Hyperwarming climate could turn Earth...

Hyperwarming climate could turn Earth's poles green

There are 92 comments on the New Scientist story from Nov 17, 2011, titled Hyperwarming climate could turn Earth's poles green. In it, New Scientist reports that:

AN ERA of ice that has gripped Earth's poles for 35 million years could come to an end as extreme global warming really begins to bite.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New Scientist.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#1 Nov 17, 2011
There's something severely wrong with these so called 'scientits' who can't envision progress in the future.
The climate change sham is worsening daily, as more 'scientits' seek bandwagon funding.
every troll here but you

Blacklick, OH

#2 Nov 17, 2011
By 2300 CE Islam will have locked the entire planet firmly in the 7th Century. This will not matter. It will be considered the "Will of Allah".
Northie

Spokane, WA

#3 Nov 17, 2011
every troll here but you wrote:
By 2300 CE Islam will have locked the entire planet firmly in the 7th Century.
Too late. Christians beat them to it.

http://www.class.uidaho.edu/ngier/parallels.h...
litesong

Marysville, WA

#4 Nov 17, 2011
every troll here but you

Blacklick, OH

#5 Nov 18, 2011
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
Too late. Christians beat them to it.
http://www.class.uidaho.edu/ngier/parallels.h...
What a sad joke. A few hundred (or even thousand) christo-fascists versus 1.5+ BILLION Muslims? That's nearly 1/4th the population of Earth!

Get outta town, Northie!

“1337-9001”

Since: Jul 11

Just south of the South Pole

#7 Nov 25, 2011
Did you say PWN? Get a life and use real words.

“Taste my purging steel”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#8 Nov 25, 2011
Actually, that wouldnt be so bad. It could harbor new endangered life forms, like the amphibians and pygmey allosaurs in the dinosaur age. It would be remarkable to see an old world come back like that.
SpaceBlues

United States

#10 Nov 25, 2011
SPIEGEL: Do you still believe in an international climate pact?

Steiner: The world will come to the conclusion that there is no alternative to this pact. It would make it possible to cut back on the $600 billion in subsidies per year that go to fossil energy sources and to put a price on carbon that will help green technologies to achieve a breakthrough. http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1...

“1337-9001”

Since: Jul 11

Just south of the South Pole

#11 Nov 25, 2011
Keep on brickin'
Who

Stockton, CA

#12 Nov 25, 2011
Uh huh? And when, pray tell, is this supposed to occur?
every troll here but you

Blacklick, OH

#13 Nov 26, 2011
Who wrote:
Uh huh? And when, pray tell, is this supposed to occur?
Umm, it's in the article. Did you vote for Obama? Most people who did expect others to tell them stuff like that rather than find it on their own.
Who

Stockton, CA

#14 Nov 26, 2011
every troll here but you wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, it's in the article. Did you vote for Obama? Most people who did expect others to tell them stuff like that rather than find it on their own.
I really don't care when because I already know when. Never - that's when.

Just some BS so the whacked out liberal econuts can collect more money, even faster until the time they specified is up and nothing happens, that's when of course they'll claim that "we're making big strides in saving the planet, but there's still alot more to do so keep giving us your money" because the reality is we have no control over the climate.

Globull warming is nothing but an excuse to funnel money and control the people ad infinitum.
Northie

Spokane, WA

#15 Nov 28, 2011
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't care when because I already know when. Never - that's when.
Just some BS so the whacked out liberal econuts can collect more money, even faster until the time they specified is up and nothing happens, that's when of course they'll claim that "we're making big strides in saving the planet, but there's still alot more to do so keep giving us your money" because the reality is we have no control over the climate.
Globull warming is nothing but an excuse to funnel money and control the people ad infinitum.
Another ancient, coal-country teabagger follows the energy industry line, inveighing against reality...

Mr. Koch, throw that man a company ball cap!

