the UN Secretary General.

This website will provide you with all the news updates related to the Symposium. The News and Media section also contains contact details related to press enquiries.

http://globalsymposium2011.org/wp-content/upl

SpaceBlues, you will get little support for agendas such as this.
SpaceBlues

United States

#99 Dec 4, 2011
Arctic sea ice extent was again well below normal in 2011. After tracking at record or near-record low levels for the time of year through the first half of 2011, the seasonal minimum, reached on 9 September, was 4.33 million square kilometres (35% below the 1979-2000 average). This was the second-lowest seasonal minimum on record, 0.16 million square kilometres above the record low set in 2007. Unlike the 2007 season, both the Northwest and Northeast Passages were ice-free for periods during the 2011 summer. Sea ice volume was even further below average and was estimated at a new record low of 4200 cubic kilometres, surpassing the record of 4580 cubic kilometres set in 2010.

http://www.wmo.ch/pages/mediacentre/press_rel...
SpaceBlues

United States

#101 Dec 4, 2011
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Symposium took place in Stockholm between 16-19 May and gathered some 40 of the world’s most renowned thinkers and experts on global sustainability.
The Symposium was held at the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences in Stockholm and included plenary presentations, panel discussions and working group sessions.
This Symposium gathered some 50 of the world’s most renowned thinkers and experts on global sustainability to discuss new approaches to the way we govern the world’s social and ecological systems.
The Symposium concluded with a memorandum signed by key Nobel Laureates. This was communicated and handed over to the High-level Panel on Global Sustainability appointed by the UN Secretary General.
This website will provide you with all the news updates related to the Symposium. The News and Media section also contains contact details related to press enquiries.
http://globalsymposium2011.org/wp-content/upl
SpaceBlues, you will get little support for agendas such as this.
HUH little support from you?? I don't want your support, the famed LIAR.

Oh you learned a new word but in error: AGENDA. You are more education-deficient than, it is hereby confirmed, Earthlink-1.

litesong

Marysville, WA

#102 Dec 4, 2011
Nauseous wrote:
Sexual what?
//////////
"piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling" wrote:

https://www.google.com/search ...
//////////
At his 70+ years of age, that's the only thing that can actually get "piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling" excited....... except when he is posting slimy filthy vile pukey proud racist pigisms.
Northie

Spokane, WA

#103 Dec 5, 2011
Who wrote:
Anytime you're ready there northie-boy.
What are these "near zero" ideas?
Riddle me this there northie, you and the other econuts claim CO2 is a pollutant, well shouldn't all carbonated beverage companies be held accountable for being some of the biggest polluters ever? What do you suppose creates all those little bubbles in your soda or beer or champagne, the bubble fairy?
How much CO2 gets released everytime someone cracks open a Coke, Pepsi or a cool one after busting their hump all day so their taxes can pay for more liberal foolishness?
Coca-Cola has a campaign right now where every time someone buys their specially marked cans, Coke donates some money to save the polar bears. So which is it? When I pop the tab on my can of Coke am I killing polar bears or saving polar bears? Some of the CO2 escapes you know and more escapes everytime one of those little bubble comes to the surface and >>POP!<< releases a little CO2.
How long before you econuts little scam starts taking away people's freedom of speech because everytime people talk CO2 is being emitted?
How long before we start getting charged to exhale? What's next? Youthenasia? Less people means less CO2 right?
COme on northie, you seem to have all the answers. Where's your links to your "facts" now?
What, were the McKinsey cost curve studies too hard to read? Try again. As I mentioned, the net cost of solving this mess is near zero.
http://www.mckinsey.com/client_service/sustai...

Gibbering, spittle-lipped political nutjobs don't interest me, except that billionaires have managed to sucker them into attacking science and economics that interferes with the world's largest industry. That will cost our grandchildren their freedoms, their livelihoods and maybe their lives.

If you want to learn, then read. If you want to argue politics and hoot about Pepsi bubbles, then find someone else's time to waste.
Who

Stockton, CA

#104 Dec 5, 2011
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
What, were the McKinsey cost curve studies too hard to read? Try again. As I mentioned, the net cost of solving this mess is near zero.
http://www.mckinsey.com/client_service/sustai...
Gibbering, spittle-lipped political nutjobs don't interest me, except that billionaires have managed to sucker them into attacking science and economics that interferes with the world's largest industry. That will cost our grandchildren their freedoms, their livelihoods and maybe their lives.
If you want to learn, then read. If you want to argue politics and hoot about Pepsi bubbles, then find someone else's time to waste.
Typical liberal non-answer.

We all know, except liberals of course, that "green energy" was never and never will be cost effective and I don't care how many liberal rags you post links to. Was the Solyndra scam your idea of "near zero" cost effectiveness?

And it's not a waste of time talking about the bubbles in Pepsi, because they're releasing CO2, the pollutant morons like you claim tha we need to control to "save the planet". Can you guess why Coke and Pepsi are allowed to get away with being CO2 polluters, at least according to the liberal theory that CO2 is a pollutant and needs to be reduced, is because the large corporate beverage companies like Coke and Pepsi are union shops. Liberals only agree with corporations that are run their way, all others are profit mongers.

So should we allow Coke, Pepsico, 7UP, Budweiser or any other carbonated beverage company to just kill polar bears and contribute to globull warming? Well should we?

I would think any entity that is contributing to the "decline of polar ice" should have to be dealt with, not just those that liberals don't agree with.

Another example of liberal hypocrisy is the way they went after tobacco companies under the guise of "the dangers of secondhand smoke" yet liberals say nothing about the secondhand of pot smokers, just as much CO2 in smoking pot than in smoking cigarettes, same amount of every other toxin as well. And tobacco doesn't damage the brain like pot. The tobacco companies were a scapegoat for the liberal agenda.

Globull warming, green energy, dying polar bears, vanishing polar ice are all a huge SCAM meant to siphon huge sums of money into "green technology" ad infinitum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paleontology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What to do in Oklahoma on May 14, 2018: Check o... May 14 wannabet 1
News The "Birds Are Not Dinosaurs" Movement Mar '18 Coelophysis 24
News Clean power is shaking up the global geopolitic... Mar '18 Solarman 1
News 'Energy hunters': Bitcoin miners search for che... Jan '18 Nerd 1
News a Energy huntersa : Bitcoin miners search for c... Jan '18 Nerd 1
New Bird Species 99M Years Old-Finest Bird Foss... Jan '18 ALan 1
News Giant orange dinosaur in Massachusetts saved fr... (Sep '16) Jan '18 Ateesiks 8