Next to this fish, sharks are great w...

Next to this fish, sharks are great white wimps

There are 6 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 29, 2006, titled Next to this fish, sharks are great white wimps. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A fearsome mega-predator of the ancient seas had the most powerful jaws of any fish that ever lived, according to a new study that makes even the biggest great white shark seem like a slack-jawed weakling.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

dunkleostes tirrile

Sebago, ME

#1 Dec 9, 2006
it is afish that was living 5,000 hears ago.
Fred

Brisbane, Australia

#2 Dec 10, 2006
i do agree on your point, the great white would be dwarfed by Dunkleosteus, but first of all,
Dunkleosteus was living around 400 MILLION YEARS AGO!!!
not 5000 years ago!
around 5000 years ago most giant creatures were extinct and the Egyptian Civilization was beginning to flourish. second of all, the great white shark may be small compared to the giant placoderm, Dunkleosteus, but the great whites Ancestor...MEGALODON would of chomped of any dunkleostues it saw... hahahh except megalodon lived some 3 million years ago, while dunkleosteus was along way back at 400 million years ago. but by your acsent of writing i can see you dont really know what your talking about, so i'll be on my way.
Fred

Brisbane, Australia

#3 Dec 10, 2006
THIS WHOLE REPORT STINKS!
i know all about dunkleoteus and many other fish are bigger!
why is it new anyway?
dunkleosteus was discovered many years ago.
another thing about this report is that it doesent feature the actual name of the fish they are talkijg about! im only guessing that its Dunkleosteus!
Adam Lawson

Workington, UK

#5 May 29, 2012
Wat kynd ov sharc lol

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6 Jun 17, 2012
So what exact species is it?
Winchester M1 Garand

Lake Forest, CA

#7 Jun 19, 2012
Camille Pegram wrote:
So what exact species is it?
It's your face.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paleontology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Triceratops vs. Stegosaurus (Jun '09) Jun 13 I hate jada 2
News Hellboy: Bizarre Alberta dinosaur find suggests... Jun 4 Stephany McDowell 1
News Meteorite minerals offer clues to Earth extinct... (Sep '13) May '15 Guru 2
News The dinosaur display, with cash, at the Beijing... May '15 Alan Detrich 1
News Facts About the Creation Museum: 7 Things You M... May '15 mysuzuki2 1
News T Rex's 'bizarre' vegetarian cousin puzzles sci... Apr '15 Holy Guacamole 1
News 'Apparently' Kid Is Back And He's Schooling Chr... Apr '15 Christsharians on... 3
More from around the web