#16 Nov 28, 2011
Nauseous wrote:
teabagger
You really should stop using these sexual innuendos.
Who

Stockton, CA

#17 Nov 28, 2011
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
Another ancient, coal-country teabagger follows the energy industry line, inveighing against reality...
Mr. Koch, throw that man a company ball cap!
Prove me wrong then.

Once you whack jobs start funneling taxpayer money to "green energy" how much is it going to take to "save the planet", where will it end?

The econuts have essentially created the greatest money making scam in history and the majority of people have fallen for it because their either too ignorant of the world around them, too stupid to think for themselves and believe everything that's told to them, or are foolish enough to think that their "government" wouldn't perpetrate such a scheme.

Look how nutters like you had everyone believing Y2K was real and all the bad stuff that was said to happen. Look at the software companies that made tons of money by selling a "fix" for the "Y2K bug" which never existed.

The econuts are trying to set up a permanent influx of money that could last indefinitely because in the end, when nothing happens, they'll still have "scientists", who will say pretty much anything if you dangle enough grant money under their noses, claiming that we're all doomed if we don't spend a ton of money to buy their "solution".

Don't be so gullible.

“Taste my purging steel”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#21 Nov 28, 2011
I am DIGITAP wrote:
Hey Nitrox why don't ya mention Global Warming like you believe in it, in front of me, so I can let the audience watch me use your face for a dog dropping pickup-pan. I'll put your head on a stick and prop your mouth open.

Now tell me you believe in the magic downward-emitting photons which "50-50" emit "up and down" no matter how far from the surface of the curved body of earth
you grubworm eating herpes-cultivation dish.
Dude, if he belevives in something you dont, or dont want to heer, then dont respond you Crazy B!a?ster!
Northie

Spokane, WA

#24 Nov 29, 2011
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>You really should stop using these sexual innuendos.
Sexual what?

http://tinyurl.com/7yzqf76

#25 Nov 30, 2011
Nauseous wrote:
Sexual what?
https://www.google.com/search...

“damnant quod non sensus”

Since: Feb 11

A mead hall in Valhalla

#26 Nov 30, 2011
Who, you are extremely ignorant for even suggestin that the earth is cooling. I would like to see evidence of this anomaly, i however will state my sources;
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.ph...
If you do not choose to read the article here are a few quotes,
"Except for a leveling off between the 1940s and 1970s, Earth?s surface temperatures have increased since 1880. The last decade has brought temperatures to the highest levels ever recorded, and the last year of the decade (2009) was tied for the second warmest year in the modern record, a new NASA analysis of global surface temperature shows. The analysis, conducted by the Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) in New York City, is based on temperatures recorded at weather stations around the world and satellite data over the oceans" "Although 2008 was the coolest year of the decade, due to strong cooling of the tropical Pacific Ocean, 2009 saw a return to near-record global temperatures"

“damnant quod non sensus”

Since: Feb 11

A mead hall in Valhalla

#27 Nov 30, 2011
Data in this article also shows the correlation between human activity and rising temperatures
http://www.ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/ar4/...

Some scientific conclusions or theories have been so thoroughly examined and tested, and supported by so many independent observations and results, that their likelihood of subsequently being found to be wrong is vanishingly small. Such conclusions and theories are then regarded as settled facts. This is the case for the conclusions that the Earth system is warming and that much of this warming is very likely due to human activities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paleontology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The "Birds Are Not Dinosaurs" Movement 8 hr Ceolophysis 14
New Bird Species 99M Years Old-Finest Bird Foss... Jan 16 ALan 1
News Giant orange dinosaur in Massachusetts saved fr... (Sep '16) Jan 13 Ateesiks 8
News 'Kind of a bizarre one:' New dinosaur part peng... Dec '17 Coelophysis 3
Did I find a fossil? Dec '17 Jolito86 1
News Dinosaurs among us Nov '17 Fartosaurus Rex 2
News Discovery Institute: A Wikipedia Horror Story a... Oct '17 Science 9
More from around the